• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Hype Check! Who's picking this up next week?

Holdfing

The first one was kinda meh and the videos didn't convince me, so no hype at all. No hype + full price = no buy.

3Dprinted

Neo Member
I'm in day one. I hope they improved and expanded the multiplayer portion, maybe with ranks (?) perks and unlocks. The invasion mode from the first chapter was ok, but could have been better.

EDIT: they actually expanded it quite the way i hoped for!
https://youtu.be/Mlva1OkLvRc
Happy to have it preordered now ;)

Certinty

Day 1.

The first game is one of my favourite games of this gen. I honestly have no idea why it was hated so much. Playing it through on hard and having to actually use logic with the hacking was great fun. Made it feel so different than other similar open world games.

Ashtar

Day 1.

The first game is one of my favourite games of this gen. I honestly have no idea why it was hated so much. Playing it through on hard and having to actually use logic with the hacking was great fun. Made it feel so different than other similar open world games.
There was a difficulty option?
Please god just let there be multiple save files I want to play non lethal alone but be wild and crazy in coop

I'll get it at some point when it's cheap but it doesn't look any better than the first game in my opinion. If anything all the drone stuff makes it look less exciting.

swarley64

Not right away, but I will want to pick it up later down the line... The multiplayer invasions were SO GOOD in the first game.

rrrnzr

Neo Member
totally in for it, loved the first one a lot. especially the hide'n'hack-multiplayer part. does anyone know if this mode is still in the sequel?

Lren

Got my preorder in at BestBuy, really looking forward to the co-op stuff. Also really enjoyed the first game despite some of it's issues. The bounty stuff in particular looks incredibly silly and wonderful.

AdanVC

Totally forgot this game is coming out next week! It clearly shows that the hype for this game is not as high as with the first one. I will gladly buy it if a Nintendo Switch version shows up. I'm craving an open world game!

renzolama

I abhor the "hip hax0r" aesthetic, but if the gameplay is slick and enjoyable then I could overlook it. I'm still ashamed of my Mafia 3 purchase though, so I'll wait more time on this one regardless to see how the open world stuff plays out long term.

Zurick

Banned
How much of the game can be played co-op? Are there specific missions or can it all be done co-op? My hype is directly tied to this.

Gradly

I'm downloading the game right now, it's around 11 giga first batch and ~ 22GB total. When it's finished, I'll backup and sell my PS4 in anticipating to the PS4 Pro to arrive :)

Edit: The menu and UI in the first game were really great visually, not sure why it feels cluttered in this one, even the text is hardly readable :(

Watches the lengthy seven-ish hour stream of Angry Joe's. I loved the first one, and look forward to WD2. I can't help but maybe hold off though, Ubi games always drop so fast

Iceternal

I could (barely) tolerate the tone of the game if the story was good and the antagonist interesting.... but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Seriously, that Douchan guy is the main villain ?!

Aters

Such a hipster game, honestly that ad blew up in my face so many times and it's cringe

I feel like the game tries too hard to be "cool". I'd think it's cool if I were in highschool. Now I think it's stupid. Plus it's a Ubisoft openworld game, hype level 0.

Lucifon

Waiting for reviews, but I'm fairly confident they will be very positive and surprise a lot of people.

I'd be shocked if they weren't, game is awesome imo. And I really wasn't a fan of the first, thought it was fine but dull and uninspired. This is a lot of fun. The slightly cringey tone from the trailers actually allows the game to have alot more personality and leads to some amusing missions. It's got far more personality than the first and definitely tries to emulate GTA5's black humour style. I can't wait to play more of the online, hoping they get seamless online enabled by launch though.

Boy, I dunno about this. I never finished the first one, but I did enjoy it. Mostly because of its surprisingly somber tone. The commercials I've seen for Watch Dogs 2 lead me to believe that's all out the window now. The main character's design is a major turnoff for me, too. I might give it a chance somewhere down the road, but I'm definitely in no rush.

smudge

I'll wait for reviews and performance feedback of the PC version before I dive in. Also curious about how good the driving is as it was terrible in the first one. It isn't like I don't have an abundance of games right now to play so I can wait.

Top Bottom