• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu News Thread (scans = bye bye account)

luxarific

Nork unification denier
soul said:
duckroll translated the Nomura interview (thanks!):

- Versus is on hold until FFXIII is done, because the entire Versus team is helping finish FFXIII at the moment. It is number one priority.

- While the planners and programmers are all working on FFXIII, the Versus project is getting the designers to work on a lot of image illustrations and conceptual visuals. The story for Versus is also pretty much complete.

;_; So 2010-2011-ish, then?

Wilsongt

Square is really dropping the ball with FFXIII. First by announcing it way too early, now by having Closed Mega Theaters with recycled footage with a few scant seconds of new footage springled in for over two years.

I know they want to avoid the fiasco that was FFXII and all... But, by doing what they are doing, they're just creating another problem.

Troidal

Oh cut them some slacks man. Even MGS4 had to face a delay or two, and that's an action game. How much more for a 100-hour RPG done by a Japanese developer? And this is Final Fantasy, so you can imagine how much care and detail they put in their games. As long as it isn't a development disaster like XII was, then I'll gladly wait for it.

Tain

Raiden IV is easily the most likely candidate. UFO talked about a US release before the arcade game even came out.

Tain said:
Raiden IV is easily the most likely candidate. UFO talked about a US release before the arcade game even came out.
I actually remember hearing about that but since there's been no word on the Raiden Fighters collection (which is multiple games) hitting U.S. shores I have to wonder what the reasoning is why lonely Raiden IV would somehow be different. I guess only time'll tell.

Tain

Raiden IV uses them polygons an' shit.

They might want to bundle both of them so reviewers won't complain about how these games have "no replay value" or whatever.

jesusraz

jarrod said:
Matrix seems kinda busy at the moment... between DQ remakes and Avalon Code, I wouldn't expect anything in terms of FF remakes until late 2009 at the earliest.

I wouldn't rule out a DS version of FFIV the After sooner maybe though, using the already in place DS remake engine and assets...
Artepiazza is handling the DQ DS remakes, though. So as far as we're aware right now Matrix is only doing Avalon Code for MMV and that's due out before the end of the year. The team could very well be tweaking its FFIV engine or even be using the updated Avalon one for a potential FFV revamp. Or maybe another Square classic people have been desperate for...

batbeg

jesusraz said:
Artepiazza is handling the DQ DS remakes, though. So as far as we're aware right now Matrix is only doing Avalon Code for MMV and that's due out before the end of the year. The team could very well be tweaking its FFIV engine or even be using the updated Avalon one for a potential FFV revamp. Or maybe another Square classic people have been desperate for...

Rad Racer?! :eek:

duckroll

jesusraz said:

Matrix is working on the DQ DS remakes in a support role. They're not the main developers, but they're assisting in the programming. They're in the DQ4 DS credits.

Top Bottom