• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you buy/renew your PS Plus membership now prices have increased.

Will you buy or renew your membership?

• Yes. I don't care

• Hell no

• Not sure yet

• I don't have PS Plus

Results are only viewable after voting.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Yes. PS Plus Extra is a solid deal. Lots of cool games to play.

Helped me recoup some costs since I could sell my copies of Miles Morales, Ratchet and Demon Souls.

I have no idea why anyone subs to Premium, though. Unless they throw open cloud streaming to the masses.

Sony needs to add PSVR2 games to the list, though. My headset is gathering dust...
Because PS+ Premium allows you to stream Alone in the Dark: Inferno.

That's why.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Perplexed at the price increase for Essential. It's the bare minimum subscription offering cloud saves and online multiplayer with 3 games and even that needed a massive $20 increase, sigh.
Doesn't essential give you access to a ton of games though? Not the 3 monthly ones but the gamepass style selection?

Vroadstar

I've barely paid for games I'm playing now and enjoyed games I haven't heard of. Being free on extra. I mostly bought 1st party releases, so it's still worth it for me. Plus I'm stack till 2025 so yes.

Crayon

I feel like "no" rn but I'll have to see. If the baseline sub still has half off deals on Black Friday or a game comes up that the console friends want to play. For my usage rn it doesn't make sense. Sub catalogs are not useful to me, and fg's are the only regular mp I do which can be done on pc. Besides, I think I might have the year after next already paid for. And maybe I'll stack another before next week so I won't really have to decide anyway.

Strange timing. Microsoft’s biggest exclusive is coming out in a few days and what does Sony do? Significantly increase PS Plus pricing without adding anything to it. Yet people want and are embracing an all digital and subscription gaming future where these “trustworthy” corporations control the pricing and can increase and discount whenever they feel like it? I don’t play online much at all, but it’s just the principle of it all.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Currently on essential and considering to stop subbing. I rarely play online and only sub because of the monthly games.

kiphalfton

Was awaiting for Extra to go on sale, for sub $80, but guess that isn't happening now.

Guess I may jump back in the Game Pass Ultimate pool, if the sub $7 three month XBL gold cards come back around on cdkeys/eneba before mid September.

No. Like I said in the other thread I'd have to want to buy some $70 game and then pay another $80 just to play it online?? That's $150. It's not happening. I'll go buy a Series X before I do that.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I don’t want to, but I’m too lazy to cancel it. They’ve got me right where they want me.

Aion002

I honestly don't know, both my gamepass ultimate and ps+ premium subscriptions will end on december, I will most definitely re-sub on gamepass, but on ps+....

Larry Shrug GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Also, annoucing a month line up that has Saint's Row as the main game while also annoucing a price increase...

Bust Down Sam Jay GIF by PeacockTV

Last edited:
I voted yes in the poll, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just ignore this price increase by Sony. What I am going to do moving forward is start being even more patient and not buying any games day 1 anymore going forward, especially since they are already $70 at launch. So I'll just make up the difference by waiting for good sales on games even more than I already have previously, and also be looking around for 2nd hand copies of physical games to help make up for this price hike on my PS Plus membership. No way I'm letting Jimbo nail me with this horse manure price hike, I'll find a way around this crap no problem.

As it stands now, no way. If they announced more big games coming to PS+ on release date, like Game Pass, then it would be a fair increase. If that is indeed the case, they should have announced it at the same time as the pricing increase. Terrible marketing no matter what the decision is.

I have some time though, stacked like 8/9 years around the holidays and got PS+ Premium for around $45 a year. So I will likely just wait this out, I'm sure by the time my sub runs out the service will look completely different anyway.

Rippa

I can’t remember the last time I paid full price for PS+ I always re-subscribed during Black Friday which was always 20% off.

Even when extra and premium editions came out. Black Friday had the deals!

It will most likely happen again this year so there’s that.

I voted yes BTW.

Svejk

This may be the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Being a long time PS user since the beginning, these subscription services are always a hard pill to swallow, and this one is just straight horseshit of a hike.

S0ULZB0URNE

Yes, I am locked in a few years.
Only gaming subscription service worth having.

But I do care that the price went up.(this should be a poll option)

sendit

Nope.

PS5 is only good for exclusives. It's a good thing they aren't doing Day 1 PC releases, else it becomes a door stop like the Xbox Series consoles.

Last edited:

Agent X

I've got PS Plus Premium for a few more months, and I've generally been satisfied with it so far. $40 is a steep increase, though.

I haven't yet decided whether to renew. I'm going to wait until later in the year to see if they offer a good discount for the holidays. If there aren't any good deals, then I might drop to a lower tier, or just bow out altogether.

Cattlyst

By pure coincidence I cancelled my membership a week before this announcement of increased prices. Haven’t touched my PS5 in weeks and got a reminder email about my renewal so I just hit the eject button. Even considering selling the PS5 as I mostly game on PC.

Comfortgel

Growing older, my buddies and I have less and less time to play online, so cancelling isn't that painful anymore. We haven't had a good weekend of gaming since Evil Dead launched.

Feelsbadman

Codeblew

I still have it until XMAS time but I cancelled my recurring payment to help send a message. I will probably just pay 1 month at a time if there is something I want to play.

Last edited:

slade

I let my subscription expire last year. At first I figured I would miss the PS+ discounts but looking back at it, they didn't really amount to much. If you are looking for an actual deal, the seasonal sales are your best bet.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Blow me. I have paid tens of thousands to these companies and they are taking advantage of me and I've had enough. Never thieved before, can't wait to start.
meh
Piracy is all fun and games until you get a new computer or need to transfer your save files. It's 'worth it' in the short term but you lose out big time with loss of access to online, updates and mods. Ultimately just buy the games at a discount on steam/keysites, much better and more convenient IMO.

phaedrus

Will be downgrading to Essential when my Extra expires in exactly a year's time. With my current backlog, I simply don't have time to play all the Extra "free" games anyway 🤷‍♂️.

linko9

I'm sure it's been answered, but can you buy another year in the future at the current price? I have until the end of the year left on mine, and I see the option to "buy another subscription" but I'm not sure what that does.

Chechack

I always wait for Chinese/Lunar New Year sale,usually have 50%-75% discount.

But see how it is next year if the games sucks from now till then might not wanna renew or just buy basic plan for online play

sachos

If they achieved emulation quality of the level of DuckStation and PCSX2 and massively improved the Premium classic catalog, maybe. Im also growing a YT channel about gaming so if i somehow get it to be sustainable i guess i will renew my sub.

Esppiral

I doubt anyone is paying for that feature.
Online shouldn’t be behind a pay wall.
No one should pay for any of those, but consider save games more vital than online honestly, specially when you have various consoles or just want to replace/upgrade.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

No one should pay for any of those, but consider save games more vital than online honestly, specially when you have various consoles or just want to replace/upgrade.
I think I only use cloud saves when switching between gens, that said a USB would do the same job so I wouldn’t miss it if it were ever dropped.

TrebleShot

Yeah I will but mostly because I am predominantly playing on PS5 and I think they will announce an additional incentive soon enough.

Top Bottom