• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | April 2013 | Sacrifice your Independent Soul

jwk94

So have people been playing Thomas Was Alone? :)
Yep just got all the trophies.

And don't forget Velocity Ultra is out in less than 1 month! Can't wait. Found my stickers for the original Mini that FuturLab sent me.

Anyway yeah... I'll probably start bugging you all to buy it over the next few weeks ;)
I remember for the longest time, I thought you were employed by the velocity creators since you were promoting Velocity so hard.

top of the page recommendations:

Dragon Fantasy Book I
Thomas Was Alone
Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour
Guacamelee
Soul Sacrifice
And kick start Anne so we can get it on the Vita!

Hanmik

Hopefully people forget about you!

I just image googled "velocity Ultra".. some people are showing their butts and taking pictures of them... shows how excited people are for this game..!

(and btw. Carl needs to fine tune his sarcasm meter...)

Carl

Yep just got all the trophies.

I remember for the longest time, I thought you were employed by the velocity creators since you were promoting Velocity so hard.

Nice. Did you enjoy it? Looking forward to playing it later.

Haha, yeah i've had people asking me that before. People have asked if i work for DrinkBox studios too. It's quite funny, but i take it as a compliment :p I just like promoting games i enjoy!

I just image googled "velocity Ultra".. some people are showing their butts and taking pictures of them... shows how excited people are for this game..!

(and btw. Carl needs to fine tune his sarcasm meter...)

Nice, i better get a picture of mine up there!

(Hamnik, you need to tune yours, because i knew you were being sarcastic :p)

Well, theoretically it could, since Wasteland 2 is using Unity and supposedly there is a Unity plugin for the Vita in the works (an official one anyway).
No supposedly about it. Unity officially announced that they're "making games built on Unity deployable to PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PSM, and SCE’s future cloud service" on the PlayStation Blog.

wouwie

Looking forward to giving my Vita some playtime again with Thomas was alone and Velocity Ultra (15 may). Should be good!

DiscoJer

No supposedly about it. Unity officially announced that they're "making games built on Unity deployable to PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PSM, and SCE’s future cloud service" on the PlayStation Blog.

An announcement is one thing, it actually happening is another. I don't trust Sony much when it comes to the Vita (having owned a PSP).

Akira_83

Banned
Really hoping we get some big titles announced at E3

im already kind of sick of indie titles on the Vita (i own quite a few), i need more games like gravity rush, uncharted and assassins creed

really hoping Pheonix Rising is a new Vita AC game

Its happening. All im saying.

ron-paul.gif

Genki

(EU)Playstation Store 'Lost Treasures' sale starts today

Smart as…
Was €24.99/£19.99, now €12.49/£8.99
Additional 10% off for PS Plus subscribers

Sound Shapes
Was €12.99/£9.99, now €6.49/£5.19
Additional 10% off for PS Plus subscribers

You know, our Plus might be superior in many peoples eyes, but our Vita sales are routinely pitiful. Even the Oddworld SW sale that linked to the Vita version in the Plus blogpost is PS3 only.

wilflare

You should start a thread for this. Thinking about dropping $250 on this because that figure would look badass in my work cube next to Meat Boy. Also, getting really good vibes from the game, even if it doesn't meet the stretch goals.

hmm. would work on a thread.
any recommendations for a tagline?
(Bring it to the Vita?)

ZeroAKA

hmm. would work on a thread.
any recommendations for a tagline?
(Bring it to the Vita?)
I don't know about the tagline, but try to include that it's a Metroidvania-style PC game with PSN/Vita/WiiU stretch goals. Not many people would care if you only mention the Vita.

wilflare

I don't know about the tagline, but try to include that it's a Metroidvania-style PC game with PSN/Vita/WiiU stretch goals. Not many people would care if you only mention the Vita.

:( I wonder if the 3DS guys would come in and diss it :/ (hope not... they don't usually strike me as such.. maybe some)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Really hate platform stretch goals. Kickstarter is essentially a store, and I certainly don't want to put money down if I'm not going to be able to play it.

Really hate platform stretch goals. Kickstarter is essentially a store, and I certainly don't want to put money down if I'm not going to be able to play it.

This is my thing as well. I really don't care to play this on the PC and I am not dropping the kind of cash needed for those other cool rewards, so I am left just putting $10-$20 towards something I may never play.

Paskil

Thomas is delightful. Played through the first 12 levels on my commute this morning. Going to keep it specifically for that.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
This is my thing as well. I really don't care to play this on the PC and I am not dropping the kind of cash needed for those other cool rewards, so I am left just putting $10-$20 towards something I may never play.
I'd plunk 20$ down on this one ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1054244612/c-wars-roguelike-pixel-art-pc-game ) if the PSV goal was concrete and I thought they would attain it without a problem. As it is now, I have a reminder for both and I'll just have to hope enough people who want the 3DS version will put their money down. :-\

Onemic

I knew there was something about C-Wars that seemed familiar. What's up with that Vita stretch goal though? :/

You dont want it released for the vita?

I wish the vita stretch goal was much lower though, considering the type of game it is, it would have been better if they put it after the 3DS stretch goal. The WiiU stretch goal should be last imo.

ZeroAKA

You dont want it released for the vita?

I wish the vita stretch goal was much lower though, considering the type of game it is, it would have been better if they put it after the 3DS stretch goal. The WiiU stretch goal should be last imo.
I do, but what does that "???" Vita stretch goal even mean? They should at least give us a concrete number.

Edit:
PS Vita

This announcement got a lot of attention from you guys. In terms of techs, it's C++, which is nothing new for us. In terms of license, we have absolutely NO IDEA whether we can get the dev-kits from Sony or not. We’ve begun contacting them to see the possibilities, but unfortunately we have a rather small chance with the popularity of C-Wars now, although 20+ news/games websites have already covered the C-Wars KS campaign. But if you can spread the word, up the pledge, our chance will be higher. Let's cross our fingers for this one.
Ok then...

hswbaz

Neo Member
I do, but what does that "???" Vita stretch goal even mean? They should at least give us a concrete number.

Edit: Too slow...

If they receive some sort of concrete possibility I would back this very fast. Hopefully they have a response (and concrete number) in the next 2 weeks or so.

Edit:

Ok then...

They originally actually listed a figure for a Vita port ($200k?) but when this caught some attention, they changed it to '???' and came up with all that. They're really trying to back out of it now.

matmanx1

My 107 hour file from last year showed up on Vita PSO2. That was a really nice thing to see. It plays really well on this machine.

However it ties whatever account to your ID instantly upon log in, be careful with that. I don't see a way yo untie it.

I can tether from my phone and it works fine solo (3G), but it sucks there's not even a cut down single player mode at all.

There's maintenance at the moment so I can't play, which really sucks on a handheld.

Speaking of this, did North America ever get a Vita compatible Phantasy Star Portable 2? That's one PSP game I would be playing pretty frequently on my Vita if I could. I've never understood what the problem with that one was.

wilflare

Famassu

I'd plunk 20$ down on this one ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1054244612/c-wars-roguelike-pixel-art-pc-game ) if the PSV goal was concrete and I thought they would attain it without a problem. As it is now, I have a reminder for both and I'll just have to hope enough people who want the 3DS version will put their money down. :-\
Well, you COULD always just pledge that 20$ for games with Vita-port stretch goals and if it looks like it won't reach it by the final day or something, just pull the pledge. That way you'd actually help it get closer to the stretch goal but you still have the option to withdraw your pledge if it seems what you want is not going to get made.

btkadams

so, i started playing dragon fantasy last night before falling asleep. probably only played for maybe 20 minutes.

it is so cool to flip between 8-bit and 16-bit mode. the game looks gorgeous to me on the vita's screen. i really hope that the rise of indie developers allows us to get more 8/16-bit rpgs like this. how big of a team did something at the scale of pokemon red require?

wilflare

so, i started playing dragon fantasy last night before falling asleep. probably only played for maybe 20 minutes.

it is so cool to flip between 8-bit and 16-bit mode. the game looks gorgeous to me on the vita's screen. i really hope that the rise of indie developers allows us to get more 8/16-bit rpgs like this. how big of a team did something at the scale of pokemon red require?

now you make me regret not jumping on it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/24/cult-studio-llamasoft-blazes-onto-ps-vita-with-txk/
Llamasoft talks about TxK :D

I sincerely hope this game draws some old gamers to the Vita

Onemic

Soul Sacrifice seems pretty cool so far.

And Toto must be on dat crack. This game looks beautiful. The ground textures are totally fine.

btkadams

Top Bottom