• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will you be playing in August?

I am interested in...

• Total voters
Armored Core Robot GIF by Xbox
Drop In From Software GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

Protect Cover Up GIF by Xbox

From Software Surprise GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

ARMORED CORE VI Fires of Rubicon
Most anticipated and hyped. It's finally time!

I'll play Blasphemous 2, Immortals of Aveum and Atlas Fallen as well.. maybe try for the BG3 or wait for sale.

Man, so much backlog to get through:

FFXVI
The Light In The Darkness
Lake
Oxenfree II: Lost Signals
River City Girls 2
FF Pixel Collection
Dodgeball Academia
Inscryption
Sea Of Stars
Armored Core VI
Twisted Metal II
Goodbye Volcano High
RE4 Remake (Playthroughs for platinum)

I'm covered up until Spiderman 2 and the MGS collection.
Must. Resist. Sales.

Bond007

Looks like no new purchases thankfully.
Got enough backlog of last bit of TOTK, then FFXVI and much more lol

Stamps1646

I will be playing:
  • The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood
  • Baldur's Gate III

I also want to play, I may have to push them to the next month.
  • Blasphamous 2
  • Sea of Stars
  • Armored Core IV: Fires of Rubicon

Matsuchezz

I am holding on to my new QD-OLED to arrive, I am planning to revisit a lot of games, but I want to Finish God of War Ragnarok and Start FFXVI, then I will replay Ratchet and Clank on that 40 FPS mode and probably Alan Wake Remastered since it is a short game.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Blasphemous 2
BG3
AC6
Sea of Stars

Atlas fallen maybe depending on reviews.

MarkMe2525

None of these. Hopefully Jedi Survivor will go on a decent sale. I probably will still be on my Demon Tilt and Arcade Paradise kick.

Last edited:

april6e

Between Starfield, AC6 and Baldur's Gate 3, that's basically the rest of the year. Even with 3 day weekends from work, it'll still take me until the end of the year to beat all three of those.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

It's halloween \ rpg season for me.
I basically pick 1 rpg I own and play it from my backlog.
I always choose either a new spooky game or something I haven't played in a while.

Roufianos

I cannot express how disappointed I am that, at the time of writing, I'm the only vote for Goodbye Volcano High.

In all seriousness, maybe Atlas Fallen and AC6 depending on reviews.

Otherwise I'll keep chomping away at Zelda, might get Remnant II also.

Andyliini

Only Sea of Stars interests me, and I'm waiting for that to receive a physical release, so I'll be playing my backlog games etc.

Only Sea of Stars interests me, and I'm waiting for that to receive a physical release, so I'll be playing my backlog games etc.

Now that's one I'm extremely excited for

That demo was lots of fun and I'm surprised since all these indie RPGs inspired by classic JRPGs haven't been memorable and been boring or mid at best for me. This one is looking to be one of my GOTYs for me if they keep up the quality during the whole game

Last edited:

NahaNago

Maybe Sea of Stars or the Baldur Gate game. Neither are a must play right now. I might just tackle some of my backlog in August.

drganon

Plan on finally finishing up totk now that I've got ff16 done. Probably start atelier ryza 2 since I got it on sale.

lockdown2222

Neo Member
There's nothing new releasing in August that I want. I'm mostly going to be playing Pikmin 4.
I feel the same way. I’m going back and will replay Fable III. I know it wasn’t as great as the first two but I hardly remember it and want to run through it again regardless

fart town usa

Gold Member
Hard to say. BG3 looks dope but might be too daunting. May have to wait for winter season.

Sea of Stars definitely, already planned on buying it but it's free for PS+.

Likely will be chipping away at PS3 titles. (White Knight Chronicles, Folklore, Lords of Shadows, Splatterhouse)

October is what I'm focused on (AITD reboot)

MiguelItUp

I may check out Hammerwatch 2, will definitely check out Armored Core 6 and Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

Will also check out Blasphemous 2, and Bomb Rush Cyberfunk.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
PC
Diablo 4: no question about it
Crab Champions: way more fun that it should be.
Ion Fury: Been firing this up again
Weird West: Might start this
Ghostwire Tokyo: Might suffer through more of this to hopefully get to the end
Evil West: Want to play through this.

Switch
Pocky & Rocky Reshrined: I want to pick this up. Hope it goes on sale.

Just_one

Birthday is this sunday and have feeling wife will give me either FF crisis core or Jedi Survivor so i will be playing those because come september and then october MK , then AC mirage and then Spidey 2 will have my full attention

Laieon

Still Diablo IV and Tears of the Kingdom. I might try Texas Chainsaw though.

The next game I'm for-sure getting is Cities Skylines II in October.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
PC
Diablo 4: no question about it
Crab Champions: way more fun that it should be.
Ion Fury: Been firing this up again
Weird West: Might start this
Ghostwire Tokyo: Might suffer through more of this to hopefully get to the end
Evil West: Want to play through this.

Switch
Pocky & Rocky Reshrined: I want to pick this up. Hope it goes on sale.
If you can make it to the end of Ghostwire I thought it finishes strong. Also dont skip the school sidequest line. Added in the update.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If you can make it to the end of Ghostwire I thought it finishes strong. Also dont skip the school sidequest line. Added in the update.

I won’t. I’ve been hitting every side quest I come across. Glad to hear it finishes strong. So far it’s been one of those games that’s not bad - but I’m just going through the motions.

I'll still be on Diablo I think. Going to wait for the Xbox version of Baldur's Gate. Don't really want to start that just before Starfield anyway.

Top Bottom