• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC are recruiting for 'At-Home Game Testers' for AAA Multiplayer Console & PC Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mocoworm

I saw this yesterday on Eurogamer (they tweeted it).

I filled in the form yesterday morning, signed the NDA yesterday afternoon and got my first dload code for a test session on Saturday night.

$10.50 an hour.

Anyone interested should sign up. It really is AAA titles. Obviously I can't say which as I signed the NDA but they say they are looking for people to get involved.

Has anyone had any experience with this company?

https://www.vmc.com/games/Pages/Multiplayer-Gamers-for-AAA-Titles-EGGI.aspx

https://www.facebook.com/VMCRemoteTesting?fref=ts

https://twitter.com/@VMC_GBTN

Deadly

VMC is legit, I've worked for them before. Do you have to put in a certain number of hours or do they pay you for how much you've done?

Mesoian

Make sure you guys get proper income information for this. I feel like this is the kind of thing that can kick you in the ass come tax time.

The M.O.B

Couple days ago they said they were looking for XB1 and PC testers, those choices would be your best bet to be accepted.

If I knew how much time I have to put into this and which days, I could go for some side cash.

mocoworm

Do you need a gaming PC to do this?

All platforms are available except VITA I think.

Couple days ago they said they were looking for XB1 and PC testers, those choices would be your best bet to be accepted.

If I knew how much time I have to put into this and which days, I could go for some side cash.

Weekends only. 3hrs at a time from what I can gather. This Saturday night is the first one on my list.

Tony91

Sent.

I've been doing this for years now and for different companies while fulfilling other roles all around the gaming industry while not being even close to one of the offices in companies. I really hope they'll consider my application since I like doing these kind of things! :D

Revven

This... intrigues me greatly. Tempted to apply but I'm always wary of these things (and I also am really busy with college this time of year).

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Namikaze1

Just applied though I don't think I'll get selected since my pc rig isn't that good right now and outside of that, I only got a Ps4.

skynidas

Banned
the people that just applied received a confirmation email or something? i applied and haven't received anything confirming it

mocoworm

the people that just applied received a confirmation email or something? i applied and haven't received anything confirming it

I filled in the form yesterday morning. By yesterday afternoon I received a reply with an NDA attached. I printed it, signed it, took a pic of it and emailed it back.

When I woke up this morning I had an email with what game I would be testing, instructions on how to dload the game and the schedule.

I am in the UK and on XBOX platforms. Maybe they need ppl here more urgently than other areas. I don't know.

I just wanted to know it was legit and to spread the word as their last email says to ask all your friends.

vypek

Cool. I hope I get selected. Just filled out the survey. 3 hours on the weekend to play games for pay would be great.

skynidas

Banned
I filled in the form yesterday morning. By yesterday afternoon I received a reply with an NDA attached. I printed it, signed it, took a pic of it and emailed it back.

When I woke up this morning I had an email with what game I would be testing, instructions on how to dload the game and the schedule.

I am in the UK and on XBOX platforms. Maybe they need ppl here more urgently than other areas. I don't know.

I just wanted to know it was legit and to spread the word as their last email says to ask all your friends.

great! i'll be patient then. although i signed up for PlayStation and PC, so we'll see! thanks for sharing the info.

balohna

I work for them. They're completely legit, but in a lot of ways they're pretty shitty. I can probably partially blame the company I work at that's hiring them though... I work in-house and have done so for several years, and get paid better than 10.50, but I'm essentially working in a position that should be paying me much more than I make.

I have my guard weekends to consider, but I might check into this. I could really only test on Wii U 3DS and PC, but I'm sure I'll get thrown a bone or two.

Corpekata

Banned
Says you need a Skype ID. I don't really use Skype, is that the number you get for paying for 3 months or is there some other way?

MidBoss

Thanks for the tip! I was just finishing up my freelance dev contract. This is perfect! If I get chosen, that is.

GoaThief

Interested in this but Chrome on Android tells me there is something wrong with the security certificate and that I shouldn't proceed.

Scary, what gives? Not seen that message before.

dukeoflegs

Has anyone had any experience with this company?

I've worked with them as an onsite tester pay was far better than what they are offering here. They've always had problems with paper work for me (incorrect payrate, late paychecks, incorrect tax info). They use to be the main CERT testing for Microsoft but they lost the contract to HCL.

DonDraper

Banned
We used them before for some QA testing on some games at one of my older game companies. Their work was good. Their prices were a bit high. Looks like they may be low-balling the "at home" testers, just based on their prices when working with them before.

Years later at another company I was looking at hiring them for some QA work but they were way expensive for what we were looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom