• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women getting lip fillers - is it akin to men working out?

I meant to write men working out

Anyway, primarily to impress the same sex?

Coz I have not ever encountered a single male friend saying "damn, if only that girl had a fatter bottom lip"

I can't unstand the psychology of lip fillers. It's hideous

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
tenor.gif

Nymphae

Banned
I think it looks good sometimes and if women want to inject themselves with products for the express purpose of being more sexually attractive, more power to them. You don't like it? Awesome.

PSlayer

I meant to write men working out

Anyway, primarily to impress the same sex?

Coz I have not ever encountered a single male friend saying "damn, if only that girl had a fatter bottom lip"

I can't unstand the psychology of lip fillers. It's hideous

Thick lips is a neotenous feature, so it's not to impress the same sex it's to impress men. Problem is that those lip fillers usually butcher the women's faces instead of doing what is suppose to. The goal is to have Angelina Jolie's lips but usually what they get is those bimbo lips that are god awful.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Most of what women do regarding their looks is to impress other women.

There's obvious things like tight clothes and showing cleavage that are oriented to impressing men, but the rest of hair/makeup/fashion has nothing to do with men. These are all industries that rely on constantly changing "trends" to sell more products, and getting women to put each other down/praise each other based on their following of trends to ensure buy-in.

But having plump lips? That's a sexual characteristic to attract men. I'd say at some point though, the going so far it's ridiculous looking thing.. yeah that's women going way beyond sexual attraction and treating it like some status symbol. Same thing with ridiculous fake boobs or fake asses..there's a point where it's clearly not about sexual attraction anymore.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
It'd be more akin to men who go to a plastic surgeon and have silicone "muscles" implanted into their arms and chest.

You know, absolute fucking psychos and doctors who should lose their licences. It's normal when women do that kinda shit, though. Let's celebrate their beauty.

It'd be more akin to men who go to a plastic surgeon and have silicone "muscles" implanted into their arms and chest.

You know, absolute fucking psychos and doctors who should lose their licences. It's normal when women do that kinda shit, though. Let's celebrate their beauty.

There's no international competition for the fattest lips

There is for arms and chest

Fat lips is a 21st century anomaly. It needs to die

Last edited:

geoleon

Neo Member
Thick lips is a neotenous feature, so it's not to impress the same sex it's to impress men. Problem is that those lip fillers usually butcher the women's faces instead of doing what is suppose to. The goal is to have Angelina Jolie's lips but usually what they get is those bimbo lips that are god awful.
ok. but I don't like Angelina Jolie. I agree with you and Alter_Fridge too.

Fuck man I don't like *any* of it, lip fillers, fake tits, ASS IMPLANTS :messenger_dizzy:, make-up...

All this fakery, and for what?

Damn lies about biological markers, it's cheating! :lollipop_angry_face:

DogofWar

If you are a man and work out because you want other men to like you well... Good for you.

But comparing it to plastic surgery. That is just missing the point of working out entirely. And just how the heck can you compare the two? Not just does women generally like men who are fit. It is actually healthy, physically and psychologically to work out. You don't do it to look good (well apparently some people do :messenger_grinning_sweat:) . That is just a plus.

RedVIper

Banned
Paying for surgeries is totally the same as me spending several hours each week to stay in shape /s

Also, do you really think guys are at the gym working out to impress other guys. Is your gym exclusive to homosexual men?

Karmic Raze

Plastic surgery of any kind is bad IMO. I hate it when perfectly beautiful women ruin their looks with that shit. They must have daddy issues.

DESTROYA

That's exactly why men work out

Gaining the respect of your peers through getting huge >

We do it for girls too, but in reality that's secondary
That’s so wrong, I workout to improve myself not gaining respect of my peers, why would I even give a shit what they think.
So your peers only like you for your body? That sounds pretty gay

Top Bottom