• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the most beautiful game?

LudwigB

Super mario galaxy and Windwaker gets my vote.
Okami, Street Fighter 4 and the Uncharted series all look amazing as well.

riflen

Wow, it's like artwork. Does the game really look like this?

I shamelessly stole the shot from gaf's PC screenshot thread, so yes it does look like that. The shot is downsampled to 1080p from a mucher higher resolution.

The game is pretty old now as far as PC games go. I can play at 60fps downsampled from 2560x1600 on my GTX570 SLI system. If you have the VRAM then you can go much higher on newer GPUs.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Grimløck;78677029 said:
165226-ico_original.jpg

Ico will always be one of the most beautiful games for me, and not just from an aesthetics point of view. The game was artistically striking, to be sure, but I think the overall atmosphere was more impressive. To convey emotions with something more substantial than mere language was poetic; Ico and Yorda's reciprocative relationship was a thing of beauty. The music, too, lends to the beautifully haunting experience.

Yes, my first thought.

Albo

Okami and WW are two of the most beautiful games for me, and not just in visuals, but in many other aspects. The aesthetics just make them all the more mesmerizing, particularity with how they fit with the tone, and gameplay.

Ludist210

Hard to say. Two Wii games were gorgeous because of the art direction: Kirby's Epic Yarn and Wario Land: Shake-It!! Journey is gorgeous, Ni no Kuni is also just beautiful, as is Xenoblade Chronicles.

Fitrix

Neo Member
El Shaddai, no contest. Nothing's come close to it before or since.

El-Shaddai-E3-Trailer1.jpg

El_Shaddai_Ascension_of_the_Metatron_12850882871707.jpg

El-Shaddai_2.jpg

el-shaddai-screenshots-20100517002543410.jpg

My jaw literally dropped to the floor when I first playing that level.Not to mention the chanting of the choir during that level makes me feel like Im on an epic and grand adventure.

Not to mention all Vanillaware games.Yes,ALL of them are beautiful

My jaw literally dropped to the floor when I first playing that level.Not to mention the chanting of the choir during that level makes me feel like Im on an epic and grand adventure.

Not to mention all Vanillaware games.Yes,ALL of them are beautiful

Of all the El Shaddai posts. No-one posted these parts:
*Gasp*
elshaddaivwposter.jpg

El-Shaddai-Nephilim-Home.jpg

parte2261z.gif

parte4x259s.gif

Rarity

Kingdom Hearts. Beauty is more than just one thing, and Kingdom Hearts is really the only series to showcase this fact. At anyone point when playing, your heart is being tugged by impressive visuals, remarkable music, and a touching story.

I like this. It's the total package.

So since everyone is saying games that haven't come out yet, like Rime or Wind Waker HD, I can say Transistor, right?

Yes, you most certainly can. I would agree.

daftstar

Journey
Ni no Kuni
Uncharted 2/3
The Last of Us
Super Mario Sunshine
Rime (looking great)
Bioshock Infinite
Sonic Generations
Rayman Legends

Pretty sure there's a few more from Nintendo I'm forgetting at the moment.

Off the top of my head, of games I have played, these come to mind:

Halo 4
Killzone 3
New Super Mario Bros. U
The Last of Us
Viva Piñata
Banjo & Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
Wind Waker
Witcher 2
Super Mario 3D Land

heyf00L

Get that fucking disgrace to the human race outta here. The most pile of shit I've ever encountered in any medium. Yuck. I want to vomit now.

If that last shot is in game, then that's pretty realistic looking. Not Beautiful though perhaps. There rest, ugh.

Kashinoda

Banned
This looks like garbage.

Not the best shot, but that is one of the most beautiful scenes I've ever seen in a video game. There are a lot more Last of Us shots that deserve a place in this thread.

Surprised there's no Planetside 2 shots here, especially after seeing some beauties in the bullshot thread.

Thorgal

Not the best shot, but that is one of the most beautiful scenes I've ever seen in a video game. There are a lot more Last of Us shots that deserve a place in this thread.

Surprised there's no Planetside 2 shots here, especially after seeing some beauties in the bullshot thread.

one planetside 2 shot comming right up.

planetside22013-06-16unssy.png

Legend of Mana has always struck me as perhaps the most beautiful 2D game:

M0oHpNb.jpg

5vTL3S3.png

vYHanPu.jpg

3qiQ5fP.jpg

Just random grabs from Google image search, but hopefully they get the point across.

HFulAjn.png

elhav

It wasn't bad bad it was kind of janky/eerie. It added to the atmosphere though ,I always felt high as fuck.

I was super hyped for it because the art style was so incredible. I actualy ended up not having much problem with the combat, it was decent. It's the platforming sections, really. They were long and tedious. The ironic thing is that I was sure I would love the platforming and hate the combat. What do you know.

Another game that I think hasn't been mentioned yet is Prince of persia: sands of time:
d5XlOi0.jpg

There is a lot of scenery and great views as well in this game. Still looks pretty good on the ps3 hd version.

Top Bottom