• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you buy a Ps5 Pro/Xbox Pro?

Would you buy a Pro console?

• I am satisfied with my Ps5

Votes: 161 37.8%
  • I am satisfied with my XSX

Votes: 82 19.2%
  • I am satisfied with my XSS

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • I would buy a Ps5 Pro

Votes: 230 54.0%
  • I would buy a Xbox Pro

Votes: 76 17.8%

• Total voters

Spyxos

Gold Member
Since the rumors are increasing that there will be Pro versions, I would be interested to know how many of you would even buy one. Do we even need them? Are they coming too soon? Personally, I don't need them yet.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Season 6 Episode 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Since I didn’t buy the PS5, but think about doing it in the future, I would like to buy a PS5 Pro instead – feels better than having two almost identical machines (I already have an Xbox Series X)

Monad

My beefy 4090 and more and more Sony games coming out on PC (at least the ones I'm most interested in) say no.

FunkMiller

Does it actually come with some fucking games that push the hardware? Because I already bought two 'next gen' consoles that are still choked with cross gen games two and a half years after they came out, and at least one 'next gen' console that is consistently held back by its retarded little brother.

So... day one.

feynoob

Banned
It's better to invest on my PC.
Ps5+ps5pro+xbs+xbspro is expensive for me.

I can upgrade my PC for cheap, while current PS5 and (future xbs) is enough for me now.

reinking

Gold Member
Not right now. Maybe if we see some titles that would take advantage but I don't expect the difference in Pro models to be that significant. We're not really seeing anything that is pushing the current systems.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I barely turn my Series X or PS5 on now as it is. I'd rather take the money (these things would inevitably be pretty expensive) and sink it into a more powerful graphics card for my PC.

EN250

Give me a reason first? For now PS5 is working well, no game is too demanding, or we didn't reach Cyberpunk 2077 Xbone/PS4 levels of lack of HP to run it correctly, so for now I don't see the point in getting a Pro Version

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’m happy with the PS5, just want a slim.

Later on in the gen if Sony’s games are 40fps @ 1080p-1440p I’d be more than happy.

Indyblue

I’d like to say it would depend on price and features and whatnot but if I’m being totally honest, yeah. I’d buy a ps5 pro

ZoukGalaxy

Nope.

Grumpy Cat No GIF by Internet Cat Video Festival

You poll is too exhaustive and without any real "NO", a yes/no would be more effective and would allow to see better the ratio.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Yes, easily. Why not?
If you dont want it, dont buy it. Its probably more for the hardcore fans just like PS4 Pro. Made the games much better for me

Mr Hyde

No. I'm good with PS5. I didn't buy a PS4 pro either. PS5 hasn't been utilized properly with very few games taking advantage of the hardware, so I don't feel inclined to shell out another 500 for a new box. Developers barely cared for the previous Pro-iterations so from my perspective it's just a waste of money. Also, the generational gap for the eventual PS6 becomes smaller with mid gen refreshing. Although I think this will be my last console generation.

odhiex

Maybe, even if I am not, I would not against them if they are exist. Technology advances forward, they may serve different audiences, who demand the latest and greatest (just like smartphones, tablets and high-end PC components). I am sure the standard PS5 will be supported for a long time, like they did with PS4.

Should PS5 Pro is real, then we should expect even higher specs and capabilities of PS6. Simple.

Metnut

Have a PS5 and right now XBox has no games I want, so no need to buy into the MS ecosystem.

At some point around 2025, Starfield will be patched and mostly bug free and games like Avowed and Fable will be out. At that point, I’ll probably buy a MS console and might as well go with the “pro” option if there’s on available. Would be great for third party games too.

Last edited:
No, I didn’t get the One X or PS4 Pro. I haven’t even had the PS5 for all that long. I think it’s kind of crazy that it seems to be happening so fast.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Imo, the industry does not need better hardware right now. It needs amazing developers and artists with broad vision.

There`s no purpose for a Lamborgini if the driver found its permit in a cereal box.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
It really depends, the big ask would he Ray Tracing at 60FPS... even if its 1080p.

The issue is that the consoles use AMD which as people know are behind in this technology. Even on the latest cards from AMD they are behind even weaker cards in the Nvidia 3000 series nevermind the current 4000 line up in this regard.

This means that really until AMD release their next generation of GPU and the Ray tracing pipeline upgrade for that I honestly can't imagine them hitting 60FPS with Ray tracing on console.

qiqiqiiq

Yes, I had an original PS4 and Xbox ONE back in the day but had to sell them, and after many years I bought a PS4 Pro and a One X and I would have never gone back to the slim consoles because to me the games ran and looked much better, so yeah I don't mind mid gen refreshes because I appreciate that extra level of image quality or performance they offer, and it's not like the regular PS5 will stop existing due to a PRO version being released.

Hell no, both consoles already feel like a bit of a waste so far. I've used one to play GoW:R and the other to catch up on old stuff and replace my emulation PC.

DonJimbo

A PS5 Pro in a heart Beat if it's real and if the Super Duper Series X is more powerful than the PS5 Pro aswell

Yep, my daughter can have the One X (son's current console), son take my existing Series X and I'd buy the Power of X Pro or whatever stupid name they come up with for myself.

Top Bottom