• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which character has the stupidest battle stance in fighting games?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
ieEaQ.gif

rdy.

Can I get the name of the game here?

Tizoc

OK, NON of the GIFs, stances or characters mentioned have stupid battle stances (except MAYBE the MK cast), this really must be a stealth 'awesome stances in fighting games' thread. Really I see nothing wrong with those stances.

...and those complaining about Duo Lon's stance: In XIII, the hand standing out looks like a snake.

I've always found Morrigan's fighting stance to be pretty strange:

tumblr_m5ktvyxnzA1rrz875o1_100.gif

What's she even doing with her hands?

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Magneto's MvC2 stance:

Magneto-hands-stance.gif

Simply god tier.

Uh Magneto's arms ALWAYS animated like that since X-Men CotA, you rarely ever see it tho since Mags is moving all the time lol.

Freeman.gif
Freeman, Garou's least memorable character.

Freeman can be deadly in the right hands.

Mai's stance in KOF 13 is so stupid.

Uh that's been her stance since KoF. Ever seen her stance in the Real Bout games tho?

What a fascinating character "Duck King" is. A man with a Mohawk who breakdances whilst fighting and is accompanied by a small duck, who can also breakdance. SNK are crazy motherfuckers.

His design is based off MC Hammer-
vMMgX.png

Hi guys remember me?
sawada-special.gif

That is so swag.
Just proves that SNK really put much thought in their early sprite work.

I really hate Terry's KoFXII/XIII's sprite.

terry_xii.gif

It's like he's jugging.

Terry's stances in most games are like that, but IMO, his best stance is from Garou.
His CvSNK 2 stance is just a sped up ver. of this. In fact the only reason I can understand anyone not liking this stance is because of how slow it animates.
I can remember playing Samurai Showdown on the SNES and thinking:

Sword & Garb - Cool
Hopping up and down - WTF

Kyoshiross.gif

Why you gotta link to the lamtest Kabuki fighting stance ever?
5BVqs.gif

Huh? Leona looks tougher than she ever did. How is this "moe"?

Bh9ma.gif

Where is her mouth?

Somebody link that KoF MI Ash artwork that shows his sweet ass.
Surprised it's so many people's first time seeing Zappa...

And my contribution, Dandy J:
fBo6C.gif

Never noticed his muscles pumping up like that.

sakipon

OK, NON of the GIFs, stances or characters mentioned have stupid battle stances (except MAYBE the MK cast), this really must be a stealth 'awesome stances in fighting games' thread. Really I see nothing wrong with those stances.
Do you have any examples of stupid battle stances then? Or are you saying the history of gaming doesn't know of such a thing?

cajunator

Banned
Another one:

momoko-xi-stance.gif

Platinum the Trinity, Rachel Alucard and Litchi from Blaz Blue Continuum Shift Extend
XVYja.gif
EX2E6.gif
JEz66.gif

Lol at how serious most of the character's defense is with the stances being posted in this thread. Guard? What guard? Completely chilling is the new defense.

Some of these are surprisingly cute. I havent played a lot of fighting games, but I do like seeing the interesting/crazy stances.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
BulletFail2.jpg

Already don't like it, lol. It's like someone went to my dear Leona stance, and kicked her back in... and the heaving bosom keeps her from ever healing up again...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Already don't like it, lol. It's like someone went to my dear Leona stance, and kicked her back in... and the heaving bosom keeps her from ever healing up again...

I dunno. I think the crouched over, pouncing look works since she's supposed to be part cat.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Terry's stances in most games are like that, but IMO, his best stance is from Garou.
His CvSNK 2 stance is just a sped up ver. of this. In fact the only reason I can understand anyone not liking this stance is because of how slow it animates.

Oh I love his Garou stance. I just really dislike the KoF XIII one.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I dunno. I think the crouched over, pouncing look works since she's supposed to be part cat.

Yup, I wanna keep that in mind too, but it just looks so off-balance! I think I dislike the knock-knee'd portion of it the most. The idea of a pounce is sound, but the actual execution looks more on the side of "observing", rather than "combatitive", if that makes sense.

Oh, and on the "Terry in XII-onwards" front... I like more muscular Terry, seperates he and Andy from the normal skinny-boys of KoF like Kyo and Iori. Makes them look more like career fighters, rather than the "gifted youth" that is the KoF standard.

Also, I always thought Terry looked pretty build in the Real Bout games.

I can see how his new stance is a bit awkward, but it always has a hype "OK! Rhets GO!" Type feel to it, that fits Terry to a tee. Like a street-taught version of a boxing stance.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yup, I wanna keep that in mind too, but it just looks so off-balance! I think I dislike the knock-knee'd portion of it the most. The idea of a pounce is sound, but the actual execution looks more on the side of "observing", rather than "combatitive", if that makes sense.

Oh, and on the "Terry in XII-onwards" front... I like more muscular Terry, seperates he and Andy from the normal skinny-boys of KoF like Kyo and Iori. Makes them look more like career fighters, rather than the "gifted youth" that is the KoF standard.

Also, I always thought Terry looked pretty build in the Real Bout games.

I can see how his new stance is a bit awkward, but it always has a hype "OK! Rhets GO!" Type feel to it, that fits Terry to a tee. Like a street-taught version of a boxing stance.

Oh I don't mind the buffness (and pretty much prefer that look save for superroiders from team Ikari), it's the stance that really feels awkward.

Makes me wonder how some of the cast would be translated - like the other moe girl Hanako.

GhaleonQ

That's Ochamaru from Samurai Shodown 6.

Thank'y kindly!

I hate that the series is more well-known than my favorite, set in a later period, but there's no denying that Samurai Spirits has the coolest variety of characters in any series.

http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Ocha-Maro_Karakuri http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TjUE8yRTWo

1 of my all-time favorites was also introduced in that game. http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Andrew I'm pretty sure his stance would leave him instantly killed, though.

Andrewss6.gif

Later period.. Last Blade?

If so, i agree; though Samurai Spirits is so deliciously off the wall with designs and origin stories,i've definitely enjoyed the gameplay and aesthetic of Last Blade more so..

Top Bottom