• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

stranno

eCXgQ8g.gif

I finished Good Job! (Switch) yesterday and enjoyed it a lot, one of the best puzzles I've played in the latest years.

Unfortunately physics are -sometimes- a bit broken, it can be frustrating at times.

AndrewRyan

Half Life Alex is the first VR game I play every night until the battery dies (wireless vive). First five minutes is sheer joy seeing Half Life world in life-size perspective. Just walking around with my jaw open and a huge grin remembering all the game elements. Very creepy game in parts and so fun to play IN the Half Life universe. Still has loading screens between sections, lol.

Doom Eternal is the smoothest game with phenomenal graphics and non-stop action. Loving everything about it.

Darksiders 3 departs significantly from 1 & 2 since it's more of a pure hack-n-slash now but does so really well. Also great graphics with RPG upgrades. interesting enemy designs and characters. Worst game of the three but will finish it after the others.

Really enjoying the hell out of all three. Just couldn't help myself from switching to the newer one as they released.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I've started Yakuza 4 a few days ago. I really liked Akiyama's part (as far as I'm concerned he could have his own Yakuza game), but Saejima's part started off horribly. I always disliked the beast style in Yakuza games and here you have several annoying boss fights early on controlling a slow character while fighting fast moving characters. I ended up learning one stronger move through skill progression to cheese my way through, but I'm not having fun with this character.

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
Nioh 2. It's a 9 out of 10. It's amazing.
Resi3. Just deleted it, not my cup of tea. Very constrained.
FF7 Remake. It's an 8.5 out of 10. The highest highs. But also some shitty side quests. Hate me all you want but the combat should be MORE action. That means i-frame dodging and animation cancelling is needed.

Really I am just waiting for Ghost of Tsushima. Hope it doesn't get delayed. I love the Sucker Punch guys and have very high expectations.
As far as I know TDU3 is in development. Praying to god every day I get to enjoy a proper roadtrip in it. Please god. To pass the time I'm playing Forza Horizon 4. Wish the map was 20 times bigger than it is.

Also shortening my lifespan with Smash Ultimate Online. REEEEEEEEEEE
Playing some BOTW, an 8 out of 10 game considered a masterpiece because Nintendo???

RobRSG

Playing Resident Evil 3, Max Payne 3 and Control on PC.

Will start my third run of RE3 as the game is short but sweet.

Max Payne 3 it’s funny because I can hear my mother language in the weirdest accent ever. Gameplay is also really good.

Control is just bat shit crazy, trying to understand what the fuck is happening in the story.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Welp, the pandemic and Game Pass availability made me relax my Football Manager self-enforced ban. Time to take Wrexham back to the big leagues.

Last edited:

Old Empire.

Spiderman on PS NOW. Halo masterchief collection (gamepass)

Really impressed with the first Halo game. The AI is really difficult at higher levels. The AI in modern games is shit compared to it.

Just got a -80% voucher for Space Hulk: Deathwing on Steam, so bought it (was only 8€, I'm not *that* short on money).
So far I kinda like it. You pretty much feel like a Terminator - slow, nigh-unstopable firepower, can just crush lesser xeno by rushing into them - but boy, is it hard! It's probably because we've only been playing it with two people, and we don't really know the maps and enemy spawns at all, but it feels much harder than Vermintide.

... now that I'm writing that, Vermintide was actually super hard at first too, even in the easiest setting, so hopefully this is going to get better. Also, PLASMA CANNON!

Mr Hyde

52 hours in Dragon Quest XI. I'm consistently impressed with the amazing graphics. The cut scenes are so beautiful and some of the places you visit is taken straight from a post card. It's certainly a looker.

The main campaign still has my interest locked down but I feel it do drags on a bit now towards the end. You're revisiting a lot of places, scooping up lost friends in the fight for evil, and it gets a bit repetitive. My mind starts to linger at other games so I'm thinking about taking a break before I tackle the ending.

I think Luigi's Mansion will be a good distraction for a couple of hours before I finally close out DQ.

Mr Hyde

Only been playing a couple of minutes of Luigi's Mansion but holy shit it looks good. The level of detail is bonkers and the animations are world class. Spooky fun atmosphere too. Never played a game in this franchise before. Really looking forward to it.

Andahe

Neo Member
Recently managed to convince my SO to play Minecraft with me, so... Minecraft and Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
My son and I started up new files in Siralim 3 (our old saves were wiped after switching to the PS4 Pro). Definitely a hidden gem with a lot of depth to it.

Also playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. I am growing more annoyed with the combat system. I'm not an expert by any means but in spite of hours of practice and decent stats, I feel like the game doesn't provide any reasonable way to win against multiple enemies, so you have to cheese it. Other than that, the game is exceeding my expectations. I'm sure the annoyance will pass. Story is great. Worldbuilding is exceptional. Can't wait to see how the story unfolds.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Still playing Persona 5 Royal, no matter how many times I play this game I always get hooked to its gameplay loop and the changes to Royal made it that much more fun.

I'm currently playing Will of the Wisps and Far Cry 5 Lost on Mars DLC on my glorious Xbox One X. I'm knocking out several DLCs during this lock in period

Justin9mm

Doom Eternal, my god this game is amazing! To anyone who loves shooters and is on the fence about it, it's worth every penny.

It looks gorgeous, combat is amazing, well thought out map designs and is addictive. Plus the soundtrack is awesome!

Shakka43

Just finished Resident Evil 7, now playing Control, have been going on and off with this game for a while but now it is finally starting to hook me until I finish it.

Nosevand

Neo Member
Final Fantasy XIV Online. It's been a blast for the past days. And I shouldn't, I still have tons of papers due from the uni (cries in a corner)

down 2 orth

Playing Kingdom Come. If you can get over the poor optimization and the jank, and patch it up with a game save mod.... then it's such a good game. And more than that, it's a good RPG. It's been a while since I played an RPG that I would consider to be immersive, but I would definitely consider that to be the case for KC. It's got a great world, and you can tell that the creators definitely have some love and respect for history. Would definitely recommend to anyone who is willing to get over the issues mentioned above.

xrnzaaas

I just finished The Walking Dead: Final Season. I have to admit it was a pretty good one, I liked a lot of the new characters, those that I didn't like mostly died, adding a lot more exploration and even some small mini-games also helped. I'm not super happy with the ending
given how depressing the whole series was Clem should've died
, but I wouldn't call it bad. I was only annoyed with some choices leading to an instant death and the game forcing you to retry that bit. If they wanted to include those choices then they should've been premature "personalized" endings.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Tree of Savior.

I don't know why I installed it. It's Korean. It's grindy. It has a million currencies. The interface sucks. The game is a slideshow in towns. The character progression is complex. The itemisation is crazy. The controls are janky. The max level is something stupid like 400.

Already put in 16 hours.

What am I doing with my life.

Armorian

Banned
Too much right now...

- Resident Evil 3R (PC)
- Gris (PC)
- Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)
- Beyond TS (PS4)
- Doom Eternal (PC)
- Dishonored DotO (PC) - I will focus on this game today

Still God of War! Just got on the boat and about to escape Helheim. I love this game so much. The dynamic between Kratos and Atreus is so well done. And i love the world you get to explore. Its so beautiful and I just enjoy going from place to place. I get the feeling I'm nearing the end, and I really want to see how the story ends. But I'm also a bit sad that I'll be done with this world until the inevitable PS5 sequel. And yeah, just that game alone will warrant a PS5 purchase and I can't imagine how good it will look on PS5 hardware.

I've tried to fight some of the Valkyries and got stomped lol. Are they more suited for the post game?

Also, I was playing ReCore, but once I beat Victor the first time, I had my fill of the game. He feels like a final boss to me and the Eden BS Tower feels like extra post game stuff. I tried going through the floors and made it to Floor 2. Its so glitchy and ganky (bs radiation fights with energy attack spam that stun locks you into death) that it just stopped being fun. I don't want this terrible level to sour the experience, so I called it quits.

I had my fill and it felt like a really long 11 hours. I'd be interested in a sequel if it was brought up to this decade. A lot of design decisions made it feel like a 90s game in a bad way. The arbitrary collecting to access dungeons, grinding to upgrade your weapon (not by finding parts), and lifeless world felt like a game stuck in the past. There was a lot to like with the movement, shooting mechanics, robo-pals, and platforming puzzles, but this game needed a fresh pair of eyes and another year of dev time. And wtf was up with that nonexistent story? Nobody had a personality and the one other character you meet just disappears after 2 interactions. Keiji Inafune used to be considered gaming royalty, but he just comes off as a hack, especially after Mighty No 9. Keep in mind I was playing the definitive edition, which was made because the original release was unplayable. I really want a sequel, but it needs a lot of work. Give it to Platinum. I'm sure they could make a game like this sing.

But now that I'm done with ReCore, I started Superhot. Wow that game is a breath of fresh air. I love it so far.

Once I'm done with God of War, I'm going to start my RE marathon or hopefully FF7 Remake if my wife surprises me with it.

Last edited:
Days Gone.

I'm almost finished with the main story. Dear god, this game is simply too long. It's basically the same thing three times over, which is a shame. I've also dropped the difficulty to Easy because I got fed up trying to beat the (story mission) hoards.

(edit: I've no idea how long I've been playing, but it's easily 50+ hours)

Last edited:

Shrap

remnant-from-the-ashes-naguide.jpg

I can't stop playing this game. After yelling at the screen "JUST LET ME PLAY THE FUCKING GAME" throughout my FFVII Remake playthrough this is exactly what I need.

Dark Souls with guns and no bullshit. Straight up ass kicking and exploration. Controls so damn well and the punch of the guns is spot on.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
remnant-from-the-ashes-naguide.jpg

I can't stop playing this game. After yelling at the screen "JUST LET ME PLAY THE FUCKING GAME" throughout my FFVII Remake playthrough this is exactly what I need.

Dark Souls with guns and no bullshit. Straight up ass kicking and exploration. Controls so damn well and the punch of the guns is spot on.
I play the Soulsbornekiro games solo, so in your opinion is it viable as that sort of game?

Caio

I'm playing again Fallout4, on my XBox One X, one of my most favourite Game of this gen, and cannot wait for Fallout 5. I just hope for a better engine, mostly for the physics and collision system.

Top Bottom