• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which of these 12 Switch eShop games are you picking up this week?

Mr-Joker

Banned
Don't Knock Twice,
The Count Lucanor,
Revenant Saga,
Elliot Quest
Syberia,

Are going on my watch list and I will pick them up later down the line.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
None of them look particularly interesting.

Man, Switch really went from 0 to 60 in regards to a Steam-like glut of weekly software, hasn't it?

Jydge, for sure. Neon Chrome is one of the best twin stick shooters I've ever played, highly addictive.

Rogue Trooper and Don't Knock Twice depending on performance.

I intend on buying the entire Syberia collection in physical format, if I can find it. Though, when I reached out to Microids, they couldn't tell me where to preorder in NA. :(

Elliot Quest is a buy, once it goes on sale. Spleunker Party too.

maxcriden

Too many good games over the past few weeks. Elliott Quest looks like old school Kid Icarus so I'm drawn to that. I have no idea if it actually is like it though, so there's that.

Elliot Quest is more like Zelda II. It's absolutely amazing, too.

Here's a post I wrote on the game not long ago, BTW:

Oops, didn't know there was already a thread like this recently, my bad.
That Destructoid list is pretty good.

For the suggestions in this thread, I struggled to get past the first few hours of Okami (sorry!) and while I own 3D Dot Game Heroes, the blu-ray drive in my PS3 is dead so that's not an option...

I think I own Hyper Light Drifter thanks to PS PLUS, I'll give it a look. And Story of Thor, too, I vaguely remember that one.

NP at all! Just thought it would be a thread you'd be interested to see.

In the meantime, as long as I'm here, I'll post about my favorite Zelda-like:

(I'm going to post something I've previously posted in a thread about favorite game maps.)

I really, really like the map in Elliot Quest.

953545F2C06B9AE797F70C9D5A86C7AFF496E499

Screen-Shot-2014-06-10-at-10.52.00-PM.png

When you encounter an exclamation point, that means there's an area there.

tumblr_neosux7TSb1s8ouhxo4_500.gif

tumblr_nlksa4b9eK1tliyz4o5_r2_1280.gif

tumblr_neosux7TSb1s8ouhxo3_500.gif

get

You don't get the sense of it too well in this pic, but traversing across it is reminiscent of Golden Sun for me, but really it's more like a modern Zelda II. Gah. It's so good. Traversing it just feels great with so many hidden secrets and areas. Here's part of my GOTY write-up for it:

Here's why this is such a terrific game. I've only played bits and pieces of Zelda II but if ever someone wanted to see how a Zelda game would work as a 2D sidescroller, Elliot Quest is their game. So, everything about this game is a wondrously emblematic of a lucid world brought to life. The character and enemy design is unique but has that unmistakable je ne sais quoi of the Zelda genre. The action is tight and thoughtful and responsive. The puzzles are bewitching but never frustrating. The music is delightful and memorably grand. The most important thing is game feel, though, and just playing EQ feels terrific. You become Elliot. This is what I want from a game. To be transported into a world, to be the character--to be the "Link" into their world, if you will. EQ offers and delivers this in spades. It's the best Zelda game Nintendo never published, and I can't recommend it heartily enough.

PrimeBeef

The only one that I would be interested in is Elliot Quest but I already own it on PC. So if I had a Switch the answer would be none of them.

Jonneh, congratulations, I think you just sold me on Don't Knock Twice. Never heard of the game before this thread and I just looked it up, looks pretty good.

For some reason it's not showing up in the (US) eshop Coming Soon page though.

Might also pick up Volgarr the Viking, I feel like it might scratch that Dark Souls itch a bit.

Velkyn

Lucanor, Eliott Quest and Syberia, probably, but in practise I'll just pick one up and wait for Mario next week.

Surfside

Banned
I'm interested in Syberia. I played it years ago. It's a very nice point&click adventure. I currently possess it on the playstore but it's very buggy, at least on my phone.

Just the price is a little high right now.

Regiruler

None. My Switch eShop anticipates are the following:
Dimension Drive
Zero Gunner 2
Icey
Pocket Rumble (if this thing ever comes out)

Jonneh, congratulations, I think you just sold me on Don't Knock Twice. Never heard of the game before this thread and I just looked it up, looks pretty good.

For some reason it's not showing up in the (US) eshop Coming Soon page though.

Might also pick up Volgarr the Viking, I feel like it might scratch that Dark Souls itch a bit.

I'll also be picking up Don't Knock Twice! It fills a nice gap.

ryushe

Elliot Quest is more like Zelda II. It's absolutely amazing, too.

Here's a post I wrote on the game not long ago, BTW:

NP at all! Just thought it would be a thread you'd be interested to see.

In the meantime, as long as I'm here, I'll post about my favorite Zelda-like:

(I'm going to post something I've previously posted in a thread about favorite game maps.)

I really, really like the map in Elliot Quest.

953545F2C06B9AE797F70C9D5A86C7AFF496E499

Screen-Shot-2014-06-10-at-10.52.00-PM.png

When you encounter an exclamation point, that means there's an area there.

tumblr_neosux7TSb1s8ouhxo4_500.gif

tumblr_nlksa4b9eK1tliyz4o5_r2_1280.gif

tumblr_neosux7TSb1s8ouhxo3_500.gif

get

You don't get the sense of it too well in this pic, but traversing across it is reminiscent of Golden Sun for me, but really it's more like a modern Zelda II. Gah. It's so good. Traversing it just feels great with so many hidden secrets and areas. Here's part of my GOTY write-up for it:
Huh.. I might just have to check this out. Thanks!

Will probably get Jackbox 4 at some point, but not getting anything a week before Odyssey comes out. That way backlog lies.

tebunker

Banned
There's four or five games on that list I'm interested in, but honestly, my Switch backlog is so large at this point that I think I'm going to take an eShop break until next month at the earliest.

I'm most interested in Rogue Trooper Redux, Spelunker Party (loved the demo) and Elliot Quest though. I actually bought Elliot Quest on Wii U but never got around to playing it lol

I am kind of the same boat. Except I want to go back and get some earlier releases.

jariw

Do we know that these are the "only" eShop indies this week? I read that Splasher has now been approved, so isn't there still a possibility for late additions, like in the previous weeks?

None. Shame that there's no VC, because I would've drained my bank account for Resi 4, Mario Galaxy etc.

SteamWorld Dig 2 looks very interesting though.

Mr. Robot

I was thinking about something for 4 players, can anyone that have played Neon Chrome and JYDGE tell which is better on coop, since they are made by the same dev.

brinstar

None, I haven't gotten golf story, oxenfree and axiom verge yet so those will be my next purchases along with mario and fe warriors

Always did want to try Elliot Quest, but I don't think I'll pick up anything. I'd more likely get something I missed out on when it released like Oxenfree or Thimbleweed Park.

Opa-Pa

Wow, I had no idea Elliot was coming to Switch, and I was thinking of getting it for 3DS some days ago. Nice!

I can't buy anymore. It's just too much! I can't remember the last time there were so many games to buy. The Switch has been out for only 7 months and this is crazy.

Dude, the Switch is killing me right now. I might have to get The Count Lucanor and Don't Knock Twice.

Syberia is also a true classic, but I already have that on steam and I know I won't have time to play it right now.

PetrCobra

None this week. Just finished SWD2, might have time to complete golf story before Mario

Pssst... did you actually, like, completely finish it? If you're not sure, you probably didn't!

Anyway, that Elliot Quest game does look nice, I'm convinced by this thread that I should probably buy it. First, however, I'll have to check my Wii U if I haven't already bought it there.

Rogue Trooper if it has motion controls similarly to the Wii version. I think there are still no official information about this.

And of course FE Warriors.

None.
I need to play Shadow of War and South Park right now, saving my switch-love for Mario at the end of the month... and maybe FE Warriors.

Top Bottom