• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beat P4G. 52 hours 4 mins.

IWVKb.jpg

VanWinkle

But touch screen stuff is so cool now!

Oh well...better to use that than the other stuff on Vita. I'm interested in seeing how the SP in that game is because if it's score attack like that then I'm out. I need a legit shooter on Vita, so much that I've toyed with the idea of buying Resistance knowing that it probably sucks.

Also I hope the full game looks a lot better than that. I don't see what everyone sees in the graphics there.

What would you say needs improvement that you can tell for sure, while keeping in mind its on the Vita and not the PS3?

ZeroAKA

I have a random question about trophies: If I buy the same game from multiple regions, will each game have a separate trophy list?

Noi

I have a random question about trophies: If I buy the same game from multiple regions, will each game have a separate trophy list?

It depends on the game, but most of the time that doesn't work. Most games nowadays are made with multiple regions in mind and will only give you one list regardless of region, it's just translated to different languages depending on your device's location.

Example: My US copy of BlazBlue PS3 has the japanese (language) trophies unlocked for some reason (Us and japan share the same trophy set), but my Vita US copy has the english list.

ZeroAKA

It depends on the game, but most of the time that doesn't work. Most games nowadays are made with multiple regions in mind and will only give you one list regardless of region, it's just translated to different languages depending on your device's location.
I see. Do save files transfer if games from different regions share the same trophy list?

Derrick01

Banned
What would you say needs improvement that you can tell for sure, while keeping in mind its on the Vita and not the PS3?

Graphically? I don't even know why it looks unimpressive to me, it's just not hitting me. I'm not a huge fan of the boring Killzone art style to begin with but on PS3 they can work some magic to make it look amazing. I'm not sure if it can work on a weaker system since it can't pull that off. I'm hoping whatever that was taken from (e3 reel I think?) was just really early footage.

Anilusion

Graphically? I don't even know why it looks unimpressive to me, it's just not hitting me. I'm not a huge fan of the boring Killzone art style to begin with but on PS3 they can work some magic to make it look amazing. I'm not sure if it can work on a weaker system since it can't pull that off. I'm hoping whatever that was taken from (e3 reel I think?) was just really early footage.

I don't know man, it looks amazing to me as it is.

VanWinkle

Ah okay so its just a case of you not liking the awesome art style. No problem. Those of us who like that style think it looks awesome.

Pachimari

Pretty damn good. I prefer it over the ps3 one.
I'll eventually get it. I completed those games on PS2 and reviewed them for 360 but I have a hard time getting used to the 360 controller for my MGS games, so having the first 3 games on Vita would be preferred.

gkryhewy

I'll eventually get it. I completed those games on PS2 and reviewed them for 360 but I have a hard time getting used to the 360 controller for my MGS games, so having the first 3 games on Vita would be preferred.

Vita controls are more traditional for MGS than a 360 controller, or do you just mean the sony brand?

You guys are allowed to have the thread to discuss the topic, of course. I don't think anyone should be posting new news here. Performance was good over the holidays, with new threads created for relevant deals and relevant releases. If it gets to the point where people are dumping stuff in here (and worse, becoming actively hostile when someone posts about it outsides the thread), then we will reconsider.

I see, I see. I usually just cross post stuff from news threads, is that ok? Usually those get buried, and lots of the Vita-gaf crew mostly only come here.

Also, EDF is coming this Tuesday? Ugh man, I dunno if I can fit it on my card unless it's less than a gig :( Anyone know if it is?

Edit: Blahhh I still really want to get Sonic RT and DJMAX..

Salaadin

It controls good. Some changes were made since there arent analog buttons or shoulder buttons but it works well.
Controls:
http://www.imgur.com/fZZp7.jpeg
http://www.imgur.com/Hjchl.jpeg
http://www.imgur.com/ZeE4S.jpeg
http://www.imgur.com/bvvz3.jpeg

Pachimari

Odrion

Banned
Can you somehow get Japanese PSP games from PSN and play them on an American Vita? They got Ridge Racer PSP 2, Megaman: Powered Up, and Monster Hunter 3rd. :|

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
this is the first time my ps+ has ended...and i feel so powerless and empty without all those free games i was able to play. my library went from... a dozen or so.... to...a couple..

:( this doesnt make me feel good because i know i will not be a ps+ subscriber for hte rest of my life.. and it just makes me want to buy the actual games mroe than get them for free.. wish they could offer the free games for a dollar or something instead....

i know i know. its how they make you resub....but still i feel kinda ripped off some how, whether i was or not.

Takao

Banned
Can you somehow get Japanese PSP games from PSN and play them on an American Vita? They got Ridge Racer PSP 2, Megaman: Powered Up, and Monster Hunter 3rd. :|

If you go through the process of buying Japanese PSN credit, and making a Japanese PSN ID on your Vita, yes. PSP games aren't region locked.

DR2K

Banned
Just popped in MGS3 today, played it for 2 hours, fantastic game.

Rayman Origins is meant to be played on an OLED display, so gorgeous.

Cookie18

this is the first time my ps+ has ended...and i feel so powerless and empty without all those free games i was able to play. my library went from... a dozen or so.... to...a couple..

:( this doesnt make me feel good because i know i will not be a ps+ subscriber for hte rest of my life.. and it just makes me want to buy the actual games mroe than get them for free.. wish they could offer the free games for a dollar or something instead....

i know i know. its how they make you resub....but still i feel kinda ripped off some how, whether i was or not.

Why aren't you resubscribing?

Derrick01

Banned
So how many rainy days in a row do I have in persona before the shit hits the fan? I've been doing some grinding and the 5th floor that I got up to in the dungeon has enemies that are about 3 levels higher than me at least. I'm pretty sure I'm about to go to my 2nd straight rainy day so I'm kind of short on time here.

zulux21

So how many rainy days in a row do I have in persona before the shit hits the fan? I've been doing some grinding and the 5th floor that I got up to in the dungeon has enemies that are about 3 levels higher than me at least. I'm pretty sure I'm about to go to my 2nd straight rainy day so I'm kind of short on time here.

it varies... you just need to check the weather forecast (check the tv at night) in the persona 4 world the weather men actually can predict the weather :p

Sky Chief

Just got my first Vita platinum on Gravity Rush. Really enjoyed it, I think I am going to have to buy all the DLC just because after completing all the challenges I feel like I need something to do with my enhanced skills.

The game will warn you and tell you to check the midnight channel.

Salaadin

oh i am. gotta chase the dragon. feed the need.

hahah!

it just makes me feel like i should just buy the games and own them rather than play for free and lose them. oh well. ill manage.
I do think there should be some kind of discount price on the free games if we want to buy them.

zulux21

Guess I know what I'm doing for the next few hours. Grinding ahoy!

if i am recalling correctly you hate turn based battles.
I take it despite hating turn based battles you didn't select the easiest setting which basically removes all need to pay attention to the turn based battles?

Yanksfan

oh i am. gotta chase the dragon. feed the need.

hahah!

it just makes me feel like i should just buy the games and own them rather than play for free and lose them. oh well. ill manage.

I know what you're saying, but I look at it like this..

It allows you to play some kickass games (like Uncharted:GA, Wipeout & Gravity Rush) for free until you can find them dirt cheap. By the time I would be looking to not resub potentially, it will be a few years. Shouldn't have a problem probably finding them for $10 or less by then if I want to own them.

Plus also introduces me to other games I may not have otherwise tried (Mutant Blobs) that I end up loving. If and when I don't reup with Plus, I will pick up those titles as well since they are already cheap.

If you aren't also using Plus to get good discounts on some games (seriously, HSG for less than $10 was pretty awesome), then you are missing out on another good feature.

All in all, you can expand your library with discounts, get to play some good retail games until you can own them for a pittance and check out things you may not otherwise. That's the value of the service to me.

Derrick01

Banned
if i am recalling correctly you hate turn based battles.
I take it despite hating turn based battles you didn't select the easiest setting which basically removes all need to pay attention to the turn based battles?

Well the social part of the game sucks so I need to get something out of this. Removing all challenge from the battles would be too boring.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I know what you're saying, but I look at it like this..

It allows you to play some kickass games (like Uncharted:GA, Wipeout & Gravity Rush) for free until you can find them dirt cheap. By the time I would be looking to not resub potentially, it will be a few years. Shouldn't have a problem probably finding them for $10 or less by then if I want to own them.

Plus also introduces me to other games I may not have otherwise tried (Mutant Blobs) that I end up loving. If and when I don't reup with Plus, I will pick up those titles as well since they are already cheap.

If you aren't also using Plus to get good discounts on some games (seriously, HSG for less than $10 was pretty awesome), then you are missing out on another good feature.

All in all, you can expand your library with discounts, get to play some good retail games until you can own them for a pittance and check out things you may not otherwise. That's the value of the service to me.

yeah definitely agree. love the value of ps+. think its a great service, not trying to discredit it.

it was just funny feeling that emptiness of saying to myself "hey, whered my library go?"

anyways time to resub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom