• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Tc91

Still not sure how I feel about this. Have been watching a few people on Live With PlayStation streaming it and it looks OK but I'm still cautious without reviews.

I'm on the no buy side, I don't know just not hyped for it. I'll wait for the inevitable Steam sale for a few quid.

How come they didn't ban him yet?

No idea, Twitch are normally pretty quick with that stuff, surprised there hasn't been a notice at the bottom saying you can't stream it etc. His channel is flagged though so maybe a ban is incoming.

Aucool

At least the game seems a lot of fun, but I can't stand the motion blur effect. Hopefully I've bought it on PC so I can turn it off.

sunnz

damn, the vehicle damage is atrocious.

Why can't devs ( besides R*) get them right...

Even gta v leaves marks and scratches when you scape the car.
Small detail like that should be added.

Really got the spider physics down, so creepy.

JP

I'm on the no buy side, I don't know just not hyped for it. I'll wait for the inevitable Steam sale for a few quid.
The way I see it is that there's no need to buy it before the reviews. I have PSN cards so if I do get it I'll be downloading the PS4 version (Got some points cards waiting to be redeemed) and you can't pre-load PS4 games anyway so I won't be able to buy it until the reviews go live even if I wanted to. I am quite liking what I'm seeing but I'm not sure if I'm liking it enough.

BLESSED

Neo Member
No car damage, No blood from killed civilians, and car hits civilian with 80kmph and civilian flies 30 meter, stands up and runs away.. Come on ubi!

sunnz

No car damage, No blood from killed civilians, and car hits civilian with 80kmph and civilian flies 30 meter, stands up and runs away.. Come on ubi!

Yea, I expect that crap from Saints row, not something like this.
Really does bring the games quality down a lot for me.

Winter John

Gold Member
Game seems fine for what it is. That spider looks like a lot of fun. I think I'd enjoy playing that. The graphics seem ok too. I'm getting kind of worried because so far I haven't seen any dogs at all during gameplay. Can't be a good sign

Hurley

My PC started hissing at me because of that image, Chrome doesnt like it at all and claims memegenerator is a common distributor of Malware lol Google says the same, kinda.

Oh it's that stupid image that's causing it? I was wondering why my chrome was flipping out.

DOWN

Banned
I'm curious as to why Euphoria isn't implemented much outside Rockstar games. Doesn't seen like there's much out there that comes close and thus it's rather disappointing that only the occasional Rockstar title brings it out.

BeeDog

I'm curious as to why Euphoria isn't implemented much outside Rockstar games. Doesn't seen like there's much out there that comes close and thus it's rather disappointing that only the occasional Rockstar title brings it out.

I believe it was due to absurd licensing costs/restrictions (i.e. so bad only Rockstar can do it) and the difficulty of implementing it in a decent/non-gamebreaking way.

In a world where that was the only open-world game released for PS2.

Seriously. San Andreas was always fuck ugly. It had to be due to the size of the map and all those assets. Everything but character models looked better in Vice City. Also going with GTA's, Vice City Stories is the best looking one on PS2.

Scarface also looked better.

boeso

That stream actually sold me back on it. Gameplay looks so varied I'd feel kinda stupid avoiding it because of graphical issues. Still pissed at you Ubi.

Rambone

The 360 footage/stream seemed a bit bright, like the brightness/gamma needed to be turned down a bit in the local settings. I was a little bit bothered by the lack of cars on the road and peds roaming about. I hope the PS4/PC versions at least have a higher density of traffic/peds roaming about, looked like a ghost town to be honest. Overall it definitely looks playable but I can't see why people would compare this to a PS2 game, its no GTA V but it doesn't look that bad.

Looking forward to more streams. Bring em on.

HowZatOZ

Banned

What is strange is in some of the leaked beta footage they had blood from shooting civilians and clerks, and the car crashing wasn't as bad. Really wondering if PC will get mods like GTA IV cause that would be amazing.

Yea.. same for me. This thread only.

jbzWcXugwlptoa.JPG

Yup that meme that got posted on this page needs to go

Top Bottom