• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Hype Check! Who's picking this up next week?

Maddanth

I had to choose bt this and dishonored 2. Since this doesn't have a pro patch I'm going with dh2. Gonna rent this
Oh really? No pro patch on Watch dogs 2? That's kind of a bummer. Now I need to decide Dishonoured 2 on Pro or PC? And my PC is really beefy but allot of times these PC ports r shit. Especially lately .

Edit: so it seems we've confirmed a pro patch just so u know. Didn't make allot of sense that there wasn't but anyways, all good. Lol

MaxiLive

I'm in. I enjoyed Watch Dogs 1 to some degree and looking forward to this as it has been a while since I've played an open world game.

Gotta to wait for the PC release though, damn that delay :(

If it reviews well I'll definitely check out the PC version when it drops...I'm itching for an open world action game and everything I've seen of this apart from the AI and some of the dialogue has me cautiously optimistic.

I got to spend many hours with it awhile back and i have to say in some ways I was really pleasantly surprised.
You were pleasantly surprised by Far Cry Primal too, you're too soft imo on some Ubi games :p Only Grow Home and R6 Siege deserve unconditional praise.

Lucifon

Oh really? No pro patch on Watch dogs 2? That's kind of a bummer. Now I need to decide Dishonoured 2 on Pro or PC? And my PC is really beefy but allot of times these PC ports r shit. Especially lately .
Wait what?? This was the game they marketed the Pro with and you're saying it doesn't have a Pro patch on release?

Struggling to find info on this. It's the reason I'm buying it on ps4 alongside the Pro.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I know it got some harsh feedback, but is it that bad?
It's not bad at all. It's actually a very good game. Gameplay mechanics themselves are fantastic, it's fun and there's lots of little distractions in the world with fun things to do. Really good atmosphere. The online invasion stuff is ridiculously fun. The main story missions aren't great but that hardly kills the game.

Im with you, holding off until I can see what it will be like.

Watch Dog 1 left a bitter taste in my mouth, not to mention Ubisoft been on a good steady decline for last few years.

Yeah have you played Rainbox Six Siege and For Honor? Dat "decline" 😂

Akai__

Gonna wait for this one. The 1st one was okay for a new IP, but it still was appareant that many things were missing or just not polished enough.

Hopefully it turns out better than I currently think it will.

sjay1994

No its not. Mechanically it is sound. Chicago is a bit bland, and Aiden is an irredeemable piece of shit, but its not this horrible game a lot of GAF likes to try to make it sound like.

Milijango

Wait what?? This was the game they marketed the Pro with and you're saying it doesn't have a Pro patch on release?

Struggling to find info on this. It's the reason I'm buying it on ps4 alongside the Pro.

This is wrong. It releases after the PS4 Pro, therefore it must be have Pro support.

I was excited at first but not anymore, I'm not exactly sure why though. It may have something to do with the way deadsec characters beside Marcus are portrayed.

Gator86

I generally really enjoy Ubisoft the Game, so I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of this, but there's too much great stuff out to spend time with this checklist simulator now. It'll be a good drought game later.

platocplx

no it wasnt that bad. Some people are kinda hyperbolic about it. But i had some very enjoyable experiences with the game.

This clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgoabiz97KA was on of my most fun moments lol.

The game had a lot of potential I think apart of the hype overload then was it was one of the first next gen games at the time. Some parts definitely felt like they needed more time to develop like for example you could get away from police by just going into the lake area lol.

But stuff like gang hideouts some of the manipulation of the environment was pretty awesome. Story left something to be desired but overall it was pretty good imo despite its flaws and really there isnt anything like it right now. I like the whole concept they brought forth and def worth using lessons learned for them to make an even better game this go around. I think people are gonna really like this iteration and it makes that AC like jump in quality.

Person who said it wasnt getting a pro patch is incorrect as hell. lmao it will have one. I believe its day one.

sertopico

Waiting for christmas sales and of course reviews/impressions (mostly). First WD was quite a mess on the release date, at least on PC.

I'm not because the PC version was pushed back to the end of the month and then unless I get a copy at a steep discount or a freebie I'll be waiting for the reception.

jrcbandit

Well with the PC version being delayed I can rely on GAF impressions before buying it. I want to play it since I lived in San Francisco for a few months during an internship but I got bored of the first game and never finished it.

antitrop

It's not that it's bad, it's that it's thoroughly mediocre in an overcrowded genre. It was just in the right place at the right time to get all the hype. W_D1 isn't worth the time, especially with a sequel coming out.

The harshest criticism will be for the story and Aiden, which are bad, but the rest of the game is just plain jane vanilla boring. 2 looks better in every way.

Maddanth

Someone else stated there was no pro patch which is why I was inquiring. I thought for sure it would have a pro patch as well. Another member said no, not sure where he got his info from or if he's correct about it. Can't seem to find solid info as well about pro patch

FLAguy954

I'll buy it in a few weeks for sure, definitely hyped about this one. Will wait for benchmarks to see how my 1070 handles it.

Maddanth

It's not that it's bad, it's that it's thoroughly mediocre in an overcrowded genre. It was just in the right place at the right time to get all the hype. W_D1 just isn't worth the time, especially with a sequel coming out.
The way Ubisoft hyped and marketed WD1 could never live up to the expectations. I'm not saying it's the consumers fault, but Ubisoft just cranked the hype. I think If expectations weren't as high as Ubisoft hyped it people would of to an extent had better reception to the game. I was in the minority and enjoyed it, but open world , action games are my favourite genre. I love pretty much anything open world. I also think it could be one of those assassin creed scenarios where the difference from 1&2 was huge. Guess will c. People are hating on the game without even playing it due to being burned by the first one tho.

I'll definitely check it out after I get my fill of Dishonored 2, I'm trying to finish up some games I've been meaning to beat (Quantum Break and Stick of Truth). I enjoyed Watch Dogs 1!

Where is this non-Pro stuff coming from? The game is literally on the back of the Pro's box. It doesn't need a patch because it is already shipping with support.

Muffdraul

I really don't get some people. After what happened with the first Watch Dogs, are people really pre-ordering this and buying Day 1?!? I guess people can spend their money however they like, but it's madness imo. After Battlefield 4 I will personally never pre-order or buy a game before reviews.

What I remember happening was that WD1's graphics were unfortunately downgraded from the early footage, but the game play itself more or less delivered on what was promised. Open world/sandbox densely packed with fun activities and the hacking gimmick was a great added layer. Ubisoft committed various PR boners in the year or so leading up its release, gamers were pissed at them, and they harshly and unfairly judged Watch Dogs (and AC Unity.)

I loved Watch Dogs, and all signs are pointing to WD2 being on par with AC2's level of improvement over the original. So yeah, I pre-ordered with confidence. Sorry.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Have they said what the co-op is? side missions and fucking around? Or co-op for the entire campaign?

From WD2 webvsite:

If you're open to online play, you might randomly bump into another player while wandering through the Bay Area, at which point you can choose to explore together and pursue side activities (or just mess around with the world) as a team. You'll also have the option to partner up and invite them to help you conquer one of Watch Dogs 2's co-op missions. Separate from the single-player storyline, these offer multiple paths to a shared goal, enabling you to use any combination of gunfire, drones, and hacking for endless replayability.

Top Bottom