• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you buy/renew your PS Plus membership now prices have increased.

Will you buy or renew your membership?

• Yes. I don't care

• Hell no

• Not sure yet

• I don't have PS Plus

Results are only viewable after voting.

AGRacing

No. Infact...

I'm listing my PS5 today.
If you're in the Calgary area and are interested in a mint condition PS5 & VR2 for a good price message me.

I voted not sure yet. I don’t mind paying, but the value has to be there. They need to put their first party on there day one, or I’ll probably let it lapse.

Leonidas

Absolutely not.

I got my current 1-Year Extra sub at $60.

It ends Q1 2024. I won't be renewing at over double the price.

Even though I'll probably beat 30 games by the time the sub ends, I don't think it's worth more then $60-$70 for a year.

I might as well just sell the PS5 when my subscription ends while it still holds value.

Last edited:

Brigandier

For such a price hike I assume that the service quality of choice and library will be improved by equal percentages????

I honestly think that's a disgraceful increase.

Hudo

Weird move by Sony. They are currently selling quite a lot of PS5s, i.e. a lot of potential subscribers to lock into the ecosystem. Now would be the time to use that momentum and at the very least hold the prices steady and make some enticing offers to new subscribers. But then again, I don't have a MBA, so what do I know.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I never had PS-Plus in the first place, most games that comes on PS-Plus are either already have it or I have no interest in playing them and I dont play online games.....so I have use for it.

Last edited:
I have no clue what's going on with sony! Jimbo is running it into the ground. Price increase , shite shows nothing to show u have literally Microsoft buying there way through and sony is not just doing nothing

bitbydeath

Voted, not sure yet.
Will wait and see what the Australian prices are. Maybe it’s time to just drop gaming altogether. New game releases already don’t feel worth the asking price here.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I cancelled as soon as it became more than PS+. It's fucked up back in the day, it's is worst now

Killer8

I stocked up on another 2 years before the price hike, so i'm good till 2026. When the time comes to renew, i'll probably only do so when there is a Days of Play or a holiday deal, which there always is every year. I can do without for a few months till that happens.

I've got so much of my library from the PS+ monthly games that I can't see myself turning my back on it.

twilo99

I have no clue what's going on with sony! Jimbo is running it into the ground. Price increase , shite shows nothing to show u have literally Microsoft buying there way through and sony is not just doing nothing

What? They are killing it out there and you still have two huge games coming soon

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I don't own a PS5, but i honestly doubt all the people saying "i'm out" will actually quit. You need these subs for any sort of online gaming and the types of people who pay for online likely don't have a PC and don't want one to such an extent they'd rather pay monthly than buy one, so.....

Also, the 'classics' playstation advertises can all be emulated on PC. If you didn't know/ do that already i don't think you will go to PC anyways.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sold my PS5 3 months or so ago. Was going to re-buy the slit version. Was 50/50 on that. Truly CBA now.

Steam Deck @ £310 will be the next hardware I buy. No online fees.

Happy to stick with Nintendo whilst their online is available for £12 or £24, but if they try to bump that too much for Switch 2 I’ll probably ditch that as well.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Sony decided to increase their prices for PS Plus with an astronomical 33% for all tiers. Prices are changing within a week:

$20 increase for essential. $59.99 -> $79.99
$35 increase for extra. $99.99 -> $134.99
$40 increase for premium. $119.99 -> $159.99

Considering I bought the premium for the classics library and how poor it has been so far (compared to the vast Playstation library) I can say Sony can eat it and I'm not renewing.
Wait what!!???

When this happend?

Sleepwalker

I have 267 days left on my current sub, I will probably not re subscribe unless they start doing 50% off during black friday instead of 25% off.

Ozriel

M$FT
Yes. PS Plus Extra is a solid deal. Lots of cool games to play.

Helped me recoup some costs since I could sell my copies of Miles Morales, Ratchet and Demon Souls.

I have no idea why anyone subs to Premium, though. Unless they throw open cloud streaming to the masses.

Sony needs to add PSVR2 games to the list, though. My headset is gathering dust...

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I seriously doubt this will dramatically effect their membership numbers.

Yelling is always loud online for stuff like Netflix, and then low and behold their sub numbers go up just about every quarter.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Steam Deck @ £310 will be the next hardware I buy. No online fees.
Real.

Son Of A Bitch Arnold GIF by Ben L

there is a 100 dollar fee if you want actually good storage space though 🙃

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

I only buy the sub during Black Friday or a comparable sale, so I’ll have to see how much of a difference it is compared to what I was paying before.

DragonNCM

At this prices....I cant justify getting PS premium.....for 20$ more I will get GP ultimate with day 1 first party games.
Sorry Sony you will be my second console soon.......for first party games when they drop on sale.

Virex

Banned
Typical Sony under Ryan move.

Disgusting and not a good value.

$80 to play online on PS.

Free to play online on PC.

I hate to say it, but I feel like I may end up making the move before too long…
Playstation needs another start of PS3 era generation

bender

What time is it?
Happier than ever that the upgrade from PS+ to Premium capped off at $150. I'm set until July of 2032.

I only get Playstation Plus Essential. The last two times it has come up for renewal I got an automated half price offer, so ended up buying yet again.

AREYOUOKAY?

I’ll continue to do what I’ve been doing after Sony added paid online starting with the PS4 and play multiplayer games on Steam instead. The only good and thankfully free online thing I’ve done on the PS4 was the Gravity Rush treasure hunting and of course they had to shut it down.

Last edited:

Vandole

I dropped Plus six or seven months ago, and the only reason I didn't drop it sooner was because it accidentally forgot to deactivate the auto renew. There's a couple games I have in my library that I'll miss not having access to, but I haven't done much online gaming in quite some time so it just didn't make sense to keep it. Somehow I've managed to survive without it, and at these prices I'm sure I'll continue to do so.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I canceled mine today but I’m good till May so it doesn’t mean much. I will also stay with my ps5 for this Gen on a case by case basis but I’m thinking to jump ship before ps6.

In Canada, extra is going to be around 180, so 1440 over an 8 year generation. That, plus a ps5, plus accessories comes to around 2300 and then you start buying games.

I could buy a 4090 for that much. I’m not sure a ps6 would even catch up to that, I doubt it in fact.

It just stops making sense at a certain point.

theHFIC

I'll keep my Extra tier. I am not happy with the price increase, but in the end it's about the cost of two games and I know I have gotten a lot more than two games worth of play from the service over the last 365 days. I think I only purchased 3 completely new PS5 games this year outside of the monthly freebies.

GrayDock

I'm good (essential) till December 2026, so, for a while, I'm not worried. But will only buy on sales, like I always did.

Power Pro

This is true.
I doubt this will change anything or have any notable effect on subscription numbers.
Their main customer isn't "hardcore gamers" on forums. It's the people playing Fifa and COD that aren't going to stop doing those things or buy/build a PC because of a $1,7 monthly increase.

As long as Sony continues being the default HD console with no strong competition they can basically "get away" with anything they want. Wouldn't be surprised if they raise the prices again in 1-2 years if some of their GAAS become a hit.
This is such a sad but true fact. We, that is those of us who have real passion for the hobby, are the minority and don't determine the future of it.

I know this mentality can come off as "grr, stop liking what I don't like", but it's bad for both sides. People who aren't tuned into the industry don't give a shit that they get fucked up the ass with greedy practices, and those of us who do care will still feel the brunt of it because we're the minority. I would like to think that even the fifa or COD players would stop and think "this is too expensive", but at the same time I'm of the mind that most people in the world are stupid, and sadly a lot of the people who pay into those games have more money then sense.

Housh

The price hike made me reflect my use and I'm downgrading to PS Essentials. Also, buying most of my multiplatform games on Steam these days anyways.

GreatnessRD

I last had PS+ in 2019. Seems like a I made the correct decision. Sorry to see Sony (And the big corps) once again finessing the community. I still pray that one day, the community will stand up for itself and not just go along with the motions.

Perplexed at the price increase for Essential. It's the bare minimum subscription offering cloud saves and online multiplayer with 3 games and even that needed a massive $20 increase, sigh.

SJRB

Gold Member
Increasing the price with 25% without adding literally anything to warrant that increase doesn't really incentivize me to stay subscribed.

Sony, you dumb fucks.

Top Bottom