• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are there no good dinosaur games?

Everyone mentioning the most vague dinosaur references are doing it wrong. Yoshi? Grimlock? Futuristic shit?

I want a dinosaur game with the free running of Assassin's Creed, with the combat of Dark Souls. I want to be a deinonychus surveying the land ahead of me with colored odor indicators warning of larger predators and rivals and also indicating the location of prey. Managing the upwind/downwind system is crucial to survival. I want to race through the jungle, hooking my sickle claw onto tree limbs and jump from tree to tree and glide to the ground (or on top of prey) with my feathered arms.

What the fuck why can't I play this?

Edit: I have a son who's almost 3 and we play dinosaurs. I can't help but think of gameplay as my right hand dino tears apart the one in my left. Wash would be so proud. RIP, leaf on the wind...

Oreoleo

Everyone mentioning the most vague dinosaur references are doing it wrong. Yoshi? Grimlock? Futuristic shit?

I'm guessing most people just read the title "Hey, dinosaurs!" and decided to post their most tangentially dinosaur-related game that's 10-20 years old instead of actually reading the OP and having a discussion about what a current dinosaur game should entail or why no one has made one yet.

GAF gonna GAF, I guess.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I used to keep renting this out, over and over, when i was a kid. This game was seriously awesome and the first person sections scared the piss out of me.

EDIT: It's probably just pure nostalgia, but i love this track too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1EGNaPTACc&fmt=18

oh fuck yes, Jurassic Park for the Snes was one excellent game, although it featured no save points and some wonky night goggles' vision. But tracks like the one you posted helped create a palpable atmosphere and even though I was mostly clueless about what to do most of the time, it's one of those games you just loved to play for the heck of it

ALL the OST was golden, even the elevator music, reminds me of the Nintendo menu jingles, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoxIFOoEBn0

Top Bottom