• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Yet another game I don't get the praise for. The original Dark Cloud was so repetitive and boring. Not sure if the sequel was any better, but after the original, I couldn't bring myself to play it.

All I wanted was another Actraiser.
I didn't get it.

the sequel was quite a bit different. everything about it was quite improved. In general though I can see people who didn't play dark cloud 1 when it came out not enjoying it. at the time it had decent combat and an interesting mechanic with the world building, but the combat isn't that good by today's standards, and in general the story was utter rubbish (like most level 5 games ><) but I enjoyed it at the time. I would love an updated version of the games.

Yanksfan

Lets look at 2013 Vita titles shall we?

Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time - Definitely
Ratchet & Clank : Full Frontal Assault - Definitely (because of Cross-Buy)
Killzone: Mercenary - Likely
Tearaway - Possible
Oddworld: Munchs Oddysee - Definitely
Dragons Crown - Possible
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus - Definitely
MLB 13: The Show (I added this) - Definitely x3

Skyzard

Banned
^Congrats and enjoy! And yep..memory cards are so delicate and small to handle easily.

To those asking about the "best" multiplayer (gaf) community... PSASBR?

Good multiplayer games:

Sonic Racing RT
NFS:MW
LBP
Wipeout
Ridge Racer
Motorstorm RC (for the friends times/ghost arrows ;)
Cod?
..other fighting games like SFxT

---not a conclusive list or anything. [late edit- golf and..tennis?]

Pachimari

I don't know, every single piece of media I've seen for TIT looks amazingly mediocre. Hell the latest preview in GI, one of the screenshots had the characters feet disappearing into the floor!

Seeing your avatar makes me miss the Junpei days =/
But is it just the technical which looks mediocre?

Depends what counts as MP community. LBPV has a ton of user-created content but active online players is low. I'd imagine CoD has the most players and sounds like the online portion is kind of decent.
Really, it's decent online?
I gotta look into Call of Duty: Declassified now. It have just gotten such a bad average score.

Does anyone know when GameStop will begin adding new preorder-able Vita games?

Both NGS2+ and DoA5+ have concrete US release dates (Next month and March) - I'm worried, as both games are definite purchases...without a preorder, it would be my luck that I might be SOL (ask about GameStop as I have giftcards to use).

Also, above discussion - CODBLOPSD - always has populated sessions, online. I have yet to find sparse competition. Reviews slagged the game, GAF bagged on the game, even so - I think its a fantastic handheld shooter. Technically, the game is far from perfect, but definitely scratches the play for 30 minute or 2 hours itch. Graphically and mechanically, its CoD - stripped of The series' Michael Bay-esque bravado, honed and distilled to the core basics. Not necessarily a bad thing, for those on the go, who just want to play CoD without setpiece distraction.

I gotta look into Call of Duty: Declassified now. It have just gotten such a bad average score.

Well it is and that for me was such an integral part of the magic of Sly. Whilst be no means does it look GOD AWFUL, I get this very disjointed, jaggy and sub par feeling from the visuals though most of the art is fine. Im also sick to death of seeing every preview talking about that Kung Fu Panda type Ninja Sly level.

Yep, 64 trophies including a plat. You can look at the list here, but it's in Japanese.

Should assume this from now on I suppose.

Yanksfan

Does anyone know when GameStop will begin adding new preorder-able Vita games?

Both NGS2+ and DoA5+ have concrete US release dates (Next month and March) - I'm worried, as both games are definite purchases...without a preorder, it would be my luck that I might be SOL (ask about GameStop as I have giftcards to use).

I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to score a copy, but I would assume you could preorder both of those right now since their release is so soon.

Yanksfan

I think a few things have factored into that lower score:

- Rush development time
- Lots of issues at launch
- Lack of SP/Smaller Maps in MP

I think that they showed support and cleaned up some stuff online, on top of people getting over the fact that there is no campaign and the maps have been resized have led to people enjoying the content that is there moreso.

Hmm, to me it doesn't bode we'll for CoD after the patch according to this Youtube video

Can't view the video online atm, but it could still be poor. I have heard from a few people I know as well as a few people on GAF that it had improved and was active, but perhaps not.

Pachimari

But they still seem to have huge connection issues according to that video =/

I would really love to have a nice online shooter on Vita though.

Shahed

Finally finished Assassin's Creed. Now onto New Little King Story.

For those who have played it. Is any of the DLC worthwhile?

I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to score a copy, but I would assume you could preorder both of those right now since their release is so soon.

I keep checking in when I visit, they arent/havent been added to their system. They have Sly, MLB13, Soul Sacrifice and Warriors Lair for preorder. Thats it.

No Tearaway, Killzone, NGS2+, DoA 5+....

Heck, they even are lacking MonHunUltimate for 3DS, which releases in March.

Yanksfan

But they still seem to have huge connection issues according to that video =/

I would really love to have a nice online shooter on Vita though.

I am hopeful Killzone can fill that void. And perhaps with more development time, COD 2013 might be decent as well.

I keep checking in when I visit, they arent/havent been added to their system. They have Sly, MLB13, Soul Sacrifice and Warriors Lair for preorder. Thats it.

No Tearaway, Killzone, NGS2+, DoA 5+....

Heck, they even are lacking MonHunUltimate for 3DS, which releases in March.

Wow, that's pretty terrible. You would think one of the things that Gamestop can do to separate themselves from big box competitor's is to cater to some of these releases. Seems like you should be able to pre-order anything that is coming out.

I haven't preordered anything since MGS4: LE on PS3, so I must just be out of the loop these days.

Skyzard

Banned
Do all Killzones have that slight delay when aiming (compared to COD)? Like the character aims/moves a fraction of a second after you've input it... I played so much CS and Cod that I couldn't get used to it and never got back on the franchise despite it looking so good. Hope Mercenaries is responsive...looks good though ( :( )

Do all Killzones have that slight delay when aiming (compared to COD)? Like the character aims/moves a fraction of a second after you've input it... I played so much CS and Cod that I couldn't get used to it and never got back on the franchise despite it looking so good. Hope Mercenaries is responsive...looks good though ( :( )

The hell looks good about it, we've seen so little of it!!

Hey guys, I just got a Vita Christmas, and I wanted to populate my PSN friends list with some Vita owners. Add me if you'd like!

PSN ID: SOGInferno

Skyzard

Banned
The hell looks good about it, we've seen so little of it!!

What little we've seen of it clearly looks good. Great graphics.

What we've seen is what, alpha, pre beta? What we've seen does look good, but we've seen much to little to form a factual opinion on.

Refresher gif :)

imUzVb98KWyJU.gif

As VanWinkle says - already looks impressive
enough for me to worry about some sort of lag

Massa

Killzone 2 had above average input lag, Killzone 3 fixed it to the point where it's on par with other 30fps games. It's not Call of Duty though, it doesn't play anything like it.

Skyzard

Banned
Added!

And yes it does look fuck amazing, graphics wise but....that looks almost TOO good.

That's why I am a bit worried..but also I'm very excited.

Killzone 2 had above average input lag, Killzone 3 fixed it to the point where it's on par with other 30fps games. It's not Call of Duty though, it doesn't play anything like it.

That's enough if it is like killzone 3 (can't expect cod's 60...it's not even 60 on vita cod hah). I think it might have been the killzone 2 demo I was thinking of. Thanks.

the sequel was quite a bit different. everything about it was quite improved. In general though I can see people who didn't play dark cloud 1 when it came out not enjoying it. at the time it had decent combat and an interesting mechanic with the world building, but the combat isn't that good by today's standards, and in general the story was utter rubbish (like most level 5 games ><) but I enjoyed it at the time. I would love an updated version of the games.

I played it when it came out. My problem with it is the overly repetitive dungeons and barebones combat. I began to dread going into the "dungeons" where it was all just another level of a cave with the same basic enemies and had this sparse empty feel.

Derrick01

Banned
Looks great, except for the annoying touch screen melee moves.

But touch screen stuff is so cool now!

Oh well...better to use that than the other stuff on Vita. I'm interested in seeing how the SP in that game is because if it's score attack like that then I'm out. I need a legit shooter on Vita, so much that I've toyed with the idea of buying Resistance knowing that it probably sucks.

Also I hope the full game looks a lot better than that. I don't see what everyone sees in the graphics there.

Anilusion

But touch screen stuff is so cool now!

Oh well...better to use that than the other stuff on Vita. I'm interested in seeing how the SP in that game is because if it's score attack like that then I'm out. I need a legit shooter on Vita, so much that I've toyed with the idea of buying Resistance knowing that it probably sucks.

Also I hope the full game looks a lot better than that. I don't see what everyone sees in the graphics there.

Isn't there a demo for Resistance on PSN?

Skyzard

Banned
The only one that really bothers me is the zig zag upward strike. A single direction one is good enough.

They all bothered me when I first saw it but I don't mind since it seems to slow down time (how would that work in MP? :S) and imo melee kills should be harder/better than a random knife press that may or may not connect/give the player a temporary sword...which is how the recent Cods felt to me.

I also can't wait for a great FPS..the time will come, surely.

They all bothered me when I first saw it but I don't mind since it seems to slow down time (how would that work in MP? :S) and imo melee kills should be harder/better than a random knife press that may or may not connect/give the player a temporary sword...which is how the recent Cods felt to me.

I also can't wait for a great FPS..the time will come, surely.

Me, i just want a fun, simple FPS. I'd even take something like Avatar Laser Wars as a $5 mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom