• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U eShop Launch List: 23 digital titles/pricing (retail & indie)

Yesterday I bought NSMBU on the eshop and I thought I was supposed to get a $5 credit but when I look at my account balance I don't see anything. Did I misunderstand how the digital rebate works or is the $5 located elsewhere?

Did they update the ordinary Wii Shop to work with new eshop cards, or do you have to find yourself remaining Wii points if you still want something from Virtual Console?

TheExodu5

Banned
I didn't realize not all games are going to be digital...it's going to be a bit annoying if I have to purchase retail copies for some games I want.

did Rayman legends even come out? I did't see it in stores and I know when it was announced you can only play as Murphy in single player they took a ton of heat for that (and rightfully so)

wrowa

did Rayman legends even come out? I did't see it in stores and I know when it was announced you can only play as Murphy in single player they took a ton of heat for that (and rightfully so)

It's funny how this went totally out of control. No one ever said that you exclusively play as Murphy. The first statement was a "good portion" of it (but less than 50%). The last statement was 80% Rayman, I believe, so it seems they are indeed working on it.

It's funny how this went totally out of control. No one ever said that you exclusively play as Murphy. The first statement was a "good portion" of it (but less than 50%). The last statement was 80% Rayman, I believe, so it seems they are indeed working on it.
After playing the demo I was completely turned off by playin Murphy and having to look at the game pad as opposed to playing the platformer everyone wants and actually seeing those beautiful graphics

I know that Nintendo can't force publishers to lower their digital prices (or chooses not to), but Nintendo themselves should lead by example and price their DD games 10% lower. Digital download should always be cheaper than retail. Then it will be up to publishers to sink or swim.

oatmeal

Banned
Are they goign to stick to the same weekly schedule that they have been?

I hope they do sales. Steam sales bring in a ton of money to devs I'd imagine. So many people buy games during those sales...more than they can possibly play.

Pociask

It needs to work like the 360. When you buy you get two licenses. One system and one account that way it works as long as one of those things is present.

Yes. I am all about the Nintendo that marches to the beat of its own drummer. But I'd at least like them to know what the other drummers are doing.

Risking mixed metaphors, they've don't have to reinvent the wheel when they design a game console. Some of these things, like accounts, are solved problems. Just take it and copy it.

How is the gameplay? In the style of Goo or completely different?

Completely different. The entire game takes place in a fire place, where you have to burn certain combinations of items you've bought or were given to earn points and money to get more catalogs to order more things to burn.

You advance in the game buy unlocking catalogs. You need to achieve a specific amount of burn combos before unlocking the next catalog. You're giving a list of the names or riddles of the combos that will earn you points like "bad teeth combo" and you have to figure out what that means.

Glass Joe

So Nano Assault Neo is a good bit of fun. Would love some Trine 2 impressions if anyone picked that up. I know nothing about the game other than the screen shots are pretty, but at $20 a review would help.

Madn

Completely different. The entire game takes place in a fire place, where you have to burn certain combinations of items you've bought or were given to earn points and money to get more catalogs to order more things to burn.

You advance in the game buy unlocking catalogs. You need to achieve a specific amount of burn combos before unlocking the next catalog. You're giving a list of the names or riddles of the combos that will earn you points like "bad teeth combo" and you have to figure out what that means.

Thanks! It sounds confusing but I guess I'll get it. I love these guys' games

Des0lar

will learn eventually
So Nano Assault Neo is a good bit of fun. Would love some Trine 2 impressions if anyone picked that up. I know nothing about the game other than the screen shots are pretty, but at $20 a review would help.

There is a Trine 2 thread here on Neogaf, but I guess you are looking for Wii U version reviews in particular?

CrisKre

Trine 2 is the best download so far IMO. It looks and plays amazingly well and the touchscreen commands work like a charm. Def recommend it.

smr00

Banned
So are there cards that I can use for the eShop? Do the 3ds cards work?
When i went to Best Buy earlier i picked up one for $50.

It said "For Wii-U And 3DS Only" and came in $20, $35 and $50. I have NO idea what to buy.. The Inferno/Aurora and Switch Force just don't look interesting to me and i already own Trine 2 on like 9 different platforms. Nano Assault looks neat but i am afraid it's just going to be a mediocre version of Stardust HD. Is Nano any good? Sonic Racing worth picking up? Does it have REAL online multiplayer? Or should i just throw another $10 on and pick up ZombiU or Scribble?

Medalion

Banned
Am in the process of downloading Trine 2 as we speak from the EShop

I was able to use 3DS Prepaid cards to get this

The game is under 2GB's and is $20

Can't wait to play this sumbitch

Since it's keeps some relation. Has anyone or place made any comparison of loading times between disks versions are digital distributed ones?

This would be really interesting.

DarkWish

Maybe this thread is better suited for my question. Does anyone know if saves are compatible between physical and digital copies of Wii U games?

With the 3DS, I know they aren't (until Nintendo releases that tool), but that's because saves are on the cartridge. But Wii U stores saves on the system or hard drive. I'm wondering if they're compatible so that I can trade in my disks and go all digital.

Yuripaw

Banned
Jesus, two hour and five minute install for AC3
Takes 17gb

Wow, that is pretty big considering only got 32gb at the moment. I do have a 250gb hdd i was thinking about using for my wii u, but I haven't decided how all out Im gonna go with the digital stuff yet.

2 hours 5 mins isn't too bad though for such a big game.

Medalion

Banned
This Trine 2 is under 2GB's just about... and it's taking almost the same amount of time it took to download the day 1 patch

It even errored out on me once, but it picked up from where it left off luckily

Does ms have some sort of patent that keeps Sony and Nintendo from being able to just download instead of download and then install or something?

After the 6 hours of downloading and two hours of installing, I just have to download and install the day one patch. The future of gaming!

Kyzer

Banned
Does ms have some sort of patent that keeps Sony and Nintendo from being able to just download instead of download and then install or something?

After the 6 hours of downloading and two hours of installing, I just have to download and install the day one patch. The future of gaming!

I think thats what it is too

Top Bottom