• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

SkylineRKR

Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition on PS5. Never really got into the series, but I'm loving this game. The visuals on PS5 are fantastic.

Playing this as well. Its the ultimate version of DMC V.

Vergil is ridiculous.

I didn't get the hang of him at first, I wasn't as good as I was in 4 with him. But I unlocked his stuff and he clicked. He has so much cool stuff, jesus christ. And he's OP as fuck. Its hard going back to the other characters now, save him for last.

devilNprada

Watched my kid Platinum Astro's playroom and bugsnax last weekend..

I am back to Valhalla after having to reset it 30 hrs in.
It's not even fun, but I can't stop collecting those dots.

gtrwll

Trails in the Sky the 3rd. Very different vibes than the first two, but seems great so far. But that’s what’s expected from Falcom.

I was feeling a bit GTA and decided to start playing through Vice City again on my PS2

oLm3yqt.gif

> People say to me, "Fernando, are you bilingual?" and I say, "I'll try anything once."

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

<insert 1980s pop music>

I love this game.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Lords of Shadow 2. Its not great, certainly not as good as part 1 but I'm a sucker for castlevania games and I really want to beat this game

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Doom Eternal still... Guess I'm in the final level now.

It's getting quite hard and frustrating actually. At this point all exploration has been put aside and it's basically just going from one arena shootout to the next, which are getting increasingly difficult because the sheer amount of enemies that are being thrown at you. Shame id once again bothed the ending just like in Doom 2016.

GenericUser

I'm actually kinda proud that I finished both, baldurs gate 1 and 2, over the course of the last weeks. Being able to play them on console really helped. I just can't stand playing with mouse and keyboard, feels like work. Still have throne of bhaal ahead of me, but I stopped right at the beginning. Not that that I don't want to play it, but I don't want the game to be over completely. Both BG1 and 2 were absolutely fantastic and really glued me to the screen.

Now started Divinity Original Sin 1. Let's see how this holds up compared to BG1/2.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Yakuza 0
AC: Valhalla

pretty much just those 2. started dead space tonight but I think the game is going to be 2 scary 4 me.

RAIDEN1

So in between watching the Mandalorian, and Star Trek, I've started watching Star Wars Fallen Order the movie, (the game didn't warrant a purchase for me...) close to completing Streets of Rage 4 for the first time...in between that a bit of NFS: Remastered.....and Pro Evo 2021...

Rippa

Just yesterday I got the platinum in Astrobot’s Playroom.

I just got the platinum trophy in Demon’s Soul.

I loaded up my 100% save in Spider-Man to pop the platinum trophy in the Remaster.

Now I’m off to get the platinum in Miles Morales.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
bought Death Stranding for PC.

not bad price. paid £17. CDkeys had it for £19 (now £21) but with the coins I had in my account from buying other stuff it took ~£2 off. Steam had it on sale for £27 lol. I wouldn't really mind paying £27 but I had already bought the game on PS4 so I wanted to pay as little as possible. I was hoping for it to be <£15 before I bought it again. I ended up just going for it at £17 cause if i don't play it now I probably never will. I'll be playing it until Cyberpunk comes out next week then it probably won't get played again for months and I likely will have other games I want to play more.

So i'm gonna play as much as I can over the next week. I only got ~11 hours in on PS4. I've only played about an hour so far on PC. The game looks WAY better. No more ugly ass blurry textures everywhere and the UI is much easier to read cause I'm sitting much closer than I was to my TV. The resolution helps too. Also, playing it at 144fps is so damn good.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Doing post-game in Trials of Mana. A new storyline unlocked after I beat the game, and now I've upgraded my characters to class 4 in order to take on the secret boss. I thought that was kinda neat. Still having tons of fun with this game. 30 hours and counting. Will probably do NG+ some time in the future with the three remaining characters.

Rodolink

Bravely Default at last, having it unopened for years. Its juicy as fuck and full of fan service. extremely polished interface and gameplay.
Really loving it, although after 16hrs having found the op combination its becoming a bit boring. But thats normal in jrpgs so im bearing with it gladly.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
Bioshock: The Collection!

I bought it on sale a long time ago. Always seems to be on sale, and I'd recommend it a lot. Three great games, Infinite is a lot different than the first two but I really like it. I love how immersive these games are, especially the first one. Rapture is such an immersive setting. The games are a lot harder than I was expecting, it's easy to have a hard time depending on how you progress through the games and what build you choose.

GeekyDad

Bravely Default at last, having it unopened for years. Its juicy as fuck and full of fan service. extremely polished interface and gameplay.
Really loving it, although after 16hrs having found the op combination its becoming a bit boring. But thats normal in jrpgs so im bearing with it gladly.

Absolutely great game...until the end part. Good luck with that...

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
So after playing Yakuza: LaD, i went back to give another chance to Yakuza 0.

So far I'm liking this ine less than Like a Dragon, mainly because the story is not as engaging as the Ichiban's one. So far I'm in chapter 7 so that might change tho.

The minigames are better tho, they feel deeper and more developed.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
So after playing Yakuza: LaD, i went back to give another chance to Yakuza 0.

So far I'm liking this ine less than Like a Dragon, mainly because the story is not as engaging as the Ichiban's one. So far I'm in chapter 7 so that might change tho.

The minigames are better tho, they feel deeper and more developed.

I got to chapter 7 last night. I’m loving the story. Can’t wait for like a dragon, although I might put it off so I don’t get Yakuza fatigue

IanH

Neo Member
Yakuza 0
AC: Valhalla

pretty much just those 2. started dead space tonight but I think the game is going to be 2 scary 4 me.
You playing Valhalla on next gen or One X?. Love AC and just finished Origins. Am wondering if should wait til get my hands on a next gen console for Valhalla or is it great now?. Feel PC specs too high.. I Still have Odyssey on One X and Black Flag on Switch to play.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
You playing Valhalla on next gen or One X?. Love AC and just finished Origins. Am wondering if should wait til get my hands on a next gen console for Valhalla or is it great now?. Feel PC specs too high.. I Still have Odyssey on One X and Black Flag on Switch to play.
I’m playing it on xsx

if you want a recommendation, you’re prob talking to the wrong guy

R6Rider

Gold Member
PS5
-Still playing Demon's Souls Remake and nearing the Plat trophy. I don't normally go for them, but it's been fun and no super ridiculous ones.
-Siege next gen update and season just started so I'm hoping my friends are up to play some games this week.
-Watch Dogs Legion co-op and multiplayer drops on the 6th so I'll play some of that soon

PSVR (on PS4) - Just got the Iron Man bundle the other day.
-Installed all Demo Discs and also have GT Sport, Ace Combat 7 and Squadrons installed. I've tried out multiple demos and a bit of GT Sport. AC7 is amazing in VR though. I wish you could play all missions with it. Haven't tried Squadrons yet with VR, but I've heard great things. I wish I had a HOTAS and a driving wheel for VR lol.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I got to chapter 7 last night. I’m loving the story. Can’t wait for like a dragon, although I might put it off so I don’t get Yakuza fatigue
The story is great! Is just that I felt Like a Dragon's one to be much more engaging from the start.

I would have putted it off too before jumping into 0, but I was so hyped that I just couldn't. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Shmunter

Playing Elea thanks to NXGamer NXGamer highlighting it in his PS5 bc video.

Beautiful visual design at crisp 4k/60. Starts strong but not sure what to make of it yet. One for walking sim fans.....

ELEA-Switch_01-29-20.jpg

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
Yakuza like a dragon on series X and sackboy on PS5

I really need to get in to Yakuza some day. I saw the Yakuza Remastered Collection on sale recently, and I was really tempted. Hard to pass up three games, I should bite. The games look so deep and fun. I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, but I know they're not really similar at all. I have a feeling I'd enjoy the Yakuza series a lot, watched streamers play it and it's always highly recommended.

I was feeling a bit GTA and decided to start playing through Vice City again on my PS2

oLm3yqt.gif

> People say to me, "Fernando, are you bilingual?" and I say, "I'll try anything once."

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

<insert 1980s pop music>

I love this game.
Music is trash these days...

Even an average 80's pop song is better than whatever we have today

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
I really need to get in to Yakuza some day. I saw the Yakuza Remastered Collection on sale recently, and I was really tempted. Hard to pass up three games, I should bite. The games look so deep and fun. I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, but I know they're not really similar at all. I have a feeling I'd enjoy the Yakuza series a lot, watched streamers play it and it's always highly recommended.
Currently playing Yakuzo 0 and it’s the most fun I’ve had playing a video game in a long, long time

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
From Like a Dragon (9/10 & GOTY) and then 0 (8/10) now I'm on to Kiwami 2 (as I had played the original PS2 game but not 2). Seems pretty promising. Sucks it doesn't have TAA this time but overall it's slick and stylish as usual. Love that Virtual On has the twin stick controls option.
yakuzakiwami2_2020_12n9k5t.png
yakuzakiwami2_2020_121bkzg.png
yakuzakiwami2_2020_12s0kd8.png
yakuzakiwami2_2020_12y1kow.png
yakuzakiwami2_2020_12ojjil.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
From Like a Dragon (9/10 & GOTY) and then 0 (8/10) now I'm on to Kiwami 2 (as I had played the original PS2 game but not 2). Seems pretty promising. Sucks it doesn't have TAA this time but overall it's slick and stylish as usual. Love that Virtual On has the twin stick controls option.
yakuzakiwami2_2020_12n9k5t.png
yakuzakiwami2_2020_121bkzg.png
yakuzakiwami2_2020_12s0kd8.png
yakuzakiwami2_2020_12y1kow.png
yakuzakiwami2_2020_12ojjil.png
TAA?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Yeah I'm pretty sure the others had a half decent TAA (temporal anti-aliasing) option for anti-aliasing, this one just has FXAA, SMAA (which don't do a very good job) and SSAA (which obviously works at like 150% or 200% rendering but is too demanding for my PC, normal 1440p offers 60+ fps).

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
Finished Final Fantasy X last week, and since then I've finished Mario Tennis Aces and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. No extra's, just finishing the campaigns/storyline as per usual. 26 games finished this year, including 10 long ass RPG's. A new record.

Still wanna finish Yoshi's Crafted World and Hyrule Warriors this year, and we'll see what else I'll manage to cram in. Want the backlog gone before 2021 as much as possible!

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Finished Final Fantasy X last week, and since then I've finished Mario Tennis Aces and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. No extra's, just finishing the campaigns/storyline as per usual. 26 games finished this year, including 10 long ass RPG's. A new record.

Still wanna finish Yoshi's Crafted World and Hyrule Warriors this year, and we'll see what else I'll manage to cram in. Want the backlog gone before 2021 as much as possible!

Nice, how did you like FFX?

Psos

Neo Member
I play Legend of Grimrock 2 recently. I had planned it for a long time, but finally managed to buy it.

I liked the beginning very much, but now I'm a bit overwhelmed with the size of the maps and the number of puzzles I have to go back to.

IanH

Neo Member
Currently playing Yakuzo 0 and it’s the most fun I’ve had playing a video game in a long, long time
YAKUZA!!! any advice on which best sequence to play? 0, 1 & 2 are available on Gamepass but want to know if need understand / get some background into playing 0 which think may be best version?
Do you need subtitles on all games also? Sound dumb I know but really only seen pics/ read couple reviews that can’t remember which were great.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
YAKUZA!!! any advice on which best sequence to play? 0, 1 & 2 are available on Gamepass but want to know if need understand / get some background into playing 0 which think may be best version?
Do you need subtitles on all games also? Sound dumb I know but really only seen pics/ read couple reviews that can’t remember which were great.
I was in the same boat as you recently:

TL;DR - I went with 0 for the reasons listed by other members in the above thread I made, but some people made good points as to why Kiwami is a solid starting point

As for subtitles, they are on by default in 0 because the entire game is in Japanese

If you know Japanese you don’t need them. If you don’t, they’re def required

Last edited by a moderator:

IanH

Neo Member
I was in the same boat as you recently:

TL;DR - I went with 0 for the reasons listed by other members in the above thread I made, but some people made good points as to why Kiwami is a solid starting point

As for subtitles, they are on by default in 0 because the entire game is in Japanese

If you know Japanese you don’t need them. If you don’t, they’re def required
Thanks for that peso. Still unsure if it’s a Japanese GTA or even AC type game. Guess that’s where the fun is by just start playing and see.
afraid my language began & ends at konnichiwa🤷‍♂️

TintoConCasera

Thanks for that peso. Still unsure if it’s a Japanese GTA or even AC type game. Guess that’s where the fun is by just start playing and see.
afraid my language began & ends at konnichiwa🤷‍♂️
Not at all. The map is much, much smaller than a GTA one but it has a lot more things to do between side activities which are actually fun to do and the sidequests, which most are funny and well developed. Nothing of this feels like padding at all.

Also well, I've only played one and a half Yakuza games but the main stories seem to be much more dramatic than in GTA, and IMO more interesting.

SpiceRacz

Been on a SNES kick lately. Finished Super Mario RPG last week and Shadowrun (SNES) last night. One of the most underrated SNES RPGs imo. Not perfect by any means, but there's nothing else like it on the system.

Going to jump into Chrono Cross now. I've only dabbled in the game and never given it more than a few minutes of my time. Been sitting in my backlog for years

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Finished Doom Eternal yesterday.

To be honest, especially during the final two levels I was just waiting for it to end. id draged that shit out needlessly. I was like... level done, puh... wait, another one? .... look at level map of the new one.... oh, it's just some stupid plattforming and a couple of arena fights again.... sigh... And that 3 or 4 times over... No matter if you dig this kind of gameplay or not, this is just cheap streching of the game. Final two bossfights were lukewarm at best as well...

Overall it was a very good game, just not where I wanted the series to go after Doom 2016. Shame... Everyone who loved UT kinda gameplay... go for it though... For me it was just too much and too fast.

8/10

Will takle the DLC on easy soon as well but need a break now.

Last edited:
I finally beat Haydee the other day and thought it was pretty great. I got a little stumped towards the end of the game, so I had to seek out some of the puzzle solutions online, but still solved about 95% of them myself.
This game has a reputation for being "hard" and its probably the first hard game I've beaten since Ninja Gaiden 2 on the XB360. I dont seek out hard games these days, but of course I'll still play them if they're fun.
Haydee itself reminded me of Super Metroid, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia. People say its similar to Portal as well, but I never played those games so I dont know.
Has anyone else here played it much? Did you like it? Did you consider it to be particularly difficult?

Baus

Hyrule Warriors: Age Of Calamity
Got this game last week and I haven't put it down. Probably about 60% in so far, but it's taking up a lot of my gaming time.

Other than that, CSGO just dropped a new operation and also been finishing up Luigis Mansion 3.

GeekyDad

Hyrule Warriors: Age Of Calamity
Got this game last week and I haven't put it down. Probably about 60% in so far, but it's taking up a lot of my gaming time.

Other than that, CSGO just dropped a new operation and also been finishing up Luigis Mansion 3.

Yeah, I think musuo games either resonate with folks or they don't. I love the Warriors games. I tend to be the same way. Of course, the mood has to strike, but yeah, they can be addictive for a while.

Last edited:

drganon

Making good progress in ni no kuni 2. Just finished ch6. Also tried out the witness since I had it from ps plus. Got bored and deleted it.

Last edited:

Jada_Li

Banned
Just finished To the Moon. Loved it and now I'll play those free mini episodes and probably get the sequel as well and can't wait until the 3rd installment too. If you're into empathy story-based games then this one may be of interest. Took me over 5 hours to complete so not too long but not too short in my opinion.

Also I'm playing Resident Evil 5/6, Left 4 Dead 2 and Alan Wake. RE5/6 are great co-op games and fun too but neither games to me carry the essence of what makes Resident Evil, Resident Evil.

I've read or heard that Alan Wake being a good game and since I'm still playing Control I figured I would finally play this game being mentioned in Control. Also having DLC relating to it which I haven't gotten around to yet until I finish the main game. I'm not used to the controls and seems a bit clumsy and awkward to me. I find myself getting impatient as the characters talk too damn much which is kind of odd because usually I don't mind that sort of thing. Most games are also weird when NPC's talk and then you progress and then cuts off what they are saying to move on to the next scene. Rarely do I find games with an actual smooth and realistic transition. I'm still kind of early on in the game...on Episode 2 so maybe I'll warm up to the game more. But so far I'm not seeing what's so great about this game. I thought it was scary but I've been more annoyed than scared. A bit intrigued to keep playing so that's what I'll do. Besides, I bought the game...I'm going to play it regardless.

Then there was the issue with the cardboard grass which I had to look up how to fix, an easy fix. The graphics/HD version look amazing for a 2010 game. Except, not going to lie, not some of the character models. But then that's just me being spoiled with what technology can pull off currently. For example, character models that impress me is this kind of quality and beyond.

image-the-order-1886-23532-2752-0001.jpg

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Gave Just Cause 4 a play last night and man does it look horrible. They also changed so much from past games. Lower ammo count, the way regions and chaos works, an overly confusing system for the grapple, etc. You can't even zoom out all the way on the map lol. I also installed JC3 to compare (and because when I played it last on PS4 it ran like garbage).

Also started on my co-op NG+ character for Demon's Souls Remake.

Started up Hollow Knight again, as I tried it years ago on PC and couldn't get into it. Enjoying it much more with a controller. Still love the art style, but the backtracking in certain areas is tedious.

Top Bottom