• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 6/27: Germany Vs. England, Mexico vs. Argentina |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raelson

Mechanical Snowman said:
Who knew a 1126 page thread would break GAF so much :D

It must be some kind of record.
The Rock Band thread was almost at 3000 pages but i guess the massive activity in combination with megathread killed it.

Mindlog

Caoz said:
Guess we better start our lunch here. Nervousness gone, resignation kicked in. :D

Go Mexico, Go out with Pride !

Yeah!

The oldest player on the team should punch the ref. He's not playing in a cup again anyways and he'll be a made man when he gets back home.

El Sloth

Banned
GhaleonQ said:
Uh, they're pretty clearly joking.

(On the page. I'm sure the editors actually do think it's stupid, but the headline's ironic.)

It's the Post. Even if they are joking(which looking at some their other headlines, I doubt) they are still a shit rag.

That was a very good chance wasted by Mexico just now.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
You don't need a replay system when everybody on the fucking planet but the guy with the whistle can call the game correctly.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Raelson said:
The Rock Band thread was almost at 3000 pages but i guess the massive activity in combination with megathread killed it.

Rock band thread was causing the same problems. Yeah, it's the combination of size + activity.

gimmmick

Gary Whitta said:
Wow Mexico really just fell to pieces after a fiery start.

Argentina just look like they're having fun out there, there's a lot of joy on the field and on the bench. They've gotta be the favorites against Germany.

There is a reason why Mexico doesn't win shit.

NH Apache

Banned
Masta_Killah said:
So get more refs into the game then. It won't solve all the problems, but it should help.

Or FIFA has more money than God, so they could establish a system to help the little guys out if they are below an economic level.

Someone in the other thread was talking about fair play. If Argentina knew that it was a shit goal, should they not have put one in their own net?

Ducarmel

I hate Mexico and usually it gives me joy when they lose.

I appreciate how Argentina is picking them apart, but it sucks to see them like this.

Just complete implosion after that bad call.

Just kills whatever enjoyment I could of had watching this.

GhaleonQ

El Sloth said:
It's the Post. Even if they are joking(which looking at some their other headlines, I doubt) they are still a shit rag.

1. You didn't hear the exact same thing dozens of times yesterday? Fake pouting is the only way a few of my friends coped with it.
2. It implies that people, generally, were genuinely inspired by the team's play.
3. Yeah, but who cares? In 2010, complaining about it's as irritating as reading it.

Opiate

Okay guys, we're re-reorgnizing. I'm relabeling this thread: instead of a thread per match, we're going to try a thread per day, which essentially means you'll have two matches bunched in to each thread.

Immediate effect: none. I'm just renaming this thread, and it will now operate as the thread for both games today. Open a new one tomorrow.

Again, try to avoid any of these becoming a quasi-megathread, and again, thanks for your patience, etc. etc.

Socreges

Banned
:lol announcer just called Tevez a "terrier" -- what happened to "bulldog"? He's getting progressively less aggressive i guess

Amazing goal by Tevez

Hahaha, the more goals Argentina scores the less bite the call for instant reply has.
Though it shouldn't be that way. Same thing with the Germany/England game. If it had been 2-2 (or 0-0 in this case), the game would be completely different.

Also, if I were Heinze I'd probably do the exact same thing. A camera that invasive that you end up smoking your head hard? And its frustrating enough to get hit that hard in the head, never mind actually having someone to blame for it.

NH Apache said:
Or FIFA has more money than God, so they could establish a system to help the little guys out if they are below an economic level.

Someone in the other thread was talking about fair play. If Argentina knew that it was a shit goal, should they not have put one in their own net?

Fair play my ass , any team would have not said anything about that goal if it was for there side.

thy_

faridmon said:
also, what will happen with our post count? what does soft-deleting mean?

Soft deleting means it got moved out of the usual gaf space.
So it could be potentially moved back to be archived.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Meus Renaissance said:
By the way, reports are that the guy who showed that offside replay is in deep doodoo. FIFA have strict rules about showing controversial decisions on the screen during a game in case of provoking the crowd. It certainly incited the players. In regards to Video Evidence, FIFA said in March that if they allowed it then they would need to demand it from every stadia in every league in every country to have a football association. That is financially unrealistic for some small teams. They have a point. Whilst the top leagues and second leagues could do it, its more trouble than its worth than making it a compulsory requirement of every club.
Why make it compulsory for everyone? Make it mandatory for large events and venues that could do it no problem, and have it optional for everyone else.

Opiate said:
Okay guys, we're re-reorgnizing. I'm relabeling this thread: instead of a thread per match, we're going to try a thread per day, which essentially means you'll have two matches bunched in to each thread.

Immediate effect: none. I'm just renaming this thread, and it will now operate as the thread for both games today. Open a new one tomorrow.

Okay, this sounds better for the conversation before and between games.

NH Apache said:
Name one other sport where that would happen. It was a shitty call but you have to play through it. Having an everybody plays AYSO attitude doesn't cut it at this level. Mexico needed to shake that call off and continue to fight and they clearly haven't.

USD

At least Mexico has been somewhat more threatening. They're still far away from getting a finish though.

Rentahamster said:
Why make it compulsory for everyone? Make it mandatory for large events and venues that could do it no problem, and have it optional for everyone else.
Yep, just making it mandatory for the World Cup, Euro and Champions League would be enough for me, I don't really give a damn about the rest :p

Kinyou

How about making a thread for every world cup day?

After every day the thread gets locked and a new one is opened.

This way we could still have those non game related talks.

faridmon

Is it possible that Mexico scoring 3 goals tonight? i don't think its possible but my brother is banking on that :lol

Mexico playing well, and I hate Veron, isn't he older than Tomasson?

Well, there's no need to fall for fatalist attitudes. This is the place that our team has earned historically. A solid second round competitor. As long as our federation and local teams keep focusing on money instead of producing more and better players, we will never be able to consider ourselves a true contender.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Kinyou said:
How about making a thread for every world cup day?

After every day the thread gets locked and a new one is opened.

This way we could still have those non game related talks.

Yes, we decided on that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom