• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you walk the Chang Kong Cliff Road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Similarly, I'd encourage you to walk the Caminito del Rey in Spain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caminito_del_Rey

200px-Caminito_del_Rey_3.jpg
Caminito del Rey is basically Ico IRL.

tino

Banned
Do people live on the mountain? Or are all those structures just for the tourists?

There are temples all around the mountain but people don't like on upper mountain.

Villages do carry food and drink to the upper levels everyday. This is the difference between China and the US. When you go hiking in China, you expect you can buy snacks and soft drinks in just about anywhere.

Ogni-XR21

Probably not.

I'm thinking if I was actually there I might consider it, but looking at the last few pics on my comfy couch I really don't feel like it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There are temples all around the mountain but people don't like on upper mountain.

Villages do carry food and drink to the upper levels everyday. This is the difference between China and the US. When you go hiking in China, you expect you can buy snacks and soft drinks in just about anywhere.

So it's basically become a tourist-driven economy then? That's really funny, considering.

Fred-87

No, i trust myself that i can climb/walk.. but i dont trust others, in this case the people who builded that walk

justjohn

The amazing thing about this is the original people who built it in the first place. I womder how many died constructing that wooden floor.

NekoFever

I can handle the steps and the crevices, and heights don't bother me, but the rickety little wooden platforms? Fuck that. I wouldn't trust those if I was five feet off the ground.

hom3land

Can confirm you can buy a coke on the great Wall of china

Seanspeed

Banned
I probably couldn't handle it. Doing construction, I had to get over working high up on ladders and on roofs, but this is just something else.

I also dont think most of you guys saying "Well if I had a harness" would really understand until you got up there that the idea of a harness probably wouldnt be enough to overcome your crippling mental block of being so incredibly high up. I'm sure some of you could, but probably not a very big percentage.

This looks awesome, I want to do it and don't want to at the same time.
How cool would it be to actually do it? It would be amazing!

Szu

I would do it, but my wife would be scared to death.

Hmmm, now I think I've finally found a place where I can place my video games in peace.

*Packs bag*

Doesn't even look that bad. I've done scarier trails (steeper inclines, no handrails, stairs just made out of rotting roots/planks) in British Columbia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom