• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which of these 12 Switch eShop games are you picking up this week?

Rogue Trooper Redux - releases on the 17th for £19.99
A pioneering tactical shooter and landmark comic book adaptation,
Rogue Trooper is back, remastered and revitalized in true high
definition.
3201155-rt.jpg

Don't Knock Twice - releases on the 17th for £9.99
Don't Knock Twice is a first-person horror game based on a psychologically terrifying urban legend. To save her estranged daughter,a guilt-ridden mother must uncover the frightening truth behind the urban tale of a vengeful, demonic witch.

Explore a grand manor house and interact with almost every object you see. To find and save your daughter, you will explore all depths of the manor, searching for hidden clues and using items to fight or escape the terror that surrounds you. The game is based on the film, Don't Knock Twice, starring Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica) and directed by Caradog James (The Machine).
The Count Lucanor - Releases on the 18th for £11.99
Once upon a time, there was a poor boy named Hans who lived with his mother near the woods. On his birthday, the boy had no presents nor sweets. He got so upset he decided to leave home for good. Before he left, his mother gave him his grandfather's cane, some cheese and three pieces of gold. Hans walked into the forest in search of adventure. Soon it was night and the boy was really scared, so he tried to go back. But then, a quaint kobold happened to cross his path and Hans decided to follow him to a castle. The kobold told him he would inherit great wealth if he passed a simple trial... guessing his name. Trapped in the castle, Hans will live a spooky mystery, fantasy and horror adventure to become the new Count Lucanor.
Putty Pals - Releases on the 18th for £7.50
Two adorable bouncing blobs are lost far from home, and only teamwork, communication and a whole lot of hilarious mistakes will guide them back. Sitting side-by-side on the couch, you and a friend will glide, bounce, squish and swing your way through a vibrant cartoon landscape, solving puzzles, avoiding danger and uncovering hidden secrets.
Jackbox Party Pack 4 releases on the 19th for £19.99
The biggest and fourthiest addition to this storied party game franchise features not five but FIVE AND A HALF crowd-slaying games!

The blanking fun sequel Fibbage 3 (2-8 players). Play all-new question types and the game mode Fibbage: Enough About You (3-8 players). Guess the weird facts about your friends.
The web-based frame game Survive the Internet (3-8 players). Twist your friends' "online" comments in hilarious ways.
The spooky date-a-thon Monster Seeking Monster (3-7 players). Message and date fellow monsters with special powers.
The deranged debate match Bracketeering (3-16 players). Place smart bets on stupid arguments.
The one-up art game Civic Doodle (3-8 players). Compete to improve the town murals.

Play using your phones, tablets or computers. No extra controllers needed!
Super Ping Pong Trick Shot - Releases on the 19th for £4.49
Test your ball-throwing skills across a variety of challenges as you attempt to throw a ball into a cup on the other side of the screen.

Fling the ball at just the right trajectory and power to make it land inside the cup. Use items such as warp holes, trampolines and moving platforms to overcome seemingly impossible levels. Challenge your throwing skills across four game modes – Score Attack, Mission Mode, Challenge Mode and Time Attack.
JYDGE - Releases on the 19th for £12.99
Build your JYDGE. Enter Edenbyrg. Get out alive. JYDGE is a lawful but awful roguehate top-down shooter where you get to build your own cybernetic JYDGE and eradicate crime in the never-sleeping megacity of Edenbyrg.

Create your own play style by augmenting your JYDGE, modifying your Gavel rifle, and choosing fearless companions to suit the tasks at hand.
Elliot Quest - Releases on the 19th for $9.99 (not listed on the UK eShop yet)
After Elliot's wife disappears, he falls sick and attempts to take his own life--only to discovers that he can't die. Plagued by nightmares and growing weaker by the day, Elliot seeks out a local Sage, who tells him that he's the victim of a rare curse. A demon called a Satar is slowly consuming Elliot's vitality. If Elliot can't find a cure to the curse before it's too late, he too will become a Satar. His only hope is to ask for the help of one of the island's Guardians, who have kept the Satar from taking over Urele.

Explore a vibrant open-world filled with hidden secrets and mysterious Guardians that can help cure Elliot's curse of immortality. Throughout this adventure you'll collect countless abilities and spells, quest through 5 dungeons and defeat 16 unique bosses along your way to unlocking multiple endings.
Party Golf Releases on the 19th for £13.49
Tee off simultaneously to a psychedelic 2D world, with satisfyingly simple physics, except it's a frenetic free-for-all to get in the hole. It's instant fun with endless variety; there are trillions of gameplay combinations, from giant banana balls to turbo power-ups. This spontaneous couch party may drive a wedge between friends, but have everyone shouting ”just one more round!"
Revenant Saga - Releases on the 19th for £11.69
Become a Revenant and find the truth beyond revenge in this gothic fantasy RPG with stunning 3D battles!

After being turned into an immortal being known as a Revenant and learning of the existence of a demon within him, Albert sets out on a journey to make the person who did this to him pay with their very life. However, as he runs into others dealing with their own figurative demons along the way, will he find the answer?

Boasting a story that blurs the lines between good and evil, and plenty of content to go around, this is one title not to be missed! This includes a variety of unique sub-quests, in-battle transformation systems, as well as a weapon forging system, allowing players to make entirely unique weapons as they battle in turn-based battles with 3D animation!
Spelunker Party - Releases on the 19th for £24.99
Go on a Journey to the underground with your buddies! Spelunker Party! is now on Nintendo Switch!

Offline and online* co-op multiplayer for up to 4 players! Power-up your characters by customising them with various costumes and items!

A variety of adorable pets are also here to help you on your adventure! Time Attack, Quests and more! Enjoy Spelunker Party! together!
Syberia - Launches on the 20th for £26.99
Kate Walker, a young New York attorney, is sent by her law firm to the small French village of Valadilène. Her mission: complete negotiations for the purchase of an automaton factory on behalf of a large multinational. She has no idea what the future holds in store for her...

Join Kate Walker on an extraordinary journey that takes her all the way from Western Europe to the far reaches of Eastern Russia. You will come across a host of endearing characters and incredible locations as you search for traces of Hans Voralberg, the genius inventor of the automatons. It is a search that will take you to the legendary island of Syberia, in the far North of the continent, where the last living mammoths reside, hidden from modern eyes...

Left out Fire Emblem Warriors and The Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game due to their AAA nature, let's keep this about eShop only games!

There's four or five games on that list I'm interested in, but honestly, my Switch backlog is so large at this point that I think I'm going to take an eShop break until next month at the earliest.

I'm most interested in Rogue Trooper Redux, Spelunker Party (loved the demo) and Elliot Quest though. I actually bought Elliot Quest on Wii U but never got around to playing it lol

Renna Hazel

I'm interested in all of the co-op games listed but not sold on any of them. I'll wait for impressions before making any purchases this week.

hobozero

Build your JYDGE. Enter Edenbyrg. Get out alive. JYDGE is a lawful but awful roguehate top-down shooter

Huh. I don't think a game description ever caused me actual physical pain before. That's new.

gogojira

Too many good games over the past few weeks. Elliott Quest looks like old school Kid Icarus so I'm drawn to that. I have no idea if it actually is like it though, so there's that.

Marvie_3

Banned
Several of those look like something I'll buy down the road but I just dont have time for any additional games right now.

ghibli99

Don't think I'll be picking up any. Just waiting for SMO, and I'm grabbing GT Sport tomorrow. Not even sure how I'm going to have time for those since I just started playing Persona 5 again. :p I feel like the Switch is getting too many indies, even though that's a weird thing to say. More is usually better, but I can't even keep them all straight in my head.

Jackbox 4!

I own 1-3 on PS4, but Switch makes the most sense going forward.

Really excited, although a shame they wasted a spot on a THIRD Fibbage. Guesspionage 2 or Bidiots 2 would have been a better choice imo.

Revenant Saga is the only one I am interested in, but I will probably pass for now. Far too many games coming in the next 2 months for Switch/PS4 that I am already buying so I will probably hold off from adding anything to that list for now.

Sure is a busy time. I just put 25 hours into Fire Emblem Warriors and getting ready for Odyssey. Then Skyrim, LA Noire and Doom within a week of each other...then Sonic Forces and RiME a week after.

is syberia just the first game that was released back in 2002? if so, 27 pounds is a crazy price.

I think thats a by product of it being a retail release, releasing for less than that is difficult at retail due to cartridge costs and so far only axiom verge seems to have had the balls to release at a lower price digital than reatail (without chucking in goodies)

watership

Oh wow, Syberia. I loved that game, 15 years ago. That price works out to be 40 dollars Canadian. That's insane that they're charging that much.

Top Bottom