• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Gaz_RB

The PC performance thread just got very interesting.

Can you turn off that blue line that appears on the road when you set a waypoint?

Just checked. Not on PS4 that I can see, but maybe on PC through some files? I hardly use waypoints though, for what it is worth.

lol the bans are going to be crazy in that other thread, ouch.

I'm debating whether I should buy digital or just pick up on my way home from work on Tuesday...if it's 12PM EST I might go digital...

Sorry for not digging through the topic, but can anyone give me a heads up on relative performance/shenanigans of the various versions? PS4 version seems to have turned out fine?

The PC performance thread just got very interesting.
ibkwqW6VAjht3A.gif

ttech10

There doesn't appear to be a way to add a silencer to the gold pistol, nope, or any of the others for that matter. I may be missing an option somewhere but I certainly can't spot one. You can however carry several different pistols at once though rather than being limited to carrying just one of each weapon type. That way you can easily switch between them depending on the situation and approach.
Also once you've purchased a vehicle you can continue to call it for delivery whenever you want without having to pay for it again. It's just a one time fee.

(And no problem dude, glad to help!)

That's disappointing. I was hoping I could customize the PX4 Storm (even though I'm likely to play with as little shooting as possible). Ubisoft has the gun in multiple other games with the silencer.

There doesn't appear to be a way to add a silencer to the gold pistol, nope, or any of the others for that matter. I may be missing an option somewhere but I certainly can't spot one. You can however carry several different pistols at once though rather than being limited to carrying just one of each weapon type. That way you can easily switch between them depending on the situation and approach.
Also once you've purchased a vehicle you can continue to call it for delivery whenever you want without having to pay for it again. It's just a one time fee.

(And no problem dude, glad to help!)

You are doing God's work responding to all my question. Also is there any reason not to use the silenced pistol? It seems like the best for all situations.

ieatzombies

Sorry for not digging through the topic, but can anyone give me a heads up on relative performance/shenanigans of the various versions? PS4 version seems to have turned out fine?
From hearing various impressions, it seems the PC version (depending on if you're able to run it on certain rigs to run it high or not) is really nice. On current gen, the xb1 and ps4 aren't too far apart. Ps4 slight edge on af and textures. Both pc and current gen enable the in car cam view. While, ps3 and xbox 360 still run very nice minus the in car cam and certain multiplayer modes. I believe the pc version runs 1080 p and 60 fps?

From hearing various impressions, it seems the PC version (depending on if you're able to run it on certain rigs to run it high or not) is really nice. On current gen, the xb1 and ps4 aren't too far apart. Ps4 slight edge on af and textures. Both pc and current gen enable the in car cam view. While, ps3 and xbox 360 still run very nice minus the in car cam and certain multiplayer modes. I believe the pc version runs 1080 p and 60 fps?

Xbone lack of ambient occlusion?

http://youtu.be/FpwIO36iYNM

Melpontro

lol, nice. What temps are you getting in Prime?
Only tested for about 10 minutes in Prime95 so far, but the hottest I've seen it get is 73c.
Still kinda hot, but considering I have been running this thing on the stock heatsink at 4.3 GHz for the last 2 years, it should be fine. I was going as high as 95c with the stock heatsink.

AdanVC

I wonder if the Wii U version will have some extra content not in the other versions to make up for the delay...

I really REALLY hope so. Honestly I wouldn't mind if the graphics end up looking like PS3/360 versions as long as it has cool/unique Gamepad features. So looking forward to it. Hope Ubisoft or Nintendo announce the release date during E3.

Cancelled

Neo Member
All in, can't wait!

It was tempting just to check it out before the PSN version unlocks, but I'll just wait.

Wish the gold edition was available on the AU PSN store.. best I can do is digital deluxe.

Does anyone when the season pass is available? Does it show up on PSN after buying the game?

JohngPR

Wish the gold edition was available on the AU PSN store.. best I can do is digital deluxe.

Does anyone when the season pass is available? Does it show up on PSN after buying the game?

Not sure. Will probably know for sure once the game is unlocked. Then you can see what files the PS4 is downloading.

This was my first time going digital with a game's launch on consoles. Hope all goes smoothly.

There seems to be varying stories on this. I've read that the season pass won't be available digitally on it's own and only comes bundled with the game or you can buy it physically from EB Games for $29.95.

Not sure. Will probably know for sure once the game is unlocked. Then you can see what files the PS4 is downloading.

This was my first time going digital with a game's launch on consoles. Hope all goes smoothly.

Just don't expect it to be there at 12:01 may take up to 45 min to show up. Was that way with wolf.

Top Bottom