• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Hype Check! Who's picking this up next week?

Catdaddy

Preordered - looking forward to this. I really enjoyed the first one so as long as its more of the same..I'm good....

Vinc

I'll pick it up depending on reviews. Didn't like 1 much at all (though I liked the infiltration via cameras stuff). This one looks great from previews though. Pretty optimistic.

Haroon

Definitely getting it this week. Did not play the first one, but I want to support games that break away from the norm.

B00TE

I'm gonna preorder it this week, if nothing else I'll get my money's worth out of co-op with a friend or two. It does look stupid fun.

I liked the first one and I'm expecting big things from this one. It's flying under the radar at the moment, but it looks great.

cancelled my pre order, BF1/Titanfall2/Infinite Warfare are gonna keep me busy until Nov 30th when FF15 hits.

I'll pick up WD2, Dishonored 2, and something else when Best Buy runs their B2G1F sale in early december. No reason to buy it now and just have it sit there. Thats assuming the reviews are good, I sorta expect a lot of technical issues with a game that is trying to be big and semi multiplayer at the same time. Not AC Unity type problems, but stuff that may take a few weeks to get some patches in.

eXistor

Nope, hated the first and I have zero faith in Ubisoft. Also I hate the style the game is going for, so forced.

B4D1E

Preordered on Saturday. I can't wait for next week.

My only concern is, due to the marketing deal w/ Sony, we didn't see Xbox footage. Fingers crossed that it will run well.

If I could swing it financially right now, I'd be in. Unfortunately I'll be waiting for a bit though.

Watch_Dogs and I have one of the weirdest love/hate relationships but WD2 looks to be bringing out the big guns and improving just about everything across the board. I can't wait to pick it up.
Preordered on Saturday. I can't wait for next week.

My only concern is, due to the marketing deal w/ Sony, we didn't see Xbox footage. Fingers crossed that it will run well.
WD1 ran fine albeit at a lower resolution, I imagine this will perform just as well if not even better.

Lego Boss

I definitely will at some point this year. First game way exceeded my expectations after the amount of shit that was slung at it.

Yep, best open world l have ever played. It might be because the bar was set so low by GAF, that even if it was ET l would have enjoyed it, but l really loved this game.

Too many other games to play before this, so might pick up in the New Year.

Looks hype though.

Nah, I'm not trusting Ubisoft anytime soon. So many empty promises. I still remember what a mess the original Watch_Dogs was.

ryseing

Cancelled my Gold Edition because I don't think the Season Pass is worth it. Super hyped for my regular copy though.

I'll play it, but I don't know if I'll buy it. The game's hipster vibe threw me off.

The library is getting it, so I may just wait for that.

Day 1 baby. I'm in for the co-op.
100%. Maybe I'm a sucker for marketing but I'm really excited for it despite actively hating its predecessor. Seems like they've changed every issue I had with the original. I could go for a bright and sunny location during the winter too so the timing is great.

Formosa

Nope not me. First one was absolutely boring, the gameplay of the second one looks pretty much the same to me.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Very hyped, but I may not be day 1. Steins Gate 0 comes out this month and I'll definitely be getting that. Plus I kinda have a feeling WD2 is gonna be a Switch launch title so I want to attempt to hold off until then so I can have it portable. But I doubt I'll have the will to avoid buying for that long.

Nevyr

Banned
Nah, I'm not trusting Ubisoft anytime soon. So many empty promises. I still remember what a mess the original Watch_Dogs was.

Im with you, holding off until I can see what it will be like.

Watch Dog 1 left a bitter taste in my mouth, not to mention Ubisoft been on a good steady decline for last few years.

Getting PC version, so its a delay sadly - game world looks amazing even though I dont care for the characters and story elements of this one

Nyx

I'm in, going to trade in Mafia 3 which I finished and enjoyed and Watch Dogs 2 will be it's open world replacement.

KraytarJ

It's sandwiched between Pokemon and Dishonored, so unfortunately no. It looks cool so maybe somewhere down the line when it's cheaper and there's not games I'm really excited to play.

Top Bottom