• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood announced ($20, standalone, PC/XB1/PS4)

zorbsie

Very excited about this. Day 1. Wolfenstein was one of my favourite games last year. Can't wait to play more of it. Also, really love the trailer. Marketing for both games has been fantastic.

Deku Tree

I hope they improve the audio mix.

I bought the new order based upon hype on PS4,
And then I couldn't hear what any of the NPC were saying...
So I stopped playing and I felt ripped off.

Never had that problem with my setup in another game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Kinda feels like a Return to Castle Wolfenstein homage, what with the castle, the small german town and nazi archeologists uncovering some kind of unholy relic (which is probably going to spawn demonic soldiers or something similar)

For sure. Looks very cliche Nazi occult game. Love it.

This time I won't make that silly mistake and buy the german edition (in Switzerland) and think it'll surely be a non-censored edition...UK or US it is!

glaurung

This is awesome! I always hoped they'd do a DLC pack with the
Venus base
, but this sounds even better.

Nice price to boot!

Bl@de

85473-south-park-NICE-meme-fi0v.png

dhi

Neo Member
Awesome!!! Instant buy. I think I'll do some more 999-Mode runs of the main game in before May 5

This is an expansion for a $60 retail game using all of the same assets/engine, just like the Infamous standalone DLC. You don't make that engine The Order uses for a single $20 game.

Yeah but they could totally use the assets again for something like this

Plus New Order dropped to 40 and below within a month

Good time to be a gamer

CHC

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Seriously, New Order was so, so, so good and the idea of that gameplay in a classic German mountain / village / castle setting... It's just too fucking good.

I sure hope they don't move the release to the 6th in Europe (store update day). Cause may 5th is liberation day in The Netherlands, what a way to celebrate!
And this year it's that once-in-five-years-a-day-off-day.

jdevil99

Just the other day I said how much I loved their previous entry and that it was my top FPS of the year. I was all about a sequel and would have loved to dive back into the world they created and the game mechanics that felt old and new at the same time. This prequel will most certainly fill that void that is there yearning for a sequel. Prequel is just as good to me. As long as I get more Wolfenstein......this is certified awesomeness!

pr0cs

it looks really good, I'm almost done TNO so this will be a welcome return, I always preferred the 'creepy german castle' theme of the original / older games.

feel

HOLY SHIT YES

TNO was fantastic, like the kind of quality fps campaign that noone bothers producing anymore since like what, HL2?

Top Bottom