• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which 'moments' have to be recaptured in the FF VII remake?

24e0e6cc771836d615c9385c2e9485e5.jpg

Mr. X

On the other end, I want to slap fight to be remade into an actual fight. Like SF style. Tifa is a martial artist ffs.

Miang

Another scene where I always get goosebumps²³²³²³. Cosmo Canyon /Red's theme are so great.

Got the song running through my head right now lol.

I love Red XIII and it sucked he was barely in the Compilation, I want loads of Nanaki in this remake!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Definately the cross-dressing.

If they removed that awful train-yard sequence, I wouldn't complain.

SerTapTap

If there isn't a world map I'll be pissed. First getting access, then the "plane", then the airship. Nothing like it.

Aerith gon die. Can't retcon that shit.

Weapons. Doesn't have to be FMV but their appearance has to be awesome, in fact I hope they feature more in the story.

Also I hope they're not afraid to keep the goofy stuff.

Fuck the minigames though. That's like the one thing I want for sure gone.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Everything. But the most i want is crossdressing scene. Don't ever think about removing it SE!
And i hope they keep all the minigame. Heck, add more minigames!

How much of this stuff do you guys think will be cut out purely to do with them not being bale to afford to remake everything? You think they'll get most of it?

HD squats.

But really, the Gold Saucer has to appear in it's entirety. Little date with Tifa/Aerith/Yuffie/Barret, meeting Cait Sith and his hilariously shallow reason for joining your party, minigames, arena, desert prison. Everything.

Cidd

I wonder how much money and man power Square will pour into the remake. they better not hold back because this game will sell over 10 million easily.

Junahu

The world map. It's an integral facet of the original's pacing and scope, allowing the game to become a series of episodes that you walk between.
If they try to cull it completely, and make the game a linear path of events like FFX or FFXIII, its going to lose a lot of its magic. For one, leaving Midgar is going to feel so much more hollow, because you won't get a sense of how small the place really is compared to the rest of the world.

DR2K

Banned
Tifa taking care of a broken Cloud. I feel like those set of scenes defined her as a character the most to me.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I wonder how much money and man power Square will pour into the remake. they better not hold back because this game will sell over 10 million easily.

Whichever year this comes out, It will only be outsold by CoD and FIFA

-GOUKI-

I don't know why but I really want Costa del Sol to be remade very well. Always like that place because its such a light hearted area in a dark part of the game.

The whole Cosmo Canyon section.

The beautiful location, learning about the lore of the Planet, the section in the observatory with Bugenhagen explaining the Lifestream (imagine that in HD!) exploring the Gi cave (that could be super creepy in the remake), and Seto's redemption with DAT MUSIC

mLa7GwE.jpg

And also the whole fucking game.

Still can't believe it's real. We are in a universe where this is happening.

These two for me. Really interested how trying to fix Clouds mind will turn out. Just worried how the VA will affect the scenes.

And Aeris' death of course.

E-Cat

Not one "moment" per se, but the feeling of exploring the overworld. It being non-linear and all. Seeing Midgar nearing on the horizon. Please do not fuck it up a la FFX.

Also, "are we there yet?"

Dice//

Banned
I don't mind if they "edit" parts of the game to make a little more sense.

0258-Priscilla.png

I could see them ditching the stupid dolphin jump to having it merely show you a route in (than "jump" to it).

I still hope they have some sense of silliness. The Turks and Wutai sidequest being particularly amazing and practical.

TheGrue

So many...

The obvious ones would be Aerith's death, the church fall, essentially every single scene in Nibelheim, ... But I think the one I am looking for the most is the Gold Saucer. I want to be blown away by that.

What if...just what if....Aerith lives? Would that be just as shocking if you didn't know it was coming in this remake as when she died?

TuXx

There's just so many good moments in this game.

Square's gonna fuck this up, aren't they...

Zukuu

Banned
What if...just what if....Aerith lives? Would that be just as shocking if you didn't know it was coming in this remake as when she died?
You know what? I think they will block Sephiroth's fatal blow and let Cloud finish her off, controlled by Sephiroth. That would be shocking on a whole new level and would explain Clouds breakdown even more.

It's been so long that I don't even remember half of all that. Gonna bail, it's gonna be like spoilers for me now.

Overall though, I may be most excited about finally getting an updated soundtrack. While many songs have been arranged over the years, FF7 never got a comprehensive arranged soundtrack outside (mostly) Aeris, Main Theme and OWA.

Zukuu

Banned
Junon's parade. That's gonna be great. oh and the submarine.

I think the Submarine, Dolphin and Fort Condor are the minigames that they need to heavily redo. Those weren't very enjoyable. Junon's parade is on a similar level, but much more charming in a trashy way. They can keep that. :D

Top Bottom