• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 Hype Check! Who's picking this up next week?

Maddanth

Where is this non-Pro stuff coming from? The game is literally on the back of the Pro's box. It doesn't need a patch because it is already shipping with support.
Awesome. A couple of members said there wasn't , then I asked him about it , and then it spiralled from there lol. But that's awesome to know.

hao chi

I didn't know it was releasing this week. I'll get it down the line when if impressions are good when there a complete version released.

Maddanth

Wait what?? This was the game they marketed the Pro with and you're saying it doesn't have a Pro patch on release?

Struggling to find info on this. It's the reason I'm buying it on ps4 alongside the Pro.
Seems the guy I replied to that first said there was no pro patch was incorrect. It seems as there is one and it will be day 1.

Fliesen

my "chill and fill some checkboxes" Ubisoft open world game for the christmas holidays.

Please don't let it have Multiplayer trophies!
Ubisoft have been on point with platinumable games recently...

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
5685oBN.gif
Yep

grimmiq

This coming out so soon completely slipped my mind. 1st game was very disappointing, I'll likely pick this up on sale eventually.

jobrro

Yep digitally preordered and probably one of the main reasons I wanted a PS4 Pro at launch and kept my preorder.

Had a lot of fun on the first game and the colour scheme of San Francisco seems to look great compared to the first game's Chicago. Sort of like GTA5 after GTA4.

Hoping there is no drinking minigame this time though.

Been pretty excited since the E3 footage. I didn't really like the first game, and it felt immediately apparent to me that, at the very least, the atmosphere of the next game was a direct attempt to right the wrong. Subsequent footage, such as Giant Bomb's Unfinished, got me pretty excited that the gameplay is a decent step up, but maybe not the best possible open world game that could be made under the hacker premise. Still, there's enough for me to be excited about, and I'm in day 1 next week!

Namikaze

I have no idea why I thought this was coming out next year. I'm definitely interested in checking it out but probably not until after I finish FFXV and a few other PS4 games at this point.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh it's next week?

I might get it on release. If it reviews super well I won't be able to control myself. If it comes in with like an 80 I'll grab it at half price in a few months time.

e: also wondering when the embargo is up

I would but I still haven't finished Mafia III, and trying to play two big open world games at the same time is too hard for me.

JBwB

I wanted to get this on PC however that version was delayed to the 29th (XV's release date).

Won't be getting this game until next year sadly.

Karu

Maybe. With Pokemon and Final Fantasy coming soon after, will be guts decision.

Really like the original, so thats cool. A bit bummed they ditched the super serious non n9nsense revenge act with Pierce though. I am the only fan of that, yeah :D

Mik2121

I'm there on release day. It looks like a ton of fun and I like the city too. Can't wait to fool around the city with friends :)

Daingurse

I'm probably gonna pick it up on PC. I enjoyed the original game. The game controlled very well on foot, had great gunplay, and I just had fun creating lots of chaos. This new one is adding even more options for emergent gameplay, and maybe the story will actually be somewhat engaging? Who knows? Hopefully it can at least hold my attention. I didn't give a fuck about the story in Watch Dogs 1, at all.

But what benefits are we even getting (1080p TV owners)? I hate all of the unknowns with so many of the games. That info should be out by now for every game.

4k and hdr is supported which means 1080p owners will get better image quality thanks to super sampling i have a gut feeling ubisoft is gonna do the minimum work required to meet pro standards.

Lucifon

Has there been any word on if you can customise your online character? Seems weird having all this marcus customisation only to hop into coop and your friend see a randomly generated character.

Has there been any word on if you can customise your online character? Seems weird having all this marcus customisation only to hop into coop and your friend see a randomly generated character.

Don't have a link but Ubi has said on twitter that at the start of the game, you erase and rebuild your profile, picking a face and general look for multiplayer.

The clothes you wear carry over into multiplayer.

Lucifon

Don't have a link but Ubi has said on twitter that at the start of the game, you erase and rebuild your profile, picking a face and general look for multiplayer.

The clothes you wear carry over into multiplayer.

Cool, better than nothing! Would be good to preview them on the multiplayer character though, if I pick a female I don't want male Marcus clothes on them...assuming you can pick females?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I'm beating Watch_Dogs right now, only got the last mission left, and I gotta admit that I really like the graphics and the gameplay. I think the game is a solid 7 due to really poor story, characters and some really annoying design decisions.

I see great potential for this sequel, so I'm definitely hyped.

eizarus

Banned
I will most likely preorder it as soon as reviews hit. It just has to be a good open world game and I'm in. However, I'm really hoping we get an AC2 situation here.

Top Bottom