• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which character has the stupidest battle stance in fighting games?

NinjaBoiX

Another one:

momoko-xi-stance.gif
I love this! Beautifully animated.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Lots of those battle stances are not bad, some of them are really cool.

Do you know that rober garcia is ispired by steven seagal?
Steven.jpg

That gif reminds me a scene of one of his movies, but i don't know which one.

i used to think this was bad-ass because he can be so calm before he stabs you to death.

but it just looks dumb.

yamazaki-oarm.gif

Not really a stance. That's his prefight motion... Sorta like warming up.

The Yamazaki one isn't a stance either =_=

Yamazaki2003.gif
Hey! That Yamazaki is most badassesterest character ever!
This yamazaki is really stupid
Yamazaki-sprite4.gif

V_Arnold

Duo Lon's Stance is pretty much an exaggerated/modified/stylized wing-chun kung-fu stance as far as I understand that (practiced it for half a year, not much). He is also my main, so WTF :p

Regardless, Rufus comes to mind when thinking about bad stances. Go lose a pound or two first, champ :D

RoadDogg

Jack the Ripper from the Power Stone series crawls/jitters around like a bug. I can't find a gif it but you can find plenty of videos.

ScOULaris

These two are the most egregious, to me.

Duo Lon's foot is just all kinds of fucked up in terms of perspective. What the hell is going on with it? It looks like it's turned inward and balancing on the heel, but the angle and size of that foot is just re-donkulous.

And that Robert animation (I think it was from Battle Coliseum and KOF XI) is just awful on every level. It's poorly illustrated (why does he look like a greasy meth addict?) and I can't make any sense of his movements whatsoever. Utterly putrid.

Agate

Neo Member
What the fuck is this guy doing?
0.jpg

Out of all of them, this one is the most glaring. Might as well not have a shield with such a wide opening on the rest of the body. In terms of technicality that stance for me does not make sense..but its SC we are talking about here so..

These two are the most egregious, to me.

Duo Lon's foot is just all kinds of fucked up in terms of perspective. What the hell is going on with it? It looks like it's turned inward and balancing on the heel, but the angle and size of that foot is just re-donkulous.

Doesn't he canonically have a bum leg or something? I like the stance anyway.

Top Bottom