• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
preordered for vita? Which ones?

A lot of these are Japan-only (at the moment, at least) games, but I have the following pre-orders in, or I will, or I'll be buying the digital version:

Demon Gaze
PSO2 (I want the boxed copy, because I love PSO)
Sei Madou Monogatari (I'll preorder this one once I figure out where it's cheapest)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus (digital version)
Soul Sacrifice Duel Pack (3180 yen each -- Who wants to be my buddy!?)

In December, I also hope to pick up Box! Open Me, the new Paint Park and JSR (it's not out here yet).

I might also pick up Muramasa, and Tales of Hearts R will be coming out eventually as well.

It's going to be a big Spring.

Onemic

Sly never really drew me in. I think it has more to do with the characters not looking that appealing than the gameplay itself.

A lot of these are Japan-only (at the moment, at least) games, but I have the following pre-orders in, or I will, or I'll be buying the digital version:

Demon Gaze
PSO2 (I want the boxed copy, because I love PSO)
Sei Madou Monogatari (I'll preorder this one once I figure out where it's cheapest)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus (digital version)
Soul Sacrifice Duel Pack (3180 yen each -- Who wants to be my buddy!?)

In December, I also hope to pick up Box! Open Me, the new Paint Park and JSR (it's not out here yet).

I might also pick up Muramasa, and Tales of Hearts R will be coming out eventually as well.

It's going to be a big Spring.

Has a PSO game ever been good outside of the Dreamcast version?

Has a PSO game ever been good outside of the Dreamcast version?

Define PSO game.

PSO Ep. I & II, as well as Blue Burst (Ep. IV) were really just more of the same, and that is fine with my because that's what I really fell in love with back in high school.

PSO2 didn't really cooperate with my MacBook Pro + Bootcamp, but from what I've played and heard it's essentially all of the good of PSO and PSU together. And the music was spot on, so it'll at least keep me feeling all kinds of nostalgic while I play it. Also, it's free.

I also plan to spend some time this spring tracking down cheap copies of PS Vita visual novels, a collection I plan to kick-off with Time Travelers to go along with my boxed RPG collection.

Onemic

Define PSO game.

PSO Ep. I & II, as well as Blue Burst (Ep. IV) were really just more of the same, and that is fine with my because that's what I really fell in love with back in high school.

PSO2 didn't really cooperate with my MacBook Pro + Bootcamp, but from what I've played and heard it's essentially all of the good of PSO and PSU together. And the music was spot on, so it'll at least keep me feeling all kinds of nostalgic while I play it. Also, it's free.

I also plan to spend some time this spring tracking down cheap copies of PS Vita visual novels, a collection I plan to kick-off with Time Travelers to go along with my boxed RPG collection.

Its free on the vita? Where can I get it, the JPN store?

Its free on the vita? Where can I get it, the JPN store?

It's going to be a very long time before the Vita version comes out in Western territories, if at all. I suppose with the boxed version, it might be possible on any account, but that depends on whether or not connecting to PSO2 requires connecting to the PSN, and the Japanese PSN in specific.

The version I'm buying is a limited edition gimmick with some free items. If you love PSO like I do, though, it's worth it just to see it on the shelf again.

It's going to be a very long time before the Vita version comes out in Western territories, if at all. I suppose with the boxed version, it might be possible on any account, but that depends on whether or not connecting to PSO2 requires connecting to the PSN, and the Japanese PSN in specific.
My fragile heart :-(

zulux21

The version I'm buying is a limited edition gimmick with some free items. If you love PSO like I do, though, it's worth it just to see it on the shelf again.

at least the pc version is confirmed, but a MMO on the vita does sound sexy... if the rumored file size of over 4gb is true I hope hope hope there is a physical release at $30-$40 so I can buy it to save myself 4 plus gigs on my memory card.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I've been gone for 2 weeks. What have I missed?

Worth noting, Mutant Blobs is so damn charming. I'm sad I waited for it to be PS+ free instead of giving those devs my money.

Onemic

okay noi, you win. gonna get bb tomorrow. playing ggac on the vita made me realizae arcsys games can work with my hands

So I've been gone for 2 weeks. What have I missed?

Worth noting, Mutant Blobs is so damn charming. I'm sad I waited for it to be PS+ free instead of giving those devs my money.

You can redeem yourself once Guacamelee comes out. Or buy the original game on PS3, not as good as the Vita game though.

Lusankya

Damn, that's really fucking nice. I would get it off the german store but I can't use my german account since I only have one memory card. :/ Wonder how much it is in Euros.

You don't need a second memory card to use your German account. Just copy the content of your memory card onto a PC/PS3.

I forgot what actually happen regarding the whole paul gale, ps allstar dev, and the leak. can someone give simplified version? isn't there's accusation about being paul gale being fake but turn out he's the one who's fake instead etc. it's pretty confusing the whole thing.

I think it all start with Superbot's mistakes about leaving the character roster in the beta right? Paul Gale actually is connected and not just spouting bullshit is he?

kiyomi

I am proclaiming today to be 'ZHP Day'.

kassatsu said:
Velocity for Vita please.
Maybe I'm missing some joke here, but it is already?

Oh, presumably you mean not as a Mini, but a full-fledged Vita downloadable.

I forgot what actually happen regarding the whole paul gale, ps allstar dev, and the leak. can someone give simplified version? isn't there's accusation about being paul gale being fake but turn out he's the one who's fake instead etc. it's pretty confusing the whole thing.

I think it all start with Superbot's mistakes about leaving the character roster in the beta right? Paul Gale actually is connected and not just spouting bullshit is he?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493575

everytime I see praise for Velocity I wonder if I'm playing the same game as you guys. it's the minis shooter right? I played a few level, it's pretty inventive, I like the mechanic of shifting through walls and all, but didn't seem like it warrant all the praises it got. it's pretty fun for awhile but got old pretty fast for me. and the whole game simply felt a bit cheap. control didn't feel exactly spot on either if you compare to other shooter like the recent Sinemora.

felt like a good prototype that need further polish or something. but it's just cheap minis. I'd be willing to try again if the remade it for Vita with tighter control, better visual and all.

so guys, if someone comments or likes something on my live area or if he replies to a post that i liked in someone else's livearea do we get a notification for it? i mean its pretty useless without it, why is sony holding back with that, shdnt be hard to implement right?!

so guys, if someone comments or likes something on my live area or if he replies to a post that i liked in someone else's livearea do we get a notification for it? i mean its pretty useless without it, why is sony holding back with that, shdnt be hard to implement right?!

Yeah, I get notifications when someone does.

DiscoJer

everytime I see praise for Velocity I wonder if I'm playing the same game as you guys. it's the minis shooter right? I played a few level, it's pretty inventive, I like the mechanic of shifting through walls and all, but didn't seem like it warrant all the praises it got. it's pretty fun for awhile but got old pretty fast for me. and the whole game simply felt a bit cheap. control didn't feel exactly spot on either if you compare to other shooter like the recent Sinemora.

felt like a good prototype that need further polish or something. but it's just cheap minis. I'd be willing to try again if the remade it for Vita with tighter control, better visual and all.

I'm not sure what you were expecting. It has 50 levels and a ton of polish - lots of secrets, extras, little details in the animation, cutscenes. Sure, it's not a AAA game, but a prototype? Seriously?

Grinchy

Banned
Does LBP have matchmaking? Or can I only progress in story with friends?

When you're about to start a level, you can see how many people are currently playing it. You can either tell the game to join in when it prompts you, or you can set it to automatically try to join anyone who will have you. So, in that sense, it's kinda like matchmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom