• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where Ya Curly Mustaches At?! Marvel vs Capcom 3 Hype Thread of Scoops!

DR2K

Banned
o76dkz.jpg

1. FUCK THE KNICKS!!:

• Innovative graphics and gameplay bring the Marvel and Capcom Universes to life: Powered by an advanced version of MT Framework, the engine used in Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2, now comes to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, bringing beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the forefront.
    • Evolved VS. Fighting System: Wild over-the-top gameplay complete with signature aerial combos, hyper combos and other original systems. The evolved battle system takes the exciting mind-reading game to a whole new level!
    • 3-on-3 Tag Team Fighting: Players build their own perfect team and use Assist Attacks and each character’s special moves to create their own unique fighting style.
    • Living Comic Book Art Style: See the most adored characters from the Capcom and Marvel universes brought to life in a “moving comic” style, blurring the boundaries between 2D and 3D graphics.Of course we'll have more coming soon, and here are a few places you'll be able to find the good stuff:

More facts for new OP:
    - 100+ song soundtrack made up of new material as well as remixes of classic MvsC music. (via Kotaku)
    - Character portraits are made up of actual In-Game Models. (MarvelvsCapcom Twitter)

2. Trailer:

3. Characters:

Over 30 characters will be featured in the game. List of confirmed and speculated characters:

2j5b0gw.png

• Ryu
    • Morrigan
    • Chris Redfield
    • Chun-Li
    • Dante
    • Frank West

14295rd.jpg

• Hulk
    • Iron Man
    • Wolverine
    • Super Skrull
    • Deadpool
    • Captain America
    • Dr. Doom

4. East Coast Baby, Philly Where you at?!

2eo8w9s.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Probably from the Tatsunoko team, seems about the right timing.

Looking forward to hearing more ... or anything, lol

DR2K

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
Probably from the Tatsunoko team, seems about the right timing.

Looking forward to hearing more ... or anything, lol

I really hope it's more like MVC2 than TVC, ideally a little from both games, but mostly MVC2.

Hm.

Source is trustworthy, but it seems like it would be prohibitively expensive to get that license, unless Disney changed something (which is entirely possible).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ShockingAlberto said:
Hm.

Source is trustworthy, but it seems like it would be prohibitively expensive to get that license, unless Disney changed something (which is entirely possible).

Plus dont other companies have rights to certain characters, or is there something I'm missing?

DR2K

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Hm.

MVC2 amazing sales probably jump started the project.

fernoca

I wonder is..how big the character roster could be..
In #2, the roster was big, but most of the characters were basically taken from multiple games and put in there...

The only other similar game with that big of a roster was Mortal Kombat Armageddon, and there..also most of the characters were ported from prior games...

For this, they'd have to make every character from scratch..
Unless they really want to use that Morrigan sprite..again..with the "Mega Man/classic-retro look"..thingie..

ReiGun

Not a big fan of MvC2, but I love TvC (yeah I'm weird like that), so I'll keep an eye on this. Why May though? Seems like you'd want to save something like this for E3.

Peff

HK-47 said:
Plus dont other companies have rights to certain characters, or is there something I'm missing?

I think Marvel licenses are for separate genres... Activision has held the Spider-man license for a long time yet EA got to do a fighting game with him.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
HK-47 said:
The other companies have movie/tv tie-in (Activision mostly), kids games (THQ), and MMO (Gazillion) rights to the characters. I don't think anyone has the fighting game rights right now.

Grecco

HK-47 said:

Not really theres licences for the characters and for "marvel rpg" "marvel fighter" ect

Which is why Activision can have Iron Man in MUA2 and Sega can make an Iron Man 2 game.

Capcom used to have the "Marvel fighter" licence before EA scooped it up, they released the dispicable Marvel NEmesis rise of the imperfects, and were going to make a vomit inducing game by Kudo Tsunada and EA Chicago before they just killed that studio outright.

The "Marvel fighter" licence has been in "limbo" ever since. Nobody has found out who has it. Or cared to figure out.

HK-47 said:

I think Marvel/Disney can specify in the license what type of genres can be made with which characters.

For example, EA had (or does it still have?) the license for Marvel fighting games which is why we got Rise of the Imperfects and were going to get that one canceled fighting game while Activision was making the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games.

*argh* beaten

ShockingAlberto said:
Hm.

I'll say this- modern Disney really likes its videogames.

I think Marvel has said, before Disney bought them, that they were interested in doing another MvC installment. And since the fighting license got taken away from EA, that is doable. AND with MvC2 doing so well on the DD services, this really is a no brainer.

REQUEST!
A smaller, but varied, roster with balance, plz.

I don't suppose this will be heading to the Wii : /

Which I guess doesn't matter since I own a PS3 but I'm weird like that.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Grecco said:
The "Marvel fighter" licence has been in "limbo" ever since. Nobody has found out who has it. Or cared to figure out.

Since MvC2 came out on XBLA, wouldn't it be easy to assume that Capcom has it now?

top tier spiderman or will not buy

Who am I kidding :( Day one most likely

And I for one hope it's closer to TvC. Just a preference thing really. I love me some helmet fighters too.

I'm guessing probably an HD TvC engine? I thought Capcom said they were going to do 2.5D forever, and with Darkstalkers coming who knows when too, I think they'll probably use it for that too. Absolutely fine by me, I dig it, but we all know certain people won't be thrilled with that :p

Moving comic book sounds awesome too.

Edit: Dante better be in here too :D And screw Volnutt, put the man's version of Mega Man in, X. Zero/Original can go to hell if they take X's spot.

Peff

ZealousD said:
Since MvC2 came out on XBLA, wouldn't it be easy to assume that Capcom has it now?

Didn't they say it was a special case and that they couldn't release it as a disc even if they wanted?

Dante, Nero, Other resident evil character, Sagat(make him top tier with triangle jumps and infinites)

Very interested in this.

AAK

Taking this like a puny grain of salt.

But I guess it seems plausible now that Capcom is fixated on 2.5D

RIP Sprites :(

ZealousD said:
Nope. They've said numerous times it's a special case purely for a digital re-release and absolutely nothing beyond that.

DR2K said:
MVC2 amazing sales probably jump started the project.

That's exactly what Capcom was hoping for

If you're thinking the pending digital release of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is any indication that the path is clear for "Marvel vs. Capcom 3," think again. "The short answer is no, that's not any part of this deal," Capcom's Seth Killian lamented to Joystiq at a media event yesterday. "What we're hoping is that if people get really juiced about this title, and we can show Marvel that there's a lot of heat behind this, then they'll open up the door for us to do something with '3,' which is something we'd love to do." For now, licensing issues are preventing further developments.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/05/capcom-marvel-vs-capcom-3-not-part-of-deal-to-re-release-mvc/

Blueblur1

Milabrega said:
Can we start posting dream roster lists now?
I'd like interesting characters plz. I don't want to see Viewtiful Joe, Roll, Volnutt, Saki or the Lost Planet mech return. MvC2 cast or bust (well, the clones and weak characters can take a hike).

Grecco

ZealousD said:

Maybe. Its a good point that i admitedly hadnt thought about. I dismissed it outright as Capcom being allowed to simply port their own game.

But for instance when Konami ported TMNT they had to have ubisoft on the logos Since TMNT owned that licence.

BTW id love it if some of the rejected characters from TVC made it to this hypothetical MVC3

Phoenix Wright and Leon Kennedy plz

Manus

All over my face if this turns out to be true. I want more Dalkstalker fighters and Okami in it!

kenta

Has no PEINS
I never could click with any of the Versus games in the past, but I'd probably be willing to give this a shot if it turns out well.

Are we okay with the Tatsunoko team doing this? And if they are indeed doing it, does that mean the SF4 team is doing Darkstalkers?

Top Bottom