• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2, Ghost Recon, South Park, For Honor, & new IP service game by March 2017

Acorn

Looking forward to pretty much their whole slate. They've been on fire recently, wasn't a gigantic hater of wd unlike most here - thought it was ok and could use some work fine for a first game. Hoping we see a AC-AC2 level of improvement.

kanuuna

Maybe we'll get a new Splinter Cell when that movie comes out.
Would be kind of neat to get Sam Fisher voiced by Tom Hardy for the game to be honest.

yurinka

is this what companies usually say or does this lend credence to that ac collection rumor
It is what companies usually say for sales of titles released during previous years (think Steam/PSN/etc sales, humble bundles, discounted retail copies, etc), instead of possible future remastered versions / HD collections / etc.

Some Nobody

My hype levels had gone up for a sec, lol. No WD2 info yet, just re-confirmation that it's dropping this year. Wonder if they'll go for a Far Cry-type reveal, or unveil at E3 and release in November?

Jito

Banned
I'm interested to see what Watch Dogs 2 can offer, hoping for an asshole protagonist, more towers and more collectibles than ever before. Don't disappoint me Ubisoft!

Orbis

Watch Dogs 2 has a lot of potential, the first one had some really good ideas but it suffered from a bad map, a terrible main character and wildly variable mission quality. But it was real fun trying to stealthily infiltrate buildings and pretty much left it up to you how to approach it.

What if Watch Dogs 2 has a Dark Zone?

The entire game was kinda a Dark Zone with the player invasion.

If they escalate that and don't notify you about random players entering your world, then any NPC could at a moments notice attack you. Then that could be a interesting new take on the concept.

Setsuna

If they change what I like about watch dogs just to appease the people who didn't like it i'm going to be PISSED

The entire game was kinda a Dark Zone with the player invasion.

If they escalate that and don't notify you about random players entering your world, then any NPC could at a moments notice attack you. Then that could be a interesting new take on the concept.

That would be the definition of annoying.

You are talking about giving players the ability to kill without being known. What you are suggesting is GTA:eek:nline, on crack

SJRB

Gold Member
Any indication if they'll introduce a female protagonist for WD2?

I'm watching for WD2 news like a hawk, there has been ZERO talk about the game.

Pretty sure the mention here is the first time a sequel is acknowledged.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I liked Watch Dogs. The sequel will be superb.

Very excited for the South Park sequel and the new Ghost Recon.

I liked Watch Dogs. The sequel will be superb.

Very excited for the South Park sequel and the new Ghost Recon.

Ubisoft is going to have a stunning 2016. For Honor is the big unknown for me, it could be a bomb depending on how they decide to market it, but the rest of their lineup seems incredibly solid.

Loxley

That whole slate has me pretty excited. I enjoyed Watch Dogs for what it was and keeping my fingers crossed that we get something similar to an AC1 --> AC2 level of improvement for the sequel. For Honor has looked freakin' awesome to me since day 1, and Wildlands looks like it could be a lot of fun as well.

Cday

Banned
That would be the definition of annoying.

You are talking about giving players the ability to kill without being known. What you are suggesting is GTA:eek:nline, on crack

Most players make it so obvious, I'm aware of them before the game even tells me I've been invaded. They shouldn't be able to attack you though. That's just dumb.

Zukkoyaki

I'm excited for every one of these games. I know it's an unpopular opinion but I like Ubisoft's games. They're fun and easy to jump in and out of, really I would describe them as "gamey games." Something you don't necessarily play for story or immersion, but to just mess around and have fun clearing icons on a map and such.

Watch Dogs 2 in particular has a lot of potential to be great.

akileese

Watch Dogs really wasn't all that bad. I enjoyed it. The problem was it had like three E3 cycles so by the time the big media blitz started for release everyone was totally burnt out on it. Ubisoft has a tendency to announce their games way too early. The only game they've put out that really disappointed me was The Crew (I didn't touch Unity until most of the bugs were fixed and found it fine).

Hopefully Ubisoft doesn't make the same mistake and hype up Watch Dogs only to have it come out post E3 2018 after a bunch of delays.

Staf

Can't wait for more iconic characters with iconic hats! Seriously though, i'd be down for a Watch dogs 2.

Jamesways

Can't wait to play For Honor. It was the surprise of E3 for me last year. It got pushed back, info has been silent from a few months ago. I was worried the canned it.

I for one am really looking forward to Watch Dogs 2 after being pleasantly surprised by how well the first one played. Still probably one of the best sandbox games out there purely from a gameplay perspective. Rock solid stealth and gunplay mechanics.

Now just make the Asian guy the protagonist this time.

I liked the overall vigilante feel of Watch Dogs. But the story execution and side missions were lacking in every way. I hope the sequel takes what the Witcher 3 did, and adds emotional heft w where it can.

In for Watch Dogs 2, For Honor, and Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Ubisoft's always had a pretty good stable of games that I'm interested in, so looking forward to seeing what they do.

Also, in for dat next Splinter Cell

I wouldn't mind it if they just took Watch Dogs 2 in a completely different direction setting and gameplay wise like Far Cry 1 -> Far Cry 2.

Fuck it, just make it a cyberpunk game so there would be more things to hack and more things you could do with hacking.

Red Hood

Banned
Didn't know Watch Dogs 2 was already confirmed. I hope it's the same jump in quality as AC1 to AC2, because Watch Dogs 1 was extremely forgettable. Like AC1.

Gaz_RB

In for Watch Dogs 2, For Honor, and Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Ubisoft's always had a pretty good stable of games that I'm interested in, so looking forward to seeing what they do.

Also, in for dat next Splinter Cell

I really hope we get a next gen Splinter Cell.

Logash

Can't wait to see what they've done with watch Dogs. If it's like the difference between AC 1 and 2 then it'll be awesome.

I wouldn't mind it if they just took Watch Dogs 2 in a completely different direction setting and gameplay wise like Far Cry 1 -> Far Cry 2.

Fuck it, just make it a cyberpunk game so there would be more things to hack and more things you could do with hacking.

That would be cool but if we believe in the rumors, it will be in present San Francisco.

I really enjoyed Watch Dogs, as someone that was (and is) sick of AC by the time it came out. Sure it wasn't as fully fleshed out as everyone was hoping for, but the online invasions were absolutely incredible fun. I'd welcome a sequel as someone said earlier, in the same vein that AC2 was to the first.

Top Bottom