• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood announced ($20, standalone, PC/XB1/PS4)

In development at MachineGames, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood will be available digitally and at retail for £14.99/€19.99/AUS$39.95 on PC and PlayStation 4.

It will be a digital-only title for Xbox One and is set for a May 5 release.

Additional gameplay will be revealed during PAX East at 3.30pm GMT on both Friday, March 6 and Saturday, March 7 on Twitch.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/04/wolfenstein-the-old-blood-pc-ps4-xbox-one/

Europe only

PC/PS4 only. Weird at no X1 retail version

thenexus6

36250fe12fcae09c2ff4492f39dc3ead05066bdecd10c3b552f38cb37e42b742.jpg

notBald

TNO ran fine on IdTech5. I played on PC and had a stable 60fps and very few bugs/graphical glitches. TNO is the kind of game IT5 was designed for, Evil Within wasn't.

WUT, there's another IT5 game. Had no idea.

But yeah, TNO looked great. Better than TLoU, which was all the rage back then.

Very much looking forwards to seeing how far they can push the engine now that they're dropping the old consoles.

Well this will be an interesting experiment.

So instead of mid-grade games at a slightly lower price; we have a bite sized AAA game at a much lower price.

This could be a good thing or a bad thing.

ryuken-d

Well this will be an interesting experiment.

So instead of mid-grade games at a slightly lower price; we have a bite sized AAA game at a much lower price.

This could be a good thing or a bad thing.

I'd say good as far as I know the only example we have is blood dragon and that was good. TNO was way better so old blood should be the best. it'll probably be longer than the Order ha!

I'm not sure I get it. There is 2 missions for 20$ or is it episodic ?

Physical release too ? I kinda like my 20$ physical release (First Light, Groud Zeroes, maybe this)

FrsDvl

I must've done a bad job teasing this, seeing how surprised everyone is. I've posted about it a few times in the last months

Nonetheless, its going to be an amazing 10 hour ride for 20$.

pulsemyne

Just like the old days where PC gamers got stand alone expansion packs and there was much gladness for 15 quid. TNO was brilliant fun so this will be day one for me.

DieH@rd

Banned
The only bad thing about this news is that this will probably delay the arrival of nextgen-only idTech6 based sequel.

But still, I am happy that this is coming out in 2 months. :) This DLC haaaaaaaaaaas to have Fergus

fergus-10.jpg

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
The only bad thing about this news is that this will probably delay the arrival of nextgen-only idTech6 based sequel.

But still, I am happy that this is coming out in 2 months. :) This DLC haaaaaaaaaaas to have Fergus

fergus-10.jpg

SPOILERS

But in my game I had his brain removed and he's dead. :(

ryuken-d

I must've done a bad job teasing this, seeing how surprised everyone is. I've posted about it a few times in the last months

Nonetheless, its going to be an amazing 10 hour ride for 20$.

10hrs!!!
I'd be happy with half that! holy shit.
now that's how you do it.

Wolfenstein=Solid Gold

Top Bottom