• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs - Aisha Tyler Trailer (director promises the graphics aren't this bad)

If they just added Work In Progress, there would be nothing to see here.

Its not next gen, its not current gen. Enough with the backtracking. Just own it, and move on with development.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
These few seconds are probably from the next gen version, the rest of the trailer is from another not-next-gen-not-current-gen version of the game. It's a badly cut trailer.

Could be. They run at a pretty much perfect 29.97 fps at least.

Where does it confirm that?

jGsfsFMlWjnun.png

teiresias

Wait a minute. "Someone who doesn't know the tech" was in charge of rendering out a trailer from the engine? Seems ridiculous to me.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm guessing the trailer was rendered on a development version, which usually has checkboxes for different rendering settings, very much like a graphics settings screen for a PC game except much more in-depth, and they just ticked the wrong boxes. That's probably what he meant to say.

Still, silly mistake.

i-Lo

Yup, definitely not the next gen version. Looks like a different version was uploaded by mistake. I'm betting they're keep some kind of mobile version under wraps probably. Maybe a mini game thing.

Here I thought the final version of the game would look like that and I was fine with it. Just makes realize just how low my expectations are.

Here is our HQ version of the trailer, so you guys can wonder what's going on with this game even better :)
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_watch_dogs_aisha_tyler_trailer-14367_en.html

Ah, the purveyor of great quality video. Thank you kind sir for this will allow me to make some great GIFs.

Enco

Why the hell doesn't the dev on twitter just come clean? Jesus.

Just be straight up. 'It was a dev version released by mistake' or 'It's an old build that was released by accident'. Anything. None of this 'someone who didn't know the tech' crap.

Here I thought the final version of the game would look like that and I was fine with it. Just makes realize just how low my expectations are.

You're a good guy i-Lo, but raise your standards a little, goddamn lol.

I'm fine with mediocre graphics, but to anybody this looks absolutely horrendous compared to what we've been seeing.

Zeth

Judging from that Twitter back-and-forth, it seems possible that it was rendered out from a PC-based build - which likely has all kinds of options for effects, texture quality, geometry, etc. Could be the equivalent of "Very Low" preset if it was done my some marketing guys on a laptop or something... who knows. Twitter guy doesn't seem like he's interested in clarifying for understandable reasons. With everyone declaring it shit, it wouldn't be very nice to come out and say "Yep, that's WiiU/PS3 etc" - Preorder now!

Scoot2005

Banned
Praise Jeebus that the director took the time to clarify that this wasn't what the Wii U version looked like! My heart rate is slowly going back to normal.

I really can't see the point of that trailer at all. Even with awesome graphics, it still wouldn't have made any sense. What on Earth made them think it was a good idea to release it?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
As always with bad pr, someone got paid to do this.

Well the sad part is normally you get someone to do something, and then you have people to validate it before sending it out. People make mistakes, but either they released it without any approval, or the approval people have no idea what they are doing. Or maybe they are all on vacations right now...
I've seen badly reencoded trailers from various publishers all the time, usually someone at the local office who has no idea what he's doing gets a prores video or something and reencode it with the wrong settings. But it's the first time that I can remember that the actual content of the video was wrong. That's just crazy.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Bahaha I see this kind of exploded overnight. What a freaking bonehead move if that really is the case. Something like this affects momentum for not just Ubi but Sony and MS as well. I'd be pissed lol.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
First of all, let's say for a moment that a lot of this footage does indeed originate from the PS360U version. Would that really be considered such a disappointment? Surely nobody is expecting that version of the game to match what is being developed for PC/PS4/XB1. There will be sacrifices.

If that's what it ends up looking like I'd actually be impressed, to be honest.

The situation around this trailer is certainly interesting, though. I certainly hope whoever was responsible for this isn't terminated or something. That would be too harsh a punishment.

It's not the last gen versions, looks too good for last gen (DOF and stuff).
What, the bokeh effect? That has absolutely been achieved on current generation machines. All console version of Crysis feature this effect as do some Unreal Engine 3 titles (such as Batman Arkham City). It has been achieved on the current generation of hardware for sure.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I really can't see the point of that trailer at all. Even with awesome graphics, it still wouldn't have made any sense. What on Earth made them think it was a good idea to release it?

It was a silly clip for the SDCC Watch Dog presentation.

IcyEyes

I'm worried about nothing ... I'm sure the visual will be stunning on PS4/X1/PC and the game awesome.

Funny vid anyway (... and to be honest, even for a PS3 this quality is too low!)

Top Bottom