• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is Red Lobster so expensive?

Stouffers

Banned
A double order of popcorn shrimp, fries, 2 cheddar bay biscuits and a slice of Wave Chocolate cake is like $27. Absolute horse shit.

10 years ago, that would’ve be $15 tops. What makes it even worse, decent online coupons are impossible to find.

Can anyone explain how they’re able to get away with this shit?

Stouffers

Banned
Last time I was there, the lobster was so small, they need to change the name of the restaurant to Red Scorpion.

sjvjO.gif

Blade2.0

A double order of popcorn shrimp, fries, 2 cheddar bay biscuits and a slice of Wave Chocolate cake is like $27. Absolute horse shit.

10 years ago, that would’ve be $15 tops. What makes it even worse, decent online coupons are impossible to find.

Capitalism and inflation my friend.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Did you eat there?

Calcium

Banned
You made the mistake of going to Red Lobster and only ate two cheddar bay biscuits? What's wrong with you?

Blade2.0

Don't you all hate when something is called a Family Feast, but you know that it serves you alone quite well??? Or is that just my fat ass?

Honestly, a dinner for two coming in at less than 30 bucks is pretty good.

But don't eat there.
When the fuck did he say that was for 2 people?

Last edited:

Quasicat

I usually go to our Red Lobster on Mondays to get their endless shrimp special. I get by with the full meal and 20% tip for $22. For me, that’s totally acceptable, but avoid the place other days since their prices are high for a meal.

Unfortunately, their days are probably numbered, as they have a $355 million loan due in May and I can’t imagine they will cover it considering what COVID is doing to the restaurant industry as a whole.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I usually go to our Red Lobster on Mondays to get their endless shrimp special. I get by with the full meal and 20% tip for $22. For me, that’s totally acceptable, but avoid the place other days since their prices are high for a meal.

Unfortunately, their days are probably numbered, as they have a $355 million loan due in May and I can’t imagine they will cover it considering what COVID is doing to the restaurant industry as a whole.
Not to worry, you’ll be able to go to AmazonBasicsShrimp starting in late 2021.

Rival

Gold Member
Buy yourself an air fryer and some seapak shrimp if you are going to red lobster for shrimp. You’ll get a better quality product and save money after only a few meals. They sell the cheddar biscuit mix in stores as well and they are super easy to make and cheap.

I'm amazed this thread even exists. America is the only place where people can't complain about food prices because a nickel can get you 2-3 frozen burritos. Don't @ me on that one.

Raven117

Don't you all hate when something is called a Family Feast, but you know that it serves you alone quite well??? Or is that just my fat ass?

When the fuck did he say that was for 2 people?
Misread. Saw the "double shrimp."

At least I'm not the moron who spent 27 bucks at Red Lobster.

Is that the place where all of the chairs have wheels on them for old people? Or am I confusing it with another senior restaurant like Olive Garden?

buizel

Banned
That seems cheap. Why is OP poor?

probably came from a poor background abused by his parents

dad was a crack dealer mother was a whore

he knew nothing but the streets since he was 5 months old, started pedling opiates before he said his first word

memories of the sad corner of a needle infested room and the cold stare of his reflection from the bottom of another bottle creep into his waking dreams every single night

THATS why hes poor, u happy NOW???

Raven117

I'm amazed this thread even exists. America is the only place where people can't complain about food prices because a nickel can get you 2-3 frozen burritos. Don't @ me on that one.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The difference is that in other countries, you can get cheap food that is not super bad for you. In the U.S. cheap food, (mixed with the convenience), is extremely unhealthy.

Reallink

Nowhere near as bad as Olive Garden, who charges $19+ to microwave a plate of frozen pasta and frozen sauce. I have gotten ravioli there that was still iced on the inside. Even bad seafood costs substantially more to produce than mass manufactured pasta and sauce.

Last edited:

CZY

Used to get the ultimate feast back in the day when in was $19.95 or something. Maybe even $18-something. Last time I went it was $27 and at that price it's literally not even enough food. I could eat two. Fuck off $30. Those biscuits are still money though. And they make a very decent clam chowder as far as shitty chains go.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The difference is that in other countries, you can get cheap food that is not super bad for you. In the U.S. cheap food, (mixed with the convenience), is extremely unhealthy.
Beggars can't be choosers.

teezzy teezzy ate an entire shrimp ring for about a quarter of the price. You rube.

Liljagare

It is wierd, considering the lobsters are undersized, and they tend to overcook verything. But, if you look at the general prices on seafood, which has been skyrocketing since the 90's, Red Lobster is still pretty cheap.

It just sucks they can't cook their stuff properly anymore, it's always waaaaay over cooked.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member

oRNoVrO.gif

Tschumi

Funny thought, early settlers on the east coast of the US damn near starved despite being surrounded by waters full of lobster - they thought it was a nasty meal

notseqi

never tried it, how good is the food?
Are the prices because of the food or the front that you're eating expensive fast food sitting down, which is what I suppose Red Lobster is?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I’m sure I just have a gutter palette but I’ve never had a bad meal at Red Lobster. Honestly that one two combo of cheddar bay biscuits and a Caesar salad is just as good as Olive Garden’s breadsticks and Zuppe Tuscana. I don’t even know why people bother with appetizers at either place when the actual appetizers are included with the meal!

HotPocket69

Banned
Last time I was there, the lobster was so small, they need to change the name of the restaurant to Red Scorpion.

Nice Nick DiPaolo joke steal 👍🏻

Also

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned

You still went didn't you? Mystery solved.

From my limited experience Red Lobsters thrive where there is no viable alternative for the cuisine they provide. If you get away from the coasts you won't find independent seafood restaurants anywhere but the largest cities. Each region will have a Red Lobster in one of its mid-sized cities and people will drive into town once or twice a year to eat there as a special event.

Last edited:

TheContact

i imagine because they have to import the lobsters / seafood and also keeping them frozen during and after shipping is expensive. lobster is easily my favorite food of all time though, but red lobster sucks

notseqi

i imagine because they have to import the lobsters / seafood and also keeping them frozen during and after shipping is expensive. lobster is easily my favorite food of all time though, but red lobster sucks
Typical. They come over here, don't learn our language, take our lobsters jobs...

Top Bottom