• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will you be playing in August?

I am interested in...

• Total voters
Nothing in the op interests me in the slightest. I've few trophies left to platinum Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok and Hogwarts Legacy. I'm officially burnt out and bored lol.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Going through TG-16 and random 80s-90s arcade boards on MiSTer for the foreseeable future. Might get Armored Core, though.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
That's really August's lineup? Summer drought indeed :messenger_grinning_smiling:

August is backlog time to prep for the Fall heavy hitters. Need to start and finish Live A Live, finish FF16 and finish Hogwarts. Also working on the original Darksiders.

If anything Ill get Sea of Stars because it looks dope, Chrono Trigger is my #1 of all time and I like supporting small devs (by giving them, not MS, my money)

That of course is subjective. The three I mentioned surely can't be labelled boring. I'm tired of gaming in general and what is coming out doesn't cater for my needs. I need GTA6 or a RDR remaster ASAP.

Sure they can -- in fact they're so disinteresting as to make you bored with the hobby in general. I've played 2 of out 3 of them and they're dreadfully dull. Horizon I played the first one and found it that way as well, didn't bother with the second and don't imagine it's much different.

Last edited:
Sure they can -- in fact they're so disinteresting as to make you bored with the hobby in general. I've played 2 of out 3 of them and they're dreadfully dull. Horizon I played the first one and found it that way as well, didn't bother with the second and don't imagine it's much different.
Spiderman and Spiderman Miles Morales bored me to tears. I only just managed to complete Spiderman and deleted Miles Morales half way through.

Spiderman and Spiderman Miles Morales bored me to tears. I only just managed to complete Spiderman and deleted Miles Morales half way through.

Yes, also not super exciting but I thought the first was carried by the fun / novel traversal. I finished Miles cause it was like 4 hours long, if it was a full game I doubt I would have. Not really interested in 2.

Yes, also not super exciting but I thought the first was carried by the fun / novel traversal. I finished Miles cause it was like 4 hours long, if it was a full game I doubt I would have. Not really interested in 2.
"Need to stop playing boring games, is the issue". What games would you consider not boring out of curiosity? I loved the campaign for HFW, GOWR and HWL. I just burnt out slogging through to the final few trophies.

Hudo

I usually fucking hate youtubers and VaatiVidya is no exception. But his AC6 video sold me on the game. So I guess AC6 and BG3 are my games for August.

"Need to stop playing boring games, is the issue". What games would you consider not boring out of curiosity? I loved the campaign for HFW, GOWR and HWL. I just burnt out slogging through to the final few trophies.

The type of action/adventure games I like are ones that typically offer lots of freedom and exploration, have a good balance of combat vs. exploring / puzzles (or no combat at all), and aren't loaded down with a lot of cut scenes and dialogue. Recently I really liked Zelda: TotK, The Pathless, Ghost of Tsushima, and Dysmantle.

kunonabi

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is already pre-ordered and is pretty much my big game of the year. Probably have to wait on Armored Core but who knows I might get lucky.

Might resume the big Castlevania marathon my friend and I are doing too.

Last edited:
The type of action/adventure games I like are ones that typically offer lots of freedom and exploration, have a good balance of combat vs. exploring / puzzles (or no combat at all), and aren't loaded down with a lot of cut scenes and dialogue. Recently I really liked Zelda: TotK, The Pathless, Ghost of Tsushima, and Dysmantle.
Ghost of Tsushima I've played through twice, an awesome game.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Still Zelda TOTK

Might be tempted to purchase armored core 6, though. still undecided if I want to add it to my collection we will see. I'm interested in bg3 too, but I'm waiting for the ps5 version in September

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Maybe I'll check out BG3, only one in that list that interests me. But I still have a lot left to do in TOTK, and then a big backlog of PS+ stuff I really want to get to. So not sure if another several hundred hour game is what I want to do right after TOTK.

Bridges

Thankfully not much for me, I still need to finish Street Fighter and Diablo so I'm going back to those after Pikmin.

I really want to play Baldurs Gate but am intimidated by the size so close to Starfield. Might just wait a bit on that and maybe the Xbox version will be out by then.

If I finish the others then I'm definitely going to be playing Sea of Stars. It's earned my attention after how great The Messenger was

Durin

Neo Member
Only game on the list I'll be playing in August is Armored Core 6. Gameplay walkthroughs made me actually excited for the game.

Will absolutely pick up Baldur's Gate 3 as well, but given the systems-dense nature of the game, my backlog and AC6, that I can just enjoy a few patches it will get by later September.

I kinda expect Bethesda to have jank when I play Starfield, but I already have gamepass so it costs me nothing.

Tarnpanzer

Finishing Horizon : FW main game, then the DLC.

After that either Amnesia Rebirth via Gamepass or Layers of Fear(2023).

Last edited:

Paltheos

Backlog:

Continuing playing Trails into Reverie while sprinkling in Street Fighter 6 sessions.

Armored Core VI is the only game in the poll I'm interested in, and it's relegated to the bottom of the stack unless verdict from my friends is overwhelmingly positive. Edit: I should probably try that Baldur's Gate 3 everyone's praising so much. I'd probably like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom