• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best and worst Skittle flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Orchids and my favorites are the Wild Berry Skittles. The original is okay once in a while but I decided to try something different, so I bought a bag of America Mix skittles.

I regret everything.
876210.jpg

There are 5 flavors.

skittles1.jpg

a3af86768d51b25d748b629851dafff6.jpg

The Raspberries taste a bit stale but they're tolerable.
The Strawberry tastes fine - like it came from one of the normal bags.
The Wild Bernies are okay but the taste fades very quick.
The Blackberries though are very gross. They taste fermented.

The best is the Yumberry, but I can barely find any. The majority of the fucking bag are the blackerries.

If you see this in the store, you should think twice.

Valtýr

Skittles have only ever been eaten big handfuls at a time, I barely even distinguish the individual flavors.

E92 M3

Valtýr;208595940 said:
Skittles have only ever been eaten big handfuls at a time, I barely even distinguish the individual flavors.

I thought that's how M&Ms are supposed to be eaten? Skittles seem to perform better individually.

zulux21

green apple is way better than lime.

in the past skittles had two garbage flavors in them.
lime and lemon. (aka two of the worst skittles flavors)

now there is only one.

Overall, Skittles Orchards is the best package.
wrigley-skittles-orchards.png

Peach
Cherry
Lime
Red Apple
Orange

The only one I really don't like is the Peach, plus it has the return of Lime.

The worst is probably one of those flavors in the Berries or Tropical mix.

Overall, Skittles Orchards is the best package.
wrigley-skittles-orchards.png

Peach
Cherry
Lime
Red Apple
Orange

The only one I really don't like is the Peach, plus it has the return of Lime.

The worst is probably one of those flavors in the Berries or Tropical mix.

Yea this one is pretty solid. I don't mind the peach but it doesn't have a lasting taste either.

kiri

Strawberry, all day everyday.

If they sold bags of just Strawberry Skittles, my sugar intake would be at least double what it is now.

i always just put like 4 or 5 in my mouth at a time.
tumblr_n55rbyT8dh1s3pnt4o1_400.gif

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I can barely taste flavors when I'm shoving like 20 of them in my dumb face hole and chewing like a cow. It doesn't really matter.

GhaleonEB

Lime - Best

Green Apple - Worst

Bring back Lime get rid of the Green Apple bullshit

This. A thousand times this.

We end up throwing away the green apple skittles, as my wife, kids and myself all hate them. Their presence has caused me to stop buying skittles entirely, since I tend not to buy candy if I know we're going to throw out a portion of them.

Personally I love the cherry skittles in the regular bag the best, but until the inclusion of green apple, there were no bad flavors in that mix. The other varieties are all inferior.

Smoothie Mix Skittles were god-tier, made even greater with the addition of cotton candy flavor near the end of its lifespan

The worst Skittles ever created were the chocolate ones. Artificial chocolate flavoring for non-chocolate products was a mistake

Current champ seems to be Darkside

Surprised Sour Skittles have lasted as long as they have. I know they're "different" but they're not great, and detract from the clean no-mess presentation one comes to expect from the Skittles family of products

E92 M3

This. A thousand times this.

We end up throwing away the green apple skittles, as my wife, kids and myself all hate them. Their presence has caused me to stop buying skittles entirely, since I tend not to buy candy if I know we're going to throw out a portion of them.

Personally I love the cherry skittles in the regular bag the best, but until the inclusion of green apple, there were no bad flavors in that mix. The other varieties are all inferior.

Cherry has always been expandable to me - in all candy forms.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I forget that Americans have all these crazy flavours. The UK standard mix is the best. Strawberry, Orange, Lemon, Lime and Blackcurrant. Plus they're vegan I think, if that floats your boat.

Man, you guys have loads of Skittles flavours.

In the UK our sour ones don't have that ultra sugary coating on them either, remember having a pack of those once and just thinking there was a whole universe of candy out there I can't easily and affordably access.

I don't really feel qualified to make a decision here, but if I had to suggest one flavour for each side in the UK it's gotta be...

Best: Green Sour Apple Skittle, that little guy always packs a satisfying punch.

Worst: Regular Purple Skittle. By no means awful, but underwhelming compared to the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom