• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weirdest comics character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out-right bizarre characters from comics - Marvel, DC, what have you. Characters that make you question the sanity of their creators.

Miss Thing wins this one for me hands-down.

ff2012004dc21.jpg

According to the Marvel Wikia:

When the Fantastic Four and the Avengers sacrificed their lives to destroy Onslaught, Franklin Richards, the son of the FF's Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman subconsciously created a pocket universe to save their lives. There they spent an entire year reliving living new lives "reborn" into a reality where they recently gained their abilities that vaguely mirror how they gained their powers originally.

One of his original creations was Mary Rina. Rina would be lost one day in the Canadian wilderness where she would be attack by Counter-Earth's version of Wolverine. She would succeed in killing him and take to wearing his Adamantium bones and claws as weapons and begin calling herself Miss thing.

I don't know enough about the lore of the Fantastic Four to really tell you what any of that means. All I know is, it's a chick with the body of Ben Grimm and she's about to become a regular member of the Future Foundation. Her gender is ostensibly female, though I see no actual proof of this. It's a chick in a Thing costume. Assuming the rock-like portions are her actual body, she's running around topless.

WTF, Marvel.

This will become a Rob Liefeld thread.

or, on second thought, a Vertigo thread. Doom Patrol/Invisibles was full of some seriously weird creatures.

8bit

Knows the Score
This will become a Rob Liefeld thread.

or, on second thought, a Vertigo thread. Doom Patrol/Invisibles was full of some seriously weird creatures.

Ahh, was going to mention Danny The Street.

http://itsuperheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Danny_the_Street

"Brendan McCarthy was involved in the creation of Danny the Street (hence his credit in Doom Patrol) and he planned to bring Danny back in Solo #12 where he would have become a member of the Green Lantern Corps - Street Lantern. "

Dram

q02pF.jpg

The product of a Cold War era U.S. military experiment, Doop was instrumental in the fall of the Soviet Union. Little is known of Doop’s whereabouts between that period and his recent job as cameraman for the media-savvy, profit-driven mutant superteam X-Force, but at some point he befriended Wolverine and possibly became a priest. Doop's unique look and quirky personality made him arguably X-Force's most popular member, with Doop merchandise everywhere.

Ahh, was going to mention Danny The Street.

http://itsuperheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Danny_the_Street

"Brendan McCarthy was involved in the creation of Danny the Street (hence his credit in Doom Patrol) and he planned to bring Danny back in Solo #12 where he would have become a member of the Green Lantern Corps - Street Lantern. "

Yeah Danny the Street immediately sprung to mind. Him joining the Lantern Corps would have been over the top, even for a Grant Morrison creation.

Uh...

Yep, your's beats mine.

He's not unique in being a sentient piece of geography, but at least Gilbert could take corporeal form.

VALIS

Mo-fuckin'-dok! He's like a face in a flying La-Z-Boy. There's no good reason why he shouldn't appear in every Marvel comic published.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom