• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

falconzss

Well worth it. It has a great sense of humour, and it's perfectly built for handhelds.

Could have sworn I've seen it at a lower price at the store these past couple of days :(
It looks really quirky and fun but I should slow down in regards of purchases. Already spent more money than I should have (low budget be damned).

I'm not sure what you were expecting. It has 50 levels and a ton of polish - lots of secrets, extras, little details in the animation, cutscenes. Sure, it's not a AAA game, but a prototype? Seriously?

well I did say I've only play a few levels and yeah calling it prototype is perhaps not the right word, but it just give me the feel that it's not quite there yet. just don't understand the hige praise gaf give to this game, I enjoy Wizorb or Where's My Heart mini a lot more, and as a shootem up, I think I have more fun with Flying Hamster than Velocity.

keep in mind I'm not saying it's a bad game, just overated in gaf imo. maybe it get a lot better in later stage. I think I give up playing after 6 to 8 level into it.

Shinriji

well I did say I've only play a few levels and yeah calling it prototype is perhaps not the right word, but it just give me the feel that it's not quite there yet. just don't understand the hige praise gaf give to this game, I enjoy Wizorb or Where's My Heart mini a lot more, and as a shootem up, I think I have more fun with Flying Hamster than Velocity.

keep in mind I'm not saying it's a bad game, just overated in gaf imo. maybe it get a lot better in later stage. I think I give up playing after 6 to 8 level into it.

I found Velocity boring as hell. It was lauched at the same time as "Floating God", which is way better game, but for reasons unknown, Velocity gained cult status.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I found Velocity boring as hell. It was lauched at the same time as "Floating God", which is way better game, but for reasons unknown, Velocity gained cult status.
Yeah...no.

spats

I partly agree... the best minis currently available are BreakQuest and Jetpack Joyride.

rCIZZLE

Had fun with LBP until the fucking wings missions that require constant rear touchpad control. So uncomfortable. Should have followed Uncharted by allowing me to choose between the unused face buttons or the gimmick.

Grinchy

Banned
Had fun with LBP until the fucking wings missions that require constant rear touchpad control. So uncomfortable. Should have followed Uncharted by allowing me to choose between the unused face buttons or the gimmick.

I actually liked the touchpad for everything but that level. The mechanics just were not that solid.

Yep, fixes the save bug and some other sundry things.

Too bad it didn't fix that ball maze... that fucking ball maze.

holy fuck i thought my handheld was broken. the controls made no goddam sense. it functioned the opposite of how i expected. the best part was when i was almost done the ball glitched. it just started rolling through the walls. sweet suffering christ i almost put the game down for good right then.

marrec

Banned
holy fuck i thought my handheld was broken. the controls made no goddam sense. it functioned the opposite of how i expected. the best part was when i was almost done the ball glitched. it just started rolling through the walls. sweet suffering christ i almost put the game down for good right then.

I am loving my playthrough of AC:Lib, it's amazing that we can have the Assassin's Creed experience on a handheld with almost no exceptions, but that fucking ball maze is a black spot in all of gaming kind. I dread going back to get it done in under 2 minutes for the full Sync.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I am loving my playthrough of AC:Lib, it's amazing that we can have the Assassin's Creed experience on a handheld with almost no exceptions, but that fucking ball maze is a black spot in all of gaming kind. I dread going back to get it done in under 2 minutes for the full Sync.

Really weird so many people have/had issues with it. Did the full sync on my second try. Must have been really lucky.

marrec

Banned
Really weird so many people have/had issues with it. Did the full sync on my second try.

It's just completely unintuitive for how a maze should work. I tilt one way, the maze goes a different way. Not completely opposite either, a little off completely opposite so as to make it almost impossible to just mirror the tilts.

Toma

It's just completely unintuitive for how a maze should work. I tilt one way, the maze goes a different way. Not completely opposite either, a little off completely opposite so as to make it almost impossible to just mirror the tilts.

I think it took me a while to realize that the maze tilts slower than you tilt the device. If you know you want to tilt to the right in about 3 seconds, start tilting now, for example. But then it was smooth sailing.

i think the best part is the puzzle for the other half of the disc takes all of five seconds to figure out. i had to laugh after the ball maze gave me so much trouble. i agree though the rest of the game is pretty awesome. my first ac since the original and it was a nice way to break into the vita.

Massa

The trick is to hold your Vita in a horizontal position before starting the maze, the game will calibrate its position at the beginning. It was very easy to do it in under 2 minutes then.

marrec

Banned
The trick is to hold your Vita in a horizontal position before starting the maze, the game will calibrate its position at the beginning. It was very easy to do it in under 2 minutes then.

I tried that, but I think it was pulling in the calibration data from the first time I started. When I go back it will probably be correctly aligned, but it was frustrating at the time, especially after the great exploration through the caves before hand.

Those caves were beautiful BTW.

Derrick01

Banned
Really weird so many people have/had issues with it. Did the full sync on my second try. Must have been really lucky.

Exact same thing with me. The one I really hated was that sliding puzzle as I'm terrible at them and I thought for sure I was going to fail the full sync but I got it done in 2 moves. I just moved a piece up and to the left and it finished :lol

QP3

Good god, I am waiting on my AC bundle to come in...now I am scared to play the game!

Other than this maze, how much good did the patch do? I remember reading it was hard to play with all the bugs...

marrec

Banned
Good god, I am waiting on my AC bundle to come in...now I am scared to play the game!

Other than this maze, how much good did the patch do? I remember reading it was hard to play with all the bugs...

I played through half the game without any patches, it's not hard to play with the bugs, it was just slightly dangerous to play with the 'Save Corrupting' bug out there. Now that it's patched out, there are very few bugs that you'll have to worry about. The only one I can think of now is the 'Dressing Room' bug in which if you try to buy the last dressing room on a map (probably while something else is happening) then you will go blind. Well, not you, but the character. Toma has a screenshot.

Toma

I'd say sequel. Re-release doesn't seem to be how they roll.

My guess as well, but since the other isnt completely out of the question, we should keep the expectations in check :p
Also, if they get to release one game on PSN, does that mean their others could get released on PSN too or do they need to consult with Sony for each individual title? I'd love that upcoming puzzle game on PSN for leaderboards alone.

Btw, its incredibly cool they are taking note of the community. OneLoop games on the other hand apparently doesnt even answer their emails :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom