• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood announced ($20, standalone, PC/XB1/PS4)

soultron

Banned
I'm not sure I get it. There is 2 missions for 20$ or is it episodic ?

Physical release too ? I kinda like my 20$ physical release (First Light, Groud Zeroes, maybe this)
It sounds like 2 self-contained missions with smaller, disconnected narratives. The stage is set so that both missions are still in the WW2 timeline, but it seems each mission will have its own narrative with a beginning, end, and maybe its own villain driving the narrative there.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
How I feel right now.
q3e87zR.gif

I must've done a bad job teasing this, seeing how surprised everyone is. I've posted about it a few times in the last months

Nonetheless, its going to be an amazing 10 hour ride for 20$.

10 hours? Do you work for Bethesda or Machine Games? No dev tag so just curious how you know this if you don't work for them. Thanks.

DrKelpo

Banned
my thoughts:

"fuck yes.....fuck no, digital only, that means probably only the cut version here in germany"

fucking bullshit laws here -.-

It sounds like 2 self-contained missions with smaller, disconnected narratives. The stage is set so that both missions are still in the WW2 timeline, but it seems each mission will have its own narrative with a beginning, end, and maybe its own villain driving the narrative there.

Oh I see. Hope for a physical release

FrsDvl

10 hours? Do you work for Bethesda or Machine Games? No dev tag so just curious how you know this if you don't work for them. Thanks.

No i do not work for either. I just know things ;) You can blame me if it's not 10 hours at launch. But don't worry, it will be. Unless you play it on easy mode and run and gun right through it of course.

And i'm not posting in public how i know, can't go that far!

No i do not work for either. I just know things ;) You can blame me if it's not 10 hours at launch. But don't worry, it will be. Unless you play it on easy mode and run and gun right through it of course.
After the last year on insiders here, yeah I don't believe you lol.

It's just 2 missions, c'mon. Let's not be blowing hype out of proportions. People get so crazy over game length.

soultron

Banned

And i'm not posting in public how i know, can't go that far!

Mod verification required.

FLAguy954

Fuck yes. With Machine Games dropping last gen like a rock, Wolfenstein can finally shine graphically on my PC :).

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, $20 for an additional 10 hours is just about as awesome as discovering Episode 4-6 of the original Wolf3D was a thing.

Yoday

I'll be there day one. This seems to look better than TNO visually. Textures and lighting seem to have gotten an upgrade.

I must've done a bad job teasing this, seeing how surprised everyone is. I've posted about it a few times in the last months

Nonetheless, its going to be an amazing 10 hour ride for 20$.

wow, that's like the entire length of the original game, lol. I was expecting a couple extra missions, sweet.

Well shit, this just made my day, 7-8+ more hours of Wolfenstein by Machine Games, lets do it. I even love the concept, them going back and making a modern version of classic WW2 Wolfenstein

Mikey Jr.

I would get this if not for the the way ammo pickups are handled. Having to constantly look down to pick up 7 bullets got really annoying. I know it seems like a small nitpick, but I just really really hate it. Gonna pass.

Falk

that puzzling face
I would get this if not for the the way ammo pickups are handled. Having to constantly look down to pick up 7 bullets got really annoying. I know it seems like a small nitpick, but I just really really hate it. Gonna pass.

amazing

Matchew

This is awesome and this type of DLC should happen more often with single player games. TNO was one of my favorite games last year so I'll definitely be picking this up.

Top Bottom