• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which character has the stupidest battle stance in fighting games?

rvy

Banned
WPu9D.gif

Duo Lon from King of Fighters XII. What the heck is this? He looks so incredibly goofy, what with that bent left hand and right leg. It probably hurts more to stand like that than actually get hit by others. Besides, King of Fighters always had the weirdest battle stances for it's characters.

Duo Lon in action

What is that right leg doing?
KuGsj.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Just proves that SNK really put much thought in their early sprite work.

I really hate Terry's KoFXII/XIII's sprite.

terry_xii.gif

It's like he's jugging.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't mind Terry's now, but I hate how freaking muscle bound and huge they made him

He became a lot bigger in Mark of the Wolves. I feel like the KOFXIII sprite is a natural intermediate step between Fatal Fury Terry and Garou Terry.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I hate some of the sprite designs in KoFXIII - for instance, turning Athena, Yuri and Leona into moe-blobs.

Alx

Soul Calibur 5, Patroklos' stance is extremely goofy looking.

It doesn't look very convenient indeed, but it reminds me of the stance of the father in Lone Wolf and Cub. I can't find a good picture of it, but he's also holding the blade away from the opponent. (of course the sword techniques in LWaC may be completely invented too, but they don't look so ridiculous)

0.jpg

lwc129og.jpg
MEIFUMADO.png

N4Us

Chun Li's stance looks at least like it has a defensive martial arts stance compared to so many of the anime looking characters who seem to have less actual fighting stances and simply idle animations. She has one fist drawn back and the other forward, while having one leg forward than the other, allowing more weight to be placed on the back leg, making it easier to kick with the front leg. Looks a little bit like a Wing Chun stance.

I guess it's not really the stance in general that bothers me but that it looks so odd in the older art style. She looks like several different body parts pasted together.

IIRC she has the same stance in the Alpha series and it looks much better there.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
9rL7M.gif

Yes. Yes it was. He stylin and so is his duck.

snk-robert3.gif
snk-robert3.gif
snk-robert3.gif

Here, have some more.

Watching both of these with "Bright Lights Bigger City" playing in the background had me rolling. It's was like a 70s/80s dance party on my work laptop for a hot minute, there.

To contribute... I want to say some of guilty gears are kind of silly but all my mains stances are so boss i forget. Baiken and chip and venom <3

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Looks kind of like the level of the floor is changing, though, considering the inconsistent vertical height of said feet. Probably just a bad GIF...

Probably just a bad gif, yeah. I'm willing to bet she's supposed to have more of a bob, while in the gif her head is mostly stationary.

Too lazy to check against in game footage though.

Top Bottom