• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best burger you've ever had?

Hermii

IslandBurgersPic1.jpg

Hawaii burger from Islands in California.

That's right, it's.a burger with pineapple and it's amazing.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
AUS-GAF must be busy because I don't see mention yet of some of the fine stuff Sydney produces when it comes to burgers. Some of the best I've had there.

Closer to home: Ter Marsch in Rotterdam makes amazing burgers. Not a plethora of ingredients, but quality stuff all the way.

500x300-ter-marsch-media-man-man-rotterdam-witte-de-withstraat-amsterdam-vijzelstraat-best-burger-awardwinning-beste-burgerbar-pim-de-lange.8b4.jpg

I've also got a sweet spot for the smoked burgers Diego made for a couple places, amongst them Capriole Cafe in the Hague, that they serve like this:

Ahasverus

I had a bacon cheeseburger at a random NJ Burger King when I first arrived to the states and oh God my world got all opened up. Burgers in my country, even "gourmet" ones taste like crap in comparison and are twice as expensive.

Mozendo

Bleu Cheeseburgers in some place I forgot the name of in Quincy Market in boston is delicious, also Mushroom Burger from Roxie's Grilled Cheese so gooooood.

Edit: Wait no, Dominican Chimichurri's are amazing that takes my pick.

OP are you from Charleston? If so right on! I always assumed Husk was super expensive but might need to look that up.

My place around here is Pope's Tavern on Sullivan's Island. Restaurant themed after Edgar Allen Poe with all the burgers references to his stories. I typically get the Tell Tale Heart which had eggs on it.

No I'm not from Charleston, I was there on my honeymoon. Easily the best food in any city I've been to. Pro-Tip: Husk wasn't very expensive, but they have a 2 month wait for reservations. Their bar, however, isn't very crowded and serves the same cheeseburger as the restaurant.

Raptomex

Believe it or not it was a Red Robin burger which I never would have expected. It was years ago so I don't remember the name of it. It had fried egg, I think cheese, and/or whatever else is on it. I couldn't believe what I was eating.

bionic77

Probably the ones my fiance and I cook ourselves. I'd take that over any at a burger joint.
I am the exact way with burgers and steaks.

I can't say they are the best burgers and steaks in the world (especially not the steaks because I am not getting some gourmet meat for the steaks), but over the years I have learned to cook and prepare them exactly the way I want them to taste so my own have become my favorites.

Grilling is the best.

linkboy

At a restaurant in Gwangju, Korea called the First Alleyway.

Best burger, fish and chips and chicken strips I've ever had.

I miss that restaurant.

Falchion

The best burger I've ever had was probably at some cookout, but in terms of eating out, Shake Shack's was REALLY good.

Terrys Turf Club in Cincinnati Ohio. Had a regular cheeseburger with fries, except with aged English cheddar. It was sublime. I've never had a burger as good as that one. The burger is extremely thick, and all the toppings were very fresh. And relatively inexpensive too

There's a nice burger place in shibuya in Japan.

Can't remember it now lol

JS Burger? It was recommended to me but it was just decent.

If you go to Stockholm, there are plenty of great burger places. "Svenska Hamburgarköket" is outside of the centre, but has amazing burgers. Flippin' Burgers is also supposedly great. Phil's Burger is also great.

Seirith

I've had a lot of "gourmet" burgers and such, and while some of them are great, I'd be hard pressed to give another answer to this question other than Shake Shack or Five Guys.

My husband is a huge burger lover. I can't eat beef though so no burgers for me. Anyways, everyone loves Five Guys, we went there and he had a burger and I had a grilled cheese. Both were gross. I do not understand the love for five guys. We have never been back.

Top Bottom