• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

xrnzaaas

I started playing Trine 4. I really like how they went back to the 2.5D levels, the characters again have multiple skills and the game looks gorgeous. Some of the puzzles can be pretty annoying or I'm out of practice. I've spent probably 20-30 minutes solving all of the cauldron puzzles.

WhiteEagle

Neo Member
During this coronatime i have time for all my games that was waiting for me for such a long time.
Now i'm playing God of War, AC Odyssey, Witcher 3 is still waiting for me on hdd since 2016. Yesterday i have finished Erica and today i will kill that scum Shepherd ;- D

nemiroff

Gold Member
I'm mostly playing PC games and watching youtube these days. Here are two of the games I'm playing right now:

Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PC) - Just bought it, and I love it. Big "Immersive" patch is great.
Division 2 (PC) - I'm soloing this, and very much enjoying it. I absolutely love the city environments.

Besides that I'm playing a lot of Lego games on the One X with my five year old son.. These games are actually quite fun, seriously. And also we play any other splitscreen game out there. Although I don't like that he's kinda better than me at certain things in these games...lol

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Trying to beat Sonic the Hedgehog since I never managed to as a kid. It's not too tough but the lack of spin dash is jarring. I might switch over to the 3DS version where M2 added the move in.

Windows-PC

Banned
I finished Astral Chain and it was absolutely awesome, now I can't wait for Astral Chain 2 :D

Now I bought 6 new games for an awesome price on the Nintendo eShop in the Spring Sale ;)

This is absolute Madness :D

Last edited:

SnapShot

Darksiders, the plot sounds silly and makes no sense but I'm having fun exploring the levels and shredding baddies, this game gives me strange Zelda and Metroidvania vibes with the way you unlock new paths in levels using new tools and powerups you gain.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Darksiders, the plot sounds silly and makes no sense but I'm having fun exploring the levels and shredding baddies, this game gives me strange Zelda and Metroidvania vibes with the way you unlock new paths in levels using new tools and powerups you gain.
Everyone seems to say that about the Zelda thing, but I didn’t feel it and I was looking for it. Admittedly, I only played the first hour or two of Darksiders.

T-Cake

Hob. I've been wanting to play this for ages and thanks to Epic, now I can.

It's a bit difficult at times though. I got stuck completely at the beginning and had to look up a solution but it's starting to fit into place now.

Shrap

FFVII Remake. It's... Alright. It's modern square for better and (in my opinion) mostly for worse. The graphics are stunning as expected and the sound design is top notch. Everything is smooth and glitch free other than the abundance of invisible walls (I thought we were done with these in the PS2 era?) Lazy as hell. Midgar looks amazing and they did an excellent job modernising it and expanding its scope.

Now for the negatives. The dialogue and characters are cringe inducing. Characters are more like caricatures and throw out one liners to exaggerate their personality even more so. It is an anime game filled with all the cliches that come with that territory. Combat is probably what you'd expect - most of the time you'll just press square until you can press x. It has the usual problem that Final Fantasy games have had for a while - you just don't feel very involved. Characters will jump into the air and pull of all sorts of moves while you just keep tapping square. It's not challenging and it's barely involving. The environments, while they look amazing, are once again another product of today's square-enix - they have very limited interactivity. I wouldn't have noticed any difference if they had used pre-rendered backgrounds apart from a handful of assets that fall over and move around all over the place when you bump into them. Everything is too clean and out of the way.

Hopefully it gets better as I progress further but I'm not expecting much. I really had hope going into this one that they would get the series back on track but I now know that Square Enix will never change. They are stubborn. Visuals and presentation above all else. Interactivity is tightly controlled and restricted so that everything always looks nice, regardless of how fun it actually is to play. It is so bland and uninvolving you may as well watch it instead.

If you've been burned by modern Square Enix and their approach to games then this will not change your mind. Do not bother.

I should've picked up Resident Evil 3 instead after how well Capcom did with 2 by putting gameplay first.

PS. Cloud's hair is distractingly stupid.

Last edited:

SnapShot

Everyone seems to say that about the Zelda thing, but I didn’t feel it and I was looking for it. Admittedly, I only played the first hour or two of Darksiders.
Besides what I already said, you have a buddy following you in levels and guiding you, a jingle plays whenever you do something significant in the level, like unlock a door via a switch or a pushing puzzle, there's even levels that make you go out of your way to look for a key to progress, there's riding sections that are oddly similar to those from ocarina of time, majora's mask and twilight princess, you can climb walls that are covered in vines, some level-specific gimmicks here and there, there's lock-on mechanics very similar to Z-Targetting from those games, you have a map that shows you rooms you've visited or locked and unlocked doors, you collect souls to purchase new items just like you collect rupees to purchase new items, and many other details that I couldn't help but think of Zelda while playing it, makes me think it is somehow inspired or influenced by it.

Last edited:
  • Completed Tomb Raider Go as it was free. Definitely gave me some flashbacks to my childhood with those character models, the soundtrack from the first level of the class TR, the sounds from Legends, etc. The main game is a bit too easy, and you can complete it in an hour or two, but for an android game, I'm impressed, especially with the visuals. The expansions though are quite the brain teaser and were really fun to play through. Not sure if its still free, but if it is, pick it up.

• Completed Ghostbusters The Video Game. If you are a fan of that franchise, don't miss it, definitely felt like the proper third movie we never got. Game is not that difficult, but really fun, and the voice acting is superb, although Bill Murray seems a bit sleepy at times. Held up better than I expected.

• Did all the achievements for Bayonetta on PC, unlocked Little Zero and Jeanne, doing a new runthrough with her now. This game will never get old for me, I just keep finding cool new tricks and strategies. If you love games like Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden, make sure you give this one a try.

• Started up Timeshift, as I had it in my steam library. Have to be honest it's a bit of a mixed bag. I remember liking it on the 360, but now, all those years later, this game has aged a lot. It has some fun aspects with its time manipulation, and sometimes gives me a bit of a half life vibe, but you really have to look past some outdated designs, controls and confusing story telling to have fun with this one. When it works it works, and blasting people in the face while stopping time is fun, but not sure of I'll finish it.

• Also started a playthrough of The Darkness 2. The more I play it, the more I feel depressed about this game flopping and that cliffhanger never being resolved. Good god this game is brutal and fun; chucking spears, explosives and car doors, slicing enemies in half, ripping them up and eating their hearts with your darkness powers, all while dual wielding uzi's and causing total mayhem. The comic book style of graphics hold up quite well, and the game has so much personality in its world and characters. It pretty much improves on all aspects of The Darkness 1, and the fact that it wasn't a success is a crime of its own. I can't imagine anyone not having fun with this game, make sure you pick it up during a sale!

• Reinstalled Sonic Generations again, as I got frustrated a few years back and gave up, but to be honest, my feelings have not changed much. The 2D sonic stuff is fine, it looks good, there's lots of cool references and unlockable stuff, and when it works, and you are going fast, its really fun and intense. Overall though, 3D sonic and its awkward controls, confusing levels and frustrating mechanics can kiss my ass sometimes. I've gotten a lot further than last time, so I might keep going, but there are many moments where I just keep failing for the dumbest reasons, like it just does not click. Maybe I'm missing something, and I'm sure if you love Sonic you've played this to death, but for all its positive reviews I was expecting something better.

Last edited:

Jacknapes

Because of the lockdown, i've managed to get some proper time into Day's Gone the past week or so. Never really got into it prior, but have now. Story is decent, and Deacon is an ok character. I just love driving around the post-apocalyptic world and running into set pieces.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Suikoden 2. Started it about two weeks ago. About 70% done near enough looking at the 108 Stars recruitment guide.

Hollow Knight. Beaten one of the three core enemies in the game so to speak. Just doing as much side content as possible and about to take down the second.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call. Just started playing it for some chill out sessions since I never played it back in 2014. Disappointed that Knight of Fire from Xenogears and Danger from Secret of Mana aren't in the DLC listings.

Beat Final Fight 2 and 3 in one sitting earlier. Second game is kinda rough but I love Carve a Dragon Wood, that tune bangs. Third game though? 🔥🔥🔥🔥 For sprite work and game play it's fucking amazing. Music isn't notable at all.

Always playing Apex Legends on the regular too but taking a break right now until the next Event.

lachesis

Finished RE6 (Steam) - and now onto RE Revelations2... working thru the episode 2, Claire part atm...
Other than that - Animal Crossing!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call. Just started playing it for some chill out sessions since I never played it back in 2014. Disappointed that Knight of Fire from Xenogears and Danger from Secret of Mana aren't in the DLC listings.
Probably my fav FF title, though it helps that I'm a sucker for rhythm games. :messenger_heart:

GriffinCorp

Spider-Man on PS4 - loving it so far and COD on Xbox One X. It's been a good way to spend some time at home with this Covid-19 going around. Stay safe everyone. I would like to go back and play GTA Vice City maybe this weekend I'll the time.

LukeAJN

So I bit the bullet and bought pillars of eternity seeing as it was on sale on steam. I've tried 3 or 4 times now to get into baldur's gate and just couldn't so I wasn't expecting to like this but I was hungry for a lore heavy rpg so I went ahead.

I've been blown away with how fun and engaging this game is. I just srarted act 2 and can hardly step away from my screen, I'm reading every book I come across to get more and more invested with the world. Once I finish this I'll definitely be getting the sequel and I think this will open a new world of isometric games for me.

Jesb

I’m rotating with these.
2nd playthrough of Detroit becomes human.
God of war
Resident evil 2 remake
COD4 remastered.
AC origins.
Tomb raider. The last release.

Orta

Banned
About to pop my remake cherry.....

re2.jpg

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition on Switch. First time playing BG and any D&D game to be honest. Just started and I have no idea how the stats work. Like having a lower AC is better? :messenger_dizzy:
Don’t feel like it’s cheating to Google things. I constantly did during my playthrough and it didn’t hurt my enjoyment. The game isn’t very thorough with the explanations, lol. You can also download a pdf of the original game manual, which is worth a read.

EDIT: Also, do you know about the saving bug?

Last edited:

LukeAJN

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition on Switch. First time playing BG and any D&D game to be honest. Just started and I have no idea how the stats work. Like having a lower AC is better? :messenger_dizzy:
As Scopa said above, the game isn't the best at pointing things out. You should know that armor attributes don't stack, so if you have a belt of +2 will and a chest plate of +5 will, you'll only gain +5 will. However weapons and shiels do stack with armor.

ruvikx

Banned
I just completed The Surge 2 on gamepass. I put in 58 hours, levelled up my gear to mk. X, had a nice Cerberus tank goliath build with a couple of weapons dealing nearly 500 points of damage... & Archangel Eli (aka the final boss) croaked like a little bitch within a couple of minutes.

I was literally I can't even. Almost every other boss was a total pain in the ass of massive proportions (Celeste & Little Johnny were assholes), yet the final boss? Nope. Just a cakewalk. Other than that, it's an awesome game (at 60 fps on the One X as well, with only a few technical glitches/hiccups).

I totally recommend it for people who loved Bloodborne & the other Souls games.

Shrap

Just like the original then
Yeah, but there are two big differences.
1. It was a PS1 game. Standards and expectations weren't that high for writing then.
2. This is the much bigger deal - Voice acting. It's a lot easier to get past the dialogue when it's just text, but the remake with all it's voices is just in your face all the time. Everyone overacts to hell and back. It's like the whole thing was written and voiced by wife pillow virgins who still haven't learned how real people interact.

Darksiders : Genesis - Finished it a few weeks back and really enjoyed it. It's got issues, but I was able to overlook those because I found it a lot of fun.

Terminator : Resistance - Okay, the game itself is pretty poor. Even on Hard, it's quite easy and the AI is almost non-existent. The dialogue is bad and the models suffer from dead eyes. BUT, it is not only the best Terminator game ever made, but also the best Terminator story since T2. I figured what was going to go down partway through, but I still found it quite satisfying.

Now going back to Days Gone. I had put it aside last year as it's quite a long game and I didn't want to be playing it too close to The Last of Us, Part 2 since they both have similar themes. Now, with Part 2 being delayed indefinitely, I'm going to finish off the final 1/4 or whatever is left.

At the mo' it's StarCraft 2, years ago i bought the campaign's, i figure i aughta to finish them some time~ then my old id disappeared so i had to start from scratch

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I'm not a big D&D geek but yes the lower the Armor Class the better. Have fun, great game.

Got it, thanks!

Don’t feel like it’s cheating to Google things. I constantly did during my playthrough and it didn’t hurt my enjoyment. The game isn’t very thorough with the explanations, lol. You can also download a pdf of the original game manual, which is worth a read.

EDIT: Also, do you know about the saving bug?

Awesome, I just downloaded the manual and am using that. Very helpful. For the bug, I did hear about and am saving constantly and rotating save slots.

As Scopa said above, the game isn't the best at pointing things out. You should know that armor attributes don't stack, so if you have a belt of +2 will and a chest plate of +5 will, you'll only gain +5 will. However weapons and shiels do stack with armor.

Thanks!

Lots of Breath of the Wild, its been great. I knew it was a great a game but I never spent more than ten minutes playing at a time. Made more progress in one week than I did in three years. Yay WFH

Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

This game is brutal. I've lost count of the times I've died fighting the Wasps and Spiders. I wish they'd incorporate some sort of easy mode or difficulty slider. The Racoon has my balls in a vice saying I owe him $46,000 for a frikkin' tent and there's some stupid cat named Katt (real original) living on the island that makes fun of me too.

Lukin1978

I've only played a little bit of asylum in the past, but I know for certain it's better than knight. Those batmobile missions can go to hell.
Yeah replaying it again after a few years recently and the batmobile sections ruin the game no doubt.

Gurgeh

Days gone, was going to play call of duty warzone but can't invert the x axis which stops me being able to.

Gt111

Neo Member
Just started playing blue dragon backwards compatibility on Xbox one. I never played it before and have heard great things about it... hoping it’s great.
It’s been a while since I played a rpg..
Also playing dbz kakarot..

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Doom Eternal

also bought DOOM and DOOM II last night cos they were $3. haven't played through either in about a decade so i'll be reliving some classic retro feels tonight!

Naked Lunch

World of Tanks console -finished the insane 4+ month grind for the sharpshooter mercenary tank. time for a break.
Phantasy Star IV -been wanting to play thru this one for decades now...
Phantasy Star Online 2 -pure blue skies sega greatness
Nier Automata -finished ending A a month back, now 2nd playthru as 9s
Ninja Gaiden II (360 xb1 BC) -probably my 3rd playthru - first on BC though which is glorious. maybe the most badass game ever made.
Smite -daily arena/assault/joust
Ace Combat 7 -Probably my GOTY for 2019. A proper return to the series' form.
Halo MCC -multiplayer from now till infinity
Earth Defense Force 2025 -a level or so a day online coop. pure fun.
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne -about to start it after I finish psIV - and finally finish it (i hope) after quitting years ago...

Last edited:
Top Bottom