• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best burger you've ever had?

Zakalwe

Banned
back when I ate them I was partial to a Red Dog's. Used to visit the one in Hoxton.

The basic level cheese burger and beer.

Now I have a craving... great, OP, thanks.

Pilgrimzero

Local place called Cow Cafe.

Swiss and grilled onions and mushrooms burger with Dijon mustard. I let out a moan of joy after the first bite.

mhayes86

1491317592390.jpeg

I loved this Mulberry Recipe from the Food Network. I've had great gourmet burgers at restaurants, but this is probably my favorite homemade burger.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.food...nge-mulberry-street-burger-recipe-1947476.amp

Fergburger in Queenstown, NZ is legitimately the best burger on Earth in my experience.

Runner up is Mister Steer in Montreal.

I wanted to check Fergburger out while in Queenstown, but the line is always freaking huge. It was raining both days I was there, so I didn't bother. My wife and I really liked a burger that we got at Smuggler's Pub in Nelson, NZ.

TDLink

I wanted to check Fergburger out while in Queenstown, but the line is always freaking huge. It was raining both days I was there, so I didn't bother. My wife and I really liked a burger that we got at Smuggler's Pub in Nelson, NZ.

The line is worth it, if you ever go back.

hiredhand

Probably something homemade.

A good burger should be mainly about quality meat and bread, not about the amount of calories you can stuff between the two pieces of bread.

Also if a burger cannot easily (and without making a mess) be eaten without a knife and a fork then it has failed its main mission as a burger.

The Fat Egg Cheeseburger at Hawkins in Watts is a beauty. I don't go there as often as I'd like, though. When I think of burgers, that's one of the first places that pops into my head.

As a SoCal native I feel like it's mandatory to talk about In-N-Out. That's a good option when I don't want to drive too much. The lines are stupid, though. I'll usually order a Double Double with fries.

old

The one I made recently. Years of study and practice have forged me into a burger master. I have ascended.

I didn't take a picture of the burger, but the Good morning America burger from Almost Famous in Liverpool uk.
It sounds gross, but I had to order it, because I had to know what it tasted like.
In the description it forgets to mention the fact it also has two burger patties.

I wouldn't like any of the hamburgers in this thread. I just like a simple sesame seed bun, with a thin burger patty and just a sprinkling of fried onion and a slither of ketchup. Maybe a little shredded lettuce. None of this greasy stuff.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of simple hamburgers. As amazing as some of these look, I really don't like that feeling of attacking a plate full of food with my mouth.

The Cash Burger at The Standing Room in Redondo Beach, CA

It's messy as hell to eat, but totally delicious.

The Standing room has a ton of great burgers but this one is my favorite. I've been coming to this place since the original location opened inside a liquor store, and the food has been consistently great.

segasonic

nintchdbpict000285801838-e1480521593629.jpg

Here's the thing: The Big Mac is not the best burger I've ever had. But when I crave one, there is nothing on the planet like it.
I really like McD burgers when they are fresh. But I never understood the popularity of the Big Mac. It tastes like a burger drenched in vinegar. Also, the meat to bread ratio is fucked up...

TheDanger

Banned
Lol, first of all there is no such thing a Kobe beef in the USA.

Second of all, Ellen's Stardust Diner...

Thirdly the only place anyone should mention in NYC is Donovan's Pub in Woodside. Place is an institution.
http://donovansny.com

donovans-part-2-001.jpg

it says Kobe beef on the menu so you're saying they are lying ?

What about the place?

You come across as very elitist.

Black label burger from Minetta Tavern in NYC if I want a fancy burger. It's absurdly good. It's also $31.

Give me Shackburger from Shake Shack when I need a quick fix.

What about the place?

It's actually pretty common for restaurants to claim that something is Kobe beef without it being actual Kobe beef. What was in that burger could have been American Wagyu, which is a hybrid cow, but not the same as the ones in Japan.

Only a handful (9 or 10) of restaurants actually serve real Kobe Beef in the U.S.

Impossible to say really. I've eaten so many. The best are usually the ones I make myself. I like a simple burger. Some that come to mind:

Crunch Burger at Bobby Flays in Vegas

83328cd8f5939ca25caee5ac7162558f--burger-palace-burger-recipes.jpg

Bunsen in Dublin

11.jpg

Good ol' Lenny's Burger back home in Glendale, AZ.
Nobody ever talks about anything new within driving distance for me so I thought I was safe to peruse this thread. Nope.

Must eat this burger.

My best burger so far has been either homemade or the one you eat when you're drunk or really hungry. Nothing like instant gratification in those situations.

wandering

Banned

What about the place?

Lots of places lie about it. Kobe beef isn't a protected trademark in the US. Not to mention Kobe beef in a burger is kind of a waste.

SomTervo

I'm vegan now, but a couple of years back in Glasgow i had this brioche bun chicken burger from a great place called Where the Monkey Sleeps.

It was
- brioche bun
- tender chicken breast with garlic butter and rosemary through it
- melted Stilton (a strong odorous cheese) and garlic sauce on top
- i think a couple of bits of sliced red pepper

Legitimately one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted

Wood Man

To be honest I make a tasty burger. I take out my hot plate and use a grill press to smash the patties. It's the only burger my daughter will eat.

I had Red Robbin Souther Charm burger the other day and it was pretty good too.

red-robin-america-s-gourmet.jpg

Top Bottom