• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best burger you've ever had?

I'm talking about any ground meat burger here, it can turkey, chicken, camel (which I DO NOT recommend) ostrich, etc.

I just had mine last week:

The Husk cheeseburger - Husk restaurant in Charleston, SC.

Sweet Christmas.

132_Husk-Cheeseburger-edit.jpg

- House-made bun
- Local bacon ground into patties
- 3 slices of american cheese
- Onions
- Bread and Butter Pickles
- "Special Sauce" which is a blend of mayo,mustard,ketchup,jalapenos and some spices

You know when people on TV say the phrase "it melts in your mouth" and you roll your eyes? Well get ready, because this thing LITERALLY melted in my mouth. It hit every single note in the burger symphony: Meaty? Check. Smokiness from the bacon? Check. Oooey Gooey melty cheesy goodness? Check. Lil bit of bite from the pickles and onion? Check. DAMN DELICIOUS? Check.

It was the best burger I've ever had because of it's simplicity. It doesn't try to wow you with a fancy cheese, or an extravagant blend of exotic ingredients. It simply takes the burger you'd make at home and perfects it. And don't even get me started on those perfect potato wedges on the side....LAWD

So what's the best burger you've ever had?

maxcriden

Sounds terrific and looks absolutely delicious!

The best burger I have ever had was probably at Umami Burger in LA soon after they opened. Juicy, delicious ground beef patty with roasted tomato and a Parmesan crisp on a brioche bun. Pic from back then:

Much better photography from AHT around that same time:

20090311-umami-burger.jpg

Second best or other best us a traditional New England slider style burger at White Hut I. Springfield MA, expertly griddled, slice of White American, griddled bun. I'm salivating thinking of both of these!

white-hut-cover.jpg

The fries are crispily sublime, too:

IMG_7616.jpg

(Not my pics)

Cudder

I've had a lot of "gourmet" burgers and such, and while some of them are great, I'd be hard pressed to give another answer to this question other than Shake Shack or Five Guys.

I'm talking about any ground meat burger here, it can turkey, chicken, camel (which I DO NOT recommend) ostrich, etc.

I just had mine last week:

The Husk cheeseburger - Husk restaurant in Charleston, SC.

Sweet Christmas.

- House-made bun
- Local bacon ground into patties
- 3 slices of american cheese
- Onions
- Bread and Butter Pickles
- "Special Sauce" which is a blend of mayo,mustard,ketchup,jalapenos and some spices

You know when people on TV say the phrase "it melts in your mouth" and you roll your eyes? Well get ready, because this thing LITERALLY melted in my mouth. It hit every single note in the burger symphony: Meaty? Check. Smokiness from the bacon? Check. Oooey Gooey melty cheesy goodness? Check. Lil bit of bite from the pickles and onion? Check. DAMN DELICIOUS? Check.

It was the best burger I've ever had because of it's simplicity. It doesn't try to wow you with a fancy cheese, or an extravagant blend of exotic ingredients. It simply tries to take the burger you'd make at home and perfects it. And don't even get me started on those perfect potato wedges on the side....LAWD

So what's the best burger you've ever had?

It's hilarious you mentioned this burger, because I was going to respond with the Husk burger in Nashville. Same restaurant.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Off the top of my head, maybe the Yakuza Burger at Yakuza in Portland. It's at least top 3.

Hard to differentiate burgers for me.

We don't have In n Out in Canada so we always go nuts on those when we are in the States.

Outside of sauces, almost all burgers taste the same. It's why you should always opt to buy the cheapest on the menu because it tastes the same as the best or varied.

OT: mcchicken at McDonalds: simple, not messy, and has a good taste that makes you want more.

I've had too many comparable awesome burgers to make a choice.

But the coolest burger for sure was the double corornary bypass at Vortex in Atlanta (I ate it all yay me). Grilled cheese buns ftw! Adding sweet potato fries with marshmallow sauce was an awesome pairing as well.

117b5f72164561529b8bd49dff1a528d.jpg

DOUBLE CORONARY BYPASS™

We use 2 griddled, diner-style patty melts as the buns. Total ingredients: 4 slices of Texas toast, 16-oz. of ground sirloin, 12 slices of American cheese, two fried eggs, 12 strips of bacon and 4-oz. of mayo. Served with 10-oz. of spuds topped with 6-oz. of Cheesy-Cheese Goo, sprinkled with bacon bits. Estimated Calories (w/side): 4,541

HaarlemGAF can help me pinpoint the name of the location, but in Haarlem Square there's this steakhouse/burger place and they have a WONDERFUL burger. I normally don't eat at proper burger places, but I ate at that place twice, two years apart, and had an incredible experience each time. Best potatoes ever too.

(It was opposite the chapel and you can see the statue's side from the window. I'd love to hear the name!)

Razorback

Right now the only one that comes to mind I got at a music festival from a couple of guys selling burgers from a trailer. Don't know what brand or even if it had a brand.

Unbelievably tasty though.

Bessy67

The Sobelman burger at Sobelman's in Milwaukee. I had these things all the time when I was in college and they're delicious.

milwaukee-sobelmans-burger.jpg

g11

Probably the Smokehouse Burger @ Firebirds.

smokehouse-burgerbwith.jpg

I'm not much for 'fancy' (read: expensive) burgers, but this one is mighty tasty. Only 940 calories (there's no way that's correct).

Gourmet Burger Kitchens Major Tom.

Edit: fuck this awkward picture

It's only one of their more basic items too but damn they just nail it with anything off the menu.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Probably wouldn't withstand my old guy scrutiny but Schwartz Bros in Bath, England. That was 20 years ago. More recently though?

Bad drunk food burger: Dicks drive in Seattle
High quality fancy: Umami burger in Los Angeles or basically any fancy burger at a steak joint. Prime in Redmond WA does a fantastic job.

Tetra-9

Park Grill in Chicago, IL.

Kobe Burger

10-oz. patty, balsamic grilled onions, whole grain mustard, Amish bleu cheese, pretzel bun

It was many years ago so unfortunately I don't have a pic, but it was fiiiire.

TDLink

Fergburger in Queenstown, NZ is legitimately the best burger on Earth in my experience.

Runner up is Mister Steer in Montreal.

MC Safety

I've probably eaten better from sit-down restaurants, but I really love In and Out Burgers.

Also: Jake's Hamburgers in Delaware. It's become a franchise (Wayback Burgers), but I think the affiliates aren't as good as the original.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
You start with a mix of Ground round , turkey and chicken seasoned with salt, white and black pepper and parsley. form in to 1/3lb patties.

1 fired egg
1 hash brown
2 slices of beef bacon
Slice of provolone cheese

added to a soft Lender's Bagel.

THE JERICHO!

BriGuy

Hard to say. There's like a threshold where every decent burger is more or less equal. The leanest burger in the world can be there meeeeanest burger in the world... if you cook it that way.

My wife's homemade spicy pork burger with bacon, brioche bun, watercress, chilli mayo, red onion & roast capsicum. It's to die for and she does it all from scratch. My son and I salivate like the animals we are for it.

*bun isn't from scratch, bacon is from father in law.

M.W.

I had a burger from some street cart in Mazatlan on spring break and it was incredible. This is a long time ago and I was drunk af, but I remember it being insanely good. We went back to try it again the next night but it was gone, so we walked what felt like miles looking for it but no luck.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The Jiffy Blucy at Blue Door Pub in Minneapolis/St. Paul. The burger is filled with bleu cheese & minced garlic, and topped with bacon, pepperjack, crunchy Jif peanut butter, and mayo. It sounds weird but holy shit it's good.

ipJylwj.jpg

Umami Burger was amazing the one time I ate there, too.

Honestly...

I'm a big burger fan, and the best I've ever had was at the restaurant at the Olympic Museum in Switzerland. It was a
Veggie
Burger.

Fast Food Burger definitely In N Out.

theJwac

This is simple:

Rocky's Crown Pub in San Diego. Good luck finding parking and don't try bringing in anyone under the age of 21.

pswii60

I wouldn't like any of the hamburgers in this thread. I just like a simple sesame seed bun, with a thin burger patty and just a sprinkling of fried onion and a slither of ketchup. Maybe a little shredded lettuce. None of this greasy stuff.

Unless it's a breaded chicken burger, then I want a fried egg, pineapple, bacon, lettuce and a sweet tomato relish. Pounding out the sides. Yes, pineapple. And a fried egg.

:p I think I lost the old picture.

The Duke!

It was served at the bar attached to the Chinese Theater in Hollywood that is now gone.

I had it when I went to visit Insomniac Studios years ago.

beef, ginger, garlic, and hoisen in the patty
Spicy Mayo
Grilled Pineapple ring
Japanese Cuccumbers
Candied Bacon.

Eyeron

Green chile cheeseburger at Bobcat Bite. Santa Fe, NM. I grew up about 10 minutes away and miss it dearly. This place usually ends up on top ### burger lists and for good reason.

bobcat2png.png

Top Bottom