• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC are recruiting for 'At-Home Game Testers' for AAA Multiplayer Console & PC Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foshy

I just downloaded Project O in one hour. Looks like your connection is shit.

Unifi.gif

one hour? didn't even take me 30 minutes :>

level44

I am pretty sure my 150Mbps fiber shits all over yours connection any day.

Straight out of Xbox One connection test over Wi-Fi, I get 150-160mbps on XBL over cord, but can't be fucked to buy power outlet adapters:

PS4 connection test, same Wi-Fi network, 71SNR (pretty much no noise), I even tried bringing fiber modem next to PS4 and setting up PPPoE on console itself, no changes what so ever. PSN was shit and still shit when it comes to speeds and routing:

I could excuse shitty speeds before when PSN was free, but now it's the most annoying thing about PS4 and why I buy most my downloadable games on Xbox One, as well as some "full" games, because I don't have to wait 2-3 days to play anything, takes me 25 minutes to download full 23-25Gb games. I never seen anyone complaining about XBL, Steam, Origin or even Uplay speeds, outside of occasional slowdowns but those are single cases mostly out of control from platform holder and are fixed within days or even hours. But I saw countless and countless threads on Gaf alone, and always there are people who blame shitty ISP, Wi-Fi, router, weather, you name it, everything but Sony. PSN is the only service I have issues with, I can download even from Uplay at 40-50Mbps, Steam and Origin are always 70Mbps+ for me.

Your router and PS4 don't get along. I have amazing speeds on PSN. It is super fast!

Caayn

Your router and PS4 don't get along. I have amazing speeds on PSN. It is super fast!
It's not his router. PSN speeds are still not up to par with its competitors as I pointed out to you in a different topic.

The services still have different speeds. I've got both connected exactly the same way via an Ethernet cable yet they still give drastically different results.

Xbox One:
Up: 6.4 Mb
Down: 119.63 Mb

PS4:
Up: 4.7 Mb
Down: 51.4 Mb

The PS4 download speeds are way better than the PS3's that for sure, it would've been an embarrassment if they weren't. But they're not on the same level as Microsoft.

Hedrush

There is no update. The game downloads and then installs around 4gb. Once it's installed If you then press options while on the game icon and select information you'll see that it's still downloading a shit load of data. Yes you can launch it but it will then install as it's downloading which is probably causing all the slow installs. Let it fully download before launching guys.

Haven't received any payment info from Project D yet. Anyone else in the same boat?
Same boat, yes.
Project D isn't technically done yet. When all the testing sessions are finished and the project is basically 'finished' then we get paid within the next 40 days after it is officially over. I got the third-party contract thing I think last week or the week before and I guess most of us who were on the first Project D session got it as well? Basically all our contracts, the NDA and payment ones should be done by now.

The money earned from this will go towards more Gari-Gari-Kun ice pops and video games.
And no, I was part of D and still no email.

Am_I_Evil

i sent an email saying i could not participate this weekend...i still got the download info...just want to make sure as long as i sent the email i'm good....

VMC_GBTN

Neo Member
Downloading the PS4 one now, how is payment set-up? I saw that they send it through some service but didn't see anything about how exactly that happens.
Payment instructions are in your welcome aboard e-mail. =]

Is there a confirmation email to say they have received the survey I just filled in? Little talk about Xbox One games in the thread :(
No confirmation email for that.

i sent an email saying i could not participate this weekend...i still got the download info...just want to make sure as long as i sent the email i'm good....
As long as you sent it to the right e-mail address ( VMCMontrealCoordinators@vmc.com ) notifying us of your absence/possible late/early leave with your name, Tester ID and original e-mail you signed up with inside the body of the message, you're good to go. We ask that everyone include a Tester ID (if applicable), their name, and the original e-mail they signed up with when sending us e-mails so we can find your name in our DBs quicker. =]

D1AMONDDOGS

Neo Member
You and me both! :) Since people are already downloading the game I'm thinking that VMC has everyone they need for the test this weekend but maybe they do this part in waves? I'm keeping hopeful but just glad I even got the welcome aboard email

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Fingers crossed.

Also; My first GAF post! Hello, everyone.

ref

If someone were to ask me if how I was playing what I'm playing, would a response saying I can't talk about it be acceptable?

I just don't like ignoring people, obviously not going to say anything about the game, but just wondering if that sort of response would be alright.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If the NDA is such that no one can say anything, this thread adds no value to the site and we're not giving free marketing to VMC. Given some of the allegations raised in this thread as well, I'm really not comfortable with them interfacing with our community anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom