• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Kurod

Banned
So I was in a G3 farming group last night and we managed to get them twice. Not a single Brakk part drop but did get some nice mods: 2 split chambers, barrel diffusion, 2 Hell's chamber, and natural talent.

Oh well maybe next time :(

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Well guys, I have an announcement to make.

As you might have heard, there's a game called Destiny coming out soon. A select privileged few have been able to play it and it's shaping up to be quite the game (with a few caveats, but whatever).

Now, as for myself, even after Destiny's release I will keep playing Warframe and taking care of our Warframe clan. Due to the crossover between both games, I can see a lot of current and former GAF-Framers to play Destiny.

In order to keep our communnity tight, I have created a group in bungie.net for all current, former and future gaf-framers. The group is called DGAF Lost Tenno. You can log into bungie.net, search for it and apply.

I have also talked with the DestinyGAF admins and we've agreed to this:

a) DGAF Lost Tenno will be allied with DestinyGAF.
b) Lost Tenno will not become an in-game clan, but rather our members will join the regional DGAF clans.
c) Although we will be a subgroup under the main DestinyGAF umbrella, you still need to join the main DGAF group to interact with its members.
d) DGAF has a subgroup, GAF Bunnies, for family and special friends which means DGAF Lost Tenno is strictly a GAF only group.

We will however have our own forums, separate from the main DGAF forums, only available to members of the Lost Tenno.

I urge that you please spread the word amongst the GAFFERS who have been in our Warframe clan so that we reunite together under the banner of the Lost Tenno.

Thank you.

bLaiSe

So I was in a G3 farming group last night and we managed to get them twice. Not a single Brakk part drop but did get some nice mods: 2 split chambers, barrel diffusion, 2 Hell's chamber, and natural talent.

Oh well maybe next time :(
Sounds like G3 farming.

VariantX

Grimløck;122009410 said:
it's actually happened: the rainbow bridge.

Welp, then there's no need for me to migrate then, since it just overwrites the PS4 account's progress. I'd rather not go back to rank 1 again, considering it was kind of a grind trying to get enough materials here and there to build anything being as underpowered as you were then.

HORRORSHØW

the perils of trading:

BtGU76ECQAA9ok_.jpg:large

VariantX

Grimløck;122044105 said:
the perils of trading:

BtGU76ECQAA9ok_.jpg:large

What an entirely reasonable proposal on his part. Just give him the parts, and he'll get back to you later with his end of the transaction. What could possibly go wrong??

I wish I had a dread. :(

Anyways, as a heads-up, I will likely be offline for a week or two (KneelBeforeSaad). Keeping myself busy with the PC version in the meantime. I'll post Mirage impressions when I get her.

Bitmap, I'm in the destinygaf clan if you want to add me to the subgroup.

HORRORSHØW

16 dread bp's lol

To re-ask my question from earlier.

Is penta still the go to for infested defense missions?

the penta is generally really good in ODD, more so if you're soloing it. when i ODD it's to level up weapons/frames, so i'll bring all my crap gear and let others kill do all the killing.

I actually lost an arcane phoenix helmet for a dual dagger stance that wasnt a dual dagger mod today, dude ran away and log out.

that sucks, man. i know i don't have another gnashing payara, but if i have an extra sinking talon, it's yours.

edit: just checked, and i don't have an extra sinking talon. even tried transmuting a few times to no avail.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I wish I had a dread. :(

Anyways, as a heads-up, I will likely be offline for a week or two (KneelBeforeSaad). Keeping myself busy with the PC version in the meantime. I'll post Mirage impressions when I get her.

Bitmap, I'm in the destinygaf clan if you want to add me to the subgroup.

As far as I know you have to apply yourself, I cannot directly add you.

Search bungie.net groups for lost tenno and you will find it.

Leveling Nekros after perfecting my Rhino Prime, feels weak.

I can see how easily it is to get more loot, but I'd really need a good team to run with or I won't be able to beat missions.

Amon37

Leveling Nekros after perfecting my Rhino Prime, feels weak.

I can see how easily it is to get more loot, but I'd really need a good team to run with or I won't be able to beat missions.

I really only use him in infested defense missions to farm cores and void survival to farm extra life support modules.

Or specific roles such as G3/zanuka farming.

Ferr986

Wonder if someone can guide me here, Im trying to build the best mod set I can for the Orthos Prime.

Right now I have Pressure point, Fury, Molten Impact, North Wind, Reach, Focus Energy and Rending Strike. As you see I can still put on 1 more mod.
My question is, what should I do. is it worh to (still) hunt for Jagged Edge, should I level up more the elemental mods (they're all at 45-50% now), or maybe add another one (toxin)?

I ask this because I keep hearing conflicting reports, some people says slash damage is a must for a weapon like the Orthos Prime, others says that slash doesnt scale very much and you can get better performance with elementals.

Wonder if someone can guide me here, Im trying to build the best mod set I can for the Orthos Prime.

Right now I have Pressure point, Fury, Molten Impact, North Wind, Reach, Focus Energy and Rending Strike. As you see I can still put on 1 more mod.
My question is, what should I do. is it worh to (still) hunt for Jagged Edge, should I level up more the elemental mods (they're all at 45-50% now), or maybe add another one (toxin)?

I ask this because I keep hearing conflicting reports, some people says slash damage is a must for a weapon like the Orthos Prime, others says that slash doesnt scale very much and you can get better performance with elementals.

I think the slash mods definitely make it better.

This is my plan for my Orthos Prime using only 1 forma for the stance: http://goo.gl/ZEwbOs

I only have gas damage, which might be bad for Corpus, but the overall damage is a lot greater than putting in another elemental. North Wind and Shocking touch aren't 90% mods, so I rather take a 60% more with an added stat like Virulent Scourge and Rending Strike.

Of course, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right either, but the numbers do say it does more damage than sticking with elementals.

Ferr986

I think the slash mods definitely make it better.

This is my plan for my Orthos Prime using only 1 forma for the stance: http://goo.gl/ZEwbOs

I only have gas damage, which might be bad for Corpus, but the overall damage is a lot greater than putting in another elemental. North Wind and Shocking touch aren't 90% mods, so I rather take a 60% more with an added stat like Virulent Scourge and Rending Strike.

Of course, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right either, but the numbers do say it does more damage than sticking with elementals.

Thanks. Back to farming, I guess

manfestival

I just want to say that update 14 has a very mass effect/dead space feel to it. I skipped the prologue but I am gonna do that on ps4 when the update lands. Otherwise the UI is way cooler

Surge

So I used to be in the clan, had to leave due to some personal things going on which prevented me from playing.

Was wondering if I could get an invite back into the clan if there's room?

Name is HTE-Buckeyes

PTG

This game is so fun! I've had it downloaded since the PS4's NA launch. Until 3 weeks ago all I was doing was trying to beat every mission on each planet. But, a few weeks back I discovered the foundry and started to build better gear. That's when it clicked. Now I'm leveling up different weapons and warframes trying to get better so I can farm prime gear on the t3 and t4 void missions.

It's crazy cause before the last PS4 update I played the game once evey few weeks and didn't reach level 30 on anything. But, In the past 3 or 4 weeks I've played every day and I've reached level 30 on 4 warframes and at least 10 weapons.

This game is so good. I wish I played it more when it first came out.

manfestival

not gonna lie, TI4 has been keeping me super busy. I dont want to waste the last few days of my battle point booster. once that ends, I will be back to business in warframe. Especially with all the excitement around update 14

Amon37

This Jagged Edge farming... it ain't dropping even after I souped up my Nekros.

I traded for it.

Also, I love how there is a stance for dual daggers and the only one that has a polarity match is a weapon I can't get anymore requiring me to forma if I really want to use it, nice. And there are only 2 sets of dual daggers.

Ferr986

You in the GAF clan?

Nope. I think I already talked about it here, I made a small clan with a couple of friends, just for fun. Reason I didny join GAF clan is because they dont understand english, so I though it wouldnt be good.

No worries, I'm after jagged strike too.

50 runs in puck with no luck.

Been farming it all of this week. Beetwen Puck, the survival mision in the same planet (lots of elite crewmans) and invasions, I have lots and lots of Riplines....

ZangBa

Man, I love the Synapse. Got it to rank 30 and now I'm leveling something that feels so inferior :<. I had my first run in with the Gustrag 3, they were already spawning as I joined a mission. I ended up running in circles because I couldn't do any damage with the gear I was leveling.

I've been trying to get Tranquil Cleave off the butchers in survival missions on Earth but it's so damn rare.

Amon37

Bit the bullet last night and potato'd my carrier.
It's been dying a bit too quickly and I didn't have a wiggle room for more mods.

Top Bottom