• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood announced ($20, standalone, PC/XB1/PS4)

jerry1594

Nice. Will be getting the boxed version.
This is an expansion for a $60 retail game using all of the same assets/engine, just like the Infamous standalone DLC. You don't make that engine The Order uses for a single $20 game.
You don't have to.

gooface

Banned
something else I have to buy now... I love TNO, it was one of the only games out of the games I bought last year (which I bought like almost every AAA game that came out on PC) that I completed and didnt get bored of.

I'M IN!

For a first look, watch our announcement trailer in the embed above, and this weekend at PAX East, look for our two-part livestream as Pete Hines and I tackle the PS4 version of the game on Twitch.TV/Twitch at 10:30 am Eastern Time on both Friday, March 6th and Saturday, March 7th.

Can't wait!!

Watched the trailer and it looks incredible. I'm glad it looks like they are bring back the creepy horror vibes of the older Wolfenstein games, it will provide a great balance to the slicker sci-fi stuff from The New Order. The Universal Pictures 30's horror aesthetic is excellent too.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Will buy no doubt, I wish TNO would go on sale digitally, it's one of the few physical games I still have and would love to sell my copy and get go digital.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Interesting that it takes place in 1946, so still after World War II should have "ended", where Deathshead has turned the tide of battle. I'm guessing it all goes to shit towards the end.

Ledhead

Just started another playthrough of TNO. Based Machine Games, thank you so much for providing us with more Wolfenstein

Mask

Excellent. I was just wondering when we were getting DLC for Wolfenstein just yesterday!

...I actually have one of those big giant Special Editions of TNO, the big box with Robodog figure.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to be playing another Wolfenstein game, as I just completed W:TNO and loved it. But unless this prequel can set up something significant for the story that carries past W:TNO, I won't be able to entirely appreciate a prequel, especially knowing what takes place in W:TNO and how the Nazis won.

DOWN

Banned
The New Order was my first experience with Wolfenstein. I was really pleasantly surprised and I will gladly buy this.

ironcreed

Banned
This looks more intriguing than The New Order to me. Although I am sure it will be quite a bit shorter. Regardless, I'll buy this for $20.

AlphaPlus

Neo Member
:> Definitely excited for this. Loved the new Wolfenstein to bits, and I'm hoping this is just as good. (of course it will be shorter though)

I'm wondering what the length for this will be. TNO was surprisingly long, but this is a third of the price. I'd be pretty happy with a tightly paced 7-8 hour experience, but maybe that's asking too much. Left Behind was $15 and about 2 hours long (a fucking amazing 2 hours though).

soultron

Banned
I'm wondering what the length for this will be. TNO was surprisingly long, but this is a third of the price. I'd be pretty happy with a tightly paced 7-8 hour experience, but maybe that's asking too much. Left Behind was $15 and about 2 hours long (a fucking amazing 2 hours though).

I'd go for this even if it was only 2 hours. IDGAF. TNO was that good.

Bonus for me is that I just got a 980 so I'll be able to crank the shit out of the visuals for this.

Xpliskin

gitoW.gif

Ahahaha.

Still need to finish TNO, last mission.

Top Bottom