• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2, Ghost Recon, South Park, For Honor, & new IP service game by March 2017

ironcreed

Banned
Ubi has a hell of a lineup coming down the pipe, plus Primal and The Division are about to release. Not to mention they are even taking time to improve Assassin's Creed this year. Hard to complain.

LuuKyK

I believe it's rumored to take place in San Fransico, which should be fairly different than Chicago in the first game.

Hmmm. I see. What I find interesting about AC and what I think makes it work as a yearly franchise is that every new entry takes place in totally different location, so that you get very interesting insights about stuff that happens (or happened considering the time leaps in these games) in said culture. Hopefully the devs find a way to replicate that with a more grounded game like WDs.

A bit off topic, but this always came to mind when seeing For Honor:

What the hell is the studio that made Chivalry doing, as far as I remember the game was a huge success and they haven't really made anything after it (apart from that deadly warriors spin off)?

When I first saw For Honor I thought it might be them, but it turned out to be the Red Steel guys.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Watch Dogs 2 later this year and Wildlands early-mid next year. I don't think they'd release Wildlands within a year of The Division.

KodaRuss

I love the Tom Clancey games and Wildlands looks awesome. Hopefully the division turns out well. Rainbow Six is a great game with bugs right now but I am loving it.

Watch_Dogs sequel confirmed in their financials press release
RyS5H14.gif

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is this "high-potential AAA brand with strong digital live services" the first time we have an upcoming Ubisoft reveal without a leak since Watch Dogs?

Rainbow Six, For Honor, and The Division all had a fair amount of spilling prior.

I guess Ghost Recon didn't leak, though it's a continuation of an existing IP.

Chambers35

Neo Member
Really looking forward to the new South Park and For Honor, never actually got round to playing Watch Dogs so I'm not sure about the sequel.

I've been on the hype train for a new Ghost Recon since Future Soldier, the co-op on that game was some of the best I've ever experienced :) Can't wait!!

Some Nobody

Bruh the first Watch_Dogs was so much fun. I'd never put gameplay before story before but sneaking around, finding innovative ways through hacking to kill people but still having the option to go in guns blazing and murder everyone was downright addicting once I got into it. And the city was filled with all these cute little things to make it feel more realistic.

All I need is a diff. Protagonist like a woman along the lines of Claire or a dude like Geordi, the two most interesting people in that game. That plus better driving and a radio that doesn't make me immediately cut on my personal music lol. You could even push the cyberpunk angle they so clearly wanted the first time around.

Akai__

It's more that they announced it at E3 and haven't said or shown anything about it since then. Unless I missed something of course.

Wasn't the 1st one like this, too? Even counting the closing of THQ and the change to Ubisoft?

I vaguely remeber that people didn't even know that it was a turn based games, until they had it in their hands.

Ubi has a hell of a lineup coming down the pipe, plus Primal and The Division are about to release. Not to mention they are even taking time to improve Assassin's Creed this year. Hard to complain.

I have to agree. It appears at least that Ubi has a pretty fantastic run coming up. Also Siege is brilliant and I enjoyed Syndicate a lot personally. I think they learned a lot after the Watch Dogs / Unity fiasco

IvanJ

Banned
Great lineup for the next year. I'll be getting Ghost Recon, South Park and Watch Dogs for sure.
And the Assassin's Creed reboot might make me reconsider my boycott going on since the horrible AC3

Floody

Hopefully WD2 will be to WD1 what AC2 was to AC1.

This is pretty much the only reason I haven't completely written it off yet. Deep down there's a good game in Watch_Dogs, they just need to find it. I'm kinda hoping they go all out on the city hacking, it being so limited in the 1st really disappointed me, and a kicking Aiden Pearce in the balls mini-game would be great too.

jbug617

Banned
Is this "high-potential AAA brand with strong digital live services" the first time we have an upcoming Ubisoft reveal without a leak since Watch Dogs?

Rainbow Six, For Honor, and The Division all had a fair amount of spilling prior.

Give Jason some time. They will probably have the news around May.

Loxley

Man I can't wait for For Honor. Excited about Watch Dogs 2 as well, I'm keeping fingers crossed for an AC1 --> AC2 level of improvement (though I won't get my hopes up).

Keep W_D2 to yourself, I'll keep an eye on For Honor to see how the single player fairs if there is one in the first place, that would be the decisive factor if I'd buy it or not, as for Ghost Recon I am still not sold.

So this is confirmed as a New IP ?, cause the wording is a bit confusing to me.

Tbh if Watch Dogs 2 is only PC/PS4/XB1 they could probably match that old E3 demo.

I doubt it. The real issue is the current gen consoles are quite a bit underpowered. If some of the rumors about Unity development are true, developers were expecting cpus that were quite a bit more powerful than what ended up shipping.

Top Bottom