• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Rewatching the ten minute e3 2012 gameplay video is really eyeopening.
"Oh it looks really cool, just hope they focus on the hacking/player manipulation area more than just shooting and driving, also the graphics are amazing."

71271-supernatural-crying-gif-OtKG.gif

FLAguy954

Im not Doge but half the game looking ok for current gen is not a valid excuse for the crap UBI has done with this game. So during the day, everyone must deal with crap textures, lighting and dull graphics and get hyped when it starts raining?

"Yes its raining! Game looks like it belongs to this generation! Welp better enjoy it as in 10 minutes day time is coming and back to PS3/360 mode!!!"

Lmao PS3/360 mode? You are so fucking blind man, there are no last gen games that look better than this game.

Dawg

Moderator: [to thread] All right, we received some reports about a shitposter in this thread. The ban-free plan I just filed with the admins lists me and my fellow mods here but only one of you! First one to talk gets to stay in this thread!

[grabs a poster]

Moderator: Who paid you to talk shit about Watch Dogs?

[No answer, the moderator fires his temporary banhammer at a random poster]

Mod: He didn't stay unbanned for long!

[unbans the poster]

Mod: Who wants to try next?

[grabs another poster]

Mod: Tell me about the shitposter! Why does he pretend to hate the game? A lot of loyalty, for a hired ubisoft shill!

iamthedogethatwatches: Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would ban a man, simply because he said this isn't the same goddamn..UBISOFT FIX UR FCKING GAME!!!!?

Mod: At least you can talk. Who are you?

iamthedogethatwatches: It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

[Mod runs an IP check, goes back to Montreal]

iamthedogethatwatches: No one cared who I was until I started to shit on Watch Dogs.

Mod: If I ban you, would you die?

iamthedogethatwatches: It would be extremely painful.

Mod: You're a big dog!

iamthedogethatwatches: For you.

Mod Was getting caught part of your plan?

iamthedogethatwatches: Of course... hahaha yes yes. i love it. i love it!!!!
it won't be long now ppl.

Mod: Well, congratulations! You got yourself caught! Now what's the next step in your master plan?

iamthedogethatwatches: Crashing this thread... with no survivors!

OXfj7Hg.png

dada_zpsc140d912.jpg

now what is this?
what is this? this isn't the same goddamn..UBISOFT FIX UR FCKING GAME!!!!
PPL SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH A DOWNGRADE THIS HUGE

Why the hell is everything so gawd-damn flat all of a sudden?

The only difference I see is one is day, one is night and one lacks an umbrella
ella ella ella ..eh eh

I was going to grab it day one just walking into the store to grab it but now I am pre ordering it, just to spite you.

Authority

Banned
Since the first time there has always been something bothering me about Watch_Dogs.

vlcsnap-2014-04-22-17h47m01s167-copy.jpg

He seems so standard, generic, like someone created a new character in an MMO; that pale and uninteresting. I can already see I will have a very hard time connecting with him knowing that the visual is a no-go. Whenever I look at him I feel nothing; like there is no emotion on him, there is no blood running.

Wei Shen had presence, raw emotions and extremely expressive.

hkship2012-09-1000-57gukcz.png

Aiden Pearce does not even appear mysterious. Look at the Illusive Man for instance,

1491088-me2_illusive_man_headshot.jpg

Always having an hidden motive with his actions and words but usually you were left into clouds of doubt. A true representation of the poker-face identity. And that is what I think the main protagonist of Watch_Dogs is missing; identity to connect with.

Teddified

Pretty excited for this, I'm not expecting too much out of the story. But from what I've seen in those leaks I think I'll have enough fun with this game to keep my preorder.

Only think I'm kinda worried about is the hacking and tailing stuff. I may just do whats required of me to get the trophies then just turn it off if I don't enjoy it.

DrBo42

Rewatching the ten minute e3 2012 gameplay video is really eyeopening.

I just hope there are still moments in the game like Demarco's gallery. Tons of NPCs, cool atmosphere with a sense of intrigue. I'm way more into that than flashy chases and explosions.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Moderator: [to thread] All right, we received some reports about a shitposter in this thread. The ban-free plan I just filed with the admins lists me and my fellow mods here but only one of you! First one to talk gets to stay in this thread!

[grabs a poster]

[unbans the poster]

[grabs another poster]

Mod: Tell me about the shitposter! Why does he pretend to hate the game? A lot of loyalty, for a hired ubisoft shill!

iamthedogethatwatches: Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would ban a man, simply because he said this isn't the same goddamn..UBISOFT FIX UR FCKING GAME!!!!?

iamthedogethatwatches: No one cared who I was until I started to shit on Watch Dogs.

Mod: Well, congratulations! You got yourself caught! Now what's the next step in your master plan?

4/10

sjay1994

[grabs a poster]

[unbans the poster]

[grabs another poster]

Dawg: Why didn't you just... shitpost me?

Doge: You don't fear shitposts... You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.

Dawg: Torture?

Doge: Yes. But not of your body... Of your soul.

Dawg: Where am I?

Doge: Montreal, where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. There's a reason why this downgrade is the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every man who has ventured here over the centuries has looked up to e3 2012 and imagined 1080p at 60fps. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize GAF, I will feed its people hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe that watch dogs can't be that bad so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay on the hypetrain." You can watch me shitpost an entire thread and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Blanders destiny... We will destroy GAF and then, when it is done and GAF is ashes, then I will love it! Love it ppl!

Tymerend

Spent most of my life in Chicago, and the only reason I'm even remotely interested in the game is to see how they portray the city. Luckily, they've done a fantastic job of convincing me to wait.

statham

Can we change the thread title, I'm day one on XBO and the thread title already is focusing on PS4 ignoring every other system its coming out for.

Milennia

Didn't even notice the thread went up =/ awesome OT.

going in more skeptical than i would have a year ago, but going in nonetheless.

looking forward to it.

PSYGN

Since the first time there has always been something bothering me about Watch_Dogs.

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2014/04/vlcsnap-2014-04-22-17h47m01s167-copy.jpg

He seems so standard, generic, like someone created a new character in an MMO; that pale and uninteresting. I can already see I will have a very hard time connecting with him knowing that the visual is a no-go. Whenever I look at him I feel nothing; like there is no emotion on him, there is no blood running.

I guess it's an advantage to not stand out as to keep low.

Tagg9

Can we change the thread title, I'm day one on XBO and the thread title already is focusing on PS4 ignoring every other system its coming out for.

Come on, man... accept the joke. If the PS4 melts, then the XBO is going to self-implode.

90% of this thread will be unreadable hyperbole. I suggest you not take any of this seriously.

We won't get any real Watch_Dogs discussions for like 6 months.

statham

Come on, man... accept the joke. If the PS4 melts, then the XBO is going to self-implode.

nope, its a lame joke and scrolling though titles I would assume its a OT for a ps4 game. Doesn't feel welcoming for other system owners.

Dawg

Dawg: Why didn't you just... shitpost me?

Doge: You don't fear shitposts... You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.

Dawg: Torture?

Doge: Yes. But not of your body... Of your soul.

Dawg: Where am I?

Doge: Montreal, where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. There's a reason why this downgrade is the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every man who has ventured here over the centuries has looked up to e3 2012 and imagined 1080p at 60fps. So easy... So simple... And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize GAF, I will feed its people hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe that watch dogs can't be that bad so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay on the hypetrain." You can watch me shitpost an entire thread and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Blanders destiny... We will destroy GAF and then, when it is done and GAF is ashes, then I will love it! Love it ppl!

;-;

I've gone from PS4 launch preorder to canceling the preorder to (almost) back on the train. The hype is gone but I'm just expecting it to be fun and different enough to be interesting.

This thread has delivered laughs regardless, never change GAF.

sjay1994

Wei Shen had presence, raw emotions and extremely expressive.

Aiden Pearce does not even appear mysterious. Look at the Illusive Man for instance,

Always having an hidden motive with his actions and words but usually you were left into clouds of doubt. A true representation of the poker-face identity. And that is what I think the main protagonist of Watch_Dogs is missing; identity to connect with.

Ok. I am going to stop the memes and joke posts to answer your question straight faced.

We still don't have all the answers yet. None of us have played the campaign to gauge Aiden as a character.

Also, from the trailers Wei Shen appeared pretty generic to me
He kinda still was for me even after playing it

Also, there is a difference between seeing the Illusive Man, and being the Illusive man.

Your interaction with him in ME2 is limited, adding to his mysteriousness. If you played as him, that aspect is gone. Take the Shadow Broker as another example. When
Liara becomes the new Broker, that mystery is also lost, because you interact with the broker more

We need to play the game first.

And honestly, the story is the one thing I am not confident in. Aiden also seems generic in comparison to the other characters

Watch Dogs looks like a fun open world. The amount of pushing ubisoft is doing indicates they want this brand to stay. Also ATM, I am not picky about what I am buying for my PS4. Its hungry. It wants games.

So for you, best bet is wait for reviews, they will guage the main character. Or wait for some GAF impressions.

But anyways, game looks like fun, and thats good enough for me.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Since the first time there has always been something bothering me about Watch_Dogs. He seems so standard, generic, like someone created a new character in an MMO; that pale and uninteresting.
Pretty sure Aiden is supposed to look like a typical person. He's a pretty good character design. He's not supposed to have "raw emotions." That's not what his character is about based off of the footage we've seen. Even the game acknowledges it by having the "trapdoor spider" tell him that he's exactly what she expected. Pretty sure the joke is that he takes himself so seriously while he's around all these people with colorful personalities.
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more iteraction between him and Jordi, don't know if anyone saw the tgs video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaIO8ZsUTO0

Respawn

Banned
The only difference I see is one is day, one is night and one lacks an umbrella
ella ella ella ..eh eh

I was going to grab it day one just walking into the store to grab it but now I am pre ordering it, just to spite you.

lol

Can I lol at you to? Its just a thread title. You really need help if that bugs you.

Really great job with this topic OP. I have never been so divided over a game in my life.

As I have said in other topics, I'm wary of the delays and the free tablets that were given out to reviewers. The graphical downgrades since 2012 E3 version also leaves me cold. However the game play looks great and I like the concept. I even think the tablet app sounds like a cool idea.

I do have a pre-order, on the Xbox One version, but I may switch over to PS4. I just can't get past my dislike of the PS4 controller. I was thinking about bailing on my pre-order until I read this topic. Just cannot decide...

Authority

Banned
I guess it's an advantage to not stand out as to keep low.

You can still lay low and not be forgettable rather than the opposite.

profile_image_crossed.jpg

2784835-vs.jpg

Dishonored-The_Outsider.png

assassins-creed.jpg

337951.jpg

I find it hard to believe that after finishing the game I will remember his name or his face. For me he simply does not have that iconic presence.

Leb

Regardless of the critical reception that WD receives, I'm hopeful that iambladers will, by some wholly unknowable providence, a providence that is certainly in no way related to the mysterious circumstances under which his name was changed... post a glowing review of the game, a review defined by its effusive superlatives and limitless positivity.

Gaz_RB

You can still lay low and not be forgettable rather than the opposite.

profile_image_crossed.jpg

2784835-vs.jpg

Dishonored-The_Outsider.png

assassins-creed.jpg

337951.jpg

I find it hard to believe that after finishing the game I will remember his name or his face. For me he simply does not have that iconic presence.

i mean you can post pictures and talk bullshit about those characters all you want, but really you won't know how Aiden is until you play and see him in action, just like those other characters you keep showing.

Top Bottom